Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-11-2012, 03:25 AM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default body shapes

my roommate was wondering what her body "shape" was tonight so we did a little research/measuring online and it was pretty interesting to me.

we looked at several sites but this one was easy enough
http://www.channel4.com/4beauty/styl...our-body-shape

site after site told me i was hourglass, which i expected. my bust and hips are almost the same and my natural waist is 12 inches smaller. supposedly thats a good one, but all i know is that websites tell me i cant wear skinny jeans and i feel extremely disproportionate when i put my hands around my waist.

what is yours and how do you think it effects your weight loss?

i tend to lose and gain pretty evenly all over so i feel like its harder to notice my weight loss. its not like my butt or stomach get smaller all the sudden, it all just sort of comes off from everywhere.

Last edited by juliastl27; 10-11-2012 at 03:25 AM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Thanks for posting this. I have been wondering what I was. I usually buy seperates but I bought a suit with jacket, pants and skirt and all were a size 20. It all fit perfect. I knew some people have to mismatch their top and bottom sizes and that is when I became curious.

I knew I wasn't an apple or pear but wasn't sure about hourglass since right now, though I am shapely it isn't what I thought an hourglass would be (Marilyn Monroe with an extra 80 pounds??) According to the website I am and hourglass. Another website said I was a banana which I am fine with also. I do gain weight and lose weight evenly all over. Even at my heaviest weight, I was evenly built. I didn't have a big bust or large behind. It was the main reason I could hide my weight well.

Last edited by RoyalAthena; 10-11-2012 at 04:02 AM.
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

I love this site and thanks!

Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:05 AM   #4  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by briangtabolt View Post
Body shape depends on your eating and routine .But you can change it in a way you want by doing some hard work and also by some *************.******.

website
i have no idea what this means.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 10-11-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Quoted post was SPAM. Reported. Removed. Link in the quote replaced here with ***.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #5  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAthena View Post
Thanks for posting this. I have been wondering what I was. I usually buy seperates but I bought a suit with jacket, pants and skirt and all were a size 20. It all fit perfect. I knew some people have to mismatch their top and bottom sizes and that is when I became curious.

I knew I wasn't an apple or pear but wasn't sure about hourglass since right now, though I am shapely it isn't what I thought an hourglass would be (Marilyn Monroe with an extra 80 pounds??) According to the website I am and hourglass. Another website said I was a banana which I am fine with also. I do gain weight and lose weight evenly all over. Even at my heaviest weight, I was evenly built. I didn't have a big bust or large behind. It was the main reason I could hide my weight well.

interesting. from the way you describe your body it does sound like a banana. hourglass figures typically have a lot of boobs and booty (lol) but i think body shape is mostly based off measurements. is your waist a lot smaller than your bust/hips?

Last edited by juliastl27; 10-11-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

It said I was an hourglass, but I think I am more like the michelin man right now, lol.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I'm pretty much an hourglass, though I don't have very big boobs. I have wide shoulders, wide hips, and a small and well-defined waist. I tend to gain fairly evenly, though somewhat more on the bottom half. Recently a friend told me that she never thought I was overweight, even when I was 55 pounds heavier. When I look at pictures from that time, though, I definitely look puffy and chunky all over.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #8  
Foodie For Life

S/C/G: 192/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Love this! Thanks so much for posting it. Website says (as I've always assumed) I am a "medium height hourglass". I have narrow shoulders but a large bust, small waist and big hips. I've never really had a problem in the tummy area. It's always been my lower half and my chest that gains all the weight. It's hard finding clothes to fit my body shape... Especially dresses. I can wear a medium and that will be perfect in my top area and then be skin tight on my hips and butt. Some tops I can even get away with a small depending on the style but Im still in size 12 pants. Very frustrating. I actually love the curves I have, just hate that my curves are so large! Trying to even things out
NolaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #9  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I like body shape stuff. I've always had difficulty with mine. This gave me about the same thing as I've always known - I have a pretty straight up-and-down body type. Although I think I have a high waist, so a lot of times when my "waist" is measured, it's definitely below the slimmest part.

Fun! Thanks for posting it!

I'd like to see what shape I'd be if I lost more weight. I'm still fairly overweight right now, so it's a bit hard to tell.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #10  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
i have no idea what this means.
Look at the post count and the non-existent link, it was an attempt at spam.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #11  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I've known for a while now that I'm an apple; some websites have called me an oval.

Honestly, I hate it. My stomach is the by far the largest part of my body, and my hips and butt are insanely small compared to the rest of me. It's made it extremely difficult to find jeans that fit properly (although the smaller I get, the less of an issue it appears to be). For ages I was stuck with very uncomfortable "mom jeans," high and tight in the waist while my butt and hips were floating in them. It's very unflattering too. If my stomach was proportionate with the rest of me, I'd have definitely been in an 18 or smaller back when I was still struggling with 22/24's.

Given where my hips are now, I'm having a hard time believing that I'll ever have a waist that curves in.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I thought for years that I was an apple but now that I'm really looking at myself and taking measurements, come to find that I'm a banana or a spoon, depending on the website. My waist is one inch smaller than my breasts and four inches smaller than my hips.

Last edited by Garnet2727; 10-11-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #13  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

I am a massive pear. I wear a size small/4 on top and a size large/10 on bottom. I have the worst time trying to shop for a dress. I'm also short, so I have a hard time buying pants because I'm not "petite", as in slim bones structure and hips, but just short. I gain all my weigh in my butt and thighs, and I lose it first in my chest. Ugh!

Even when I reach goal weight, I don't have much hope because I'm not big-boned but have very wide hips. I'm hoping I can start building some upper body muscle to balance myself out...
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #14  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm none of those, but a "Skittle" going by this list: http://www.denimblog.com/c/a/the-12-...l-flatter-each

Quote:
The Skittle

Celebrity fit twins: Taylor Swift, Kate Middleton, Halle Berry, Katie Holmes...basically everyone

You're probably wondering what a Skittle is...well, apparently, in the UK it's a bowling pin! Basically, you probably went through life thinking you were a pear but wondering why you didn't have much of a butt. They are actually two distinct shapes (but probably genetically related), and the Skittle is one of the most common out there, especially if you're Eastern European (like my mom) or East Asian. The good news is...you are quite easy to dress!
Petite on top, well defined waist, thicker on bottom. In my case I have narrow hips (wear size 2-4 pants but can't see hipbones still) but a considerable badonkadonk (made via strength training) and DEEZ THIGHS (still touch).

I lose weight evenly, but recently with lots of lifting and exercise, my boobs have gone from AA to AAAAA T____T and my waist and legs are whittling down. Wish my gut would follow suit.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

I wrote a post about this a few months ago. I am a borderline petite short wasted 43/35/44 and am still kind of confused as to what types of clothes to choose......not a defined hourglass, but not an apple either..... more of a Cello....my bust is large 34HH, but my waist is not super defined and I have a tummy so some of the rules for hourglass don't work. I have a tiny wardrobe since loosing weight but still kind of hate most of my wardrobe. This is a continuous source of frustration. Part of it is also has to do with not being able to assess my body properly after weight loss....I second guess every clothing choice.
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote