View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #25
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Saturday ~ Chilly This Day

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

O – Let the rain come down – We had a gulley washer last night with lots of thunder and lightning which kept the dogs barking and disturbing my sleep. We sure needed the rain though so I am not complaining. The temperature this day is going to get up to 75ºs and not higher so say the talking heads. It is currently 63ºs as I type. I am just waking up to the world and having my first cup of coffee. Cecil is in the bedroom and the dogs are asleep in the front room and Will is out at the mall selling raffle tickets. I am home alone and just starting to think of what to cook for dinner this day. I know for lunch I will be having a bowl of my Peal-A-Pound soup. I think for dinner I will make grilled chicken breast tenders. I can use a cast iron square pan that has ridges built up in the bottom which is called a “grill pan.” It works great for I get it real hot and then I have a flat cast iron top with ridges in it that I heat on another burner then press it down on top of the meat and it cooks from both sides at once. I have had this method of grilling indoors before I got my Cuisinart Griddler® that has several plates and works as a grill or a griddle or a waffle-er. I think I will use the griddler for it is much easier to clean up afterwards. Grilled chicken, seasoned rice, green beans and fruit sounds like a yummy dinner to me.

We have a start on gathering up the food for Thanksgiving for we now have a turkey breast and cans of whole cranberry sauce and mandarin orange slices. I like to mix the cranberry sauce with the orange sections along with a few chopped nuts. Makes a great spread for a leftover turkey sandwich. It will depend on if we have guests over for the meal on how much I will be making. I will mix up a batch of refrigerator rolls which are so good to have frozen for later meals. I like to make these for a holiday meal because you can mix the dough up ahead of time and keep it in the fridge till you want to use it. It will last a few days in the fridge. I hope the weather is conducive for Will to smoke the turkey breast outside. I like to pull back the skin and rub spices on it then pull the skin back over it. It is so good that way and I do discard the skin before slicing the meat. It is so good cooking it that way ~ nice and juicy and not dry at all. While he has the smoker going I like to smoke some other cuts of meat also for later meals.

JEAN May you have many more to celebrate. What do you have on your ticket to do this day to celebrate? I am a day older than you well ~ many days that is. Life is good.

DONNA FAYE I imagine you had a fun breakfast this day with your daughter. It is nice to have someone to celebrate with. Is her pool put to bed yet or does she still use it for awhile?

Have a great day Magnolias.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote