View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #18
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Chilly Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

We have been out and about on this beautiful cool day. We stopped and bought 3 of those little pumpkins which I will use for a table decoration with some silk fall leaves I have.

We have changed our plans and will not be going to go to Texas because Will is on call that time and it is a busy time of the year with folks needing things. He wasn’t originally scheduled for that time and did not think to look at his calendar before we made our out of state plans. So a good thing is that Cecil won’t be traumatized after all and another good thing is we won’t be traveling on the road on the busiest day of the year.

I am thinking of getting another pasta machine. I used to have one and homemade is so much better than store bought. I made lasagna and ravioli and other types also. It is one of those appliances that I used to have but got rid of when we moved into that motor home. I have slowly replaced the ones that I really thought I would use and not the ones that I didn’t use much. A pasta machine is one of those I didn’t use much but when we wanted pasta I would make homemade for it is so good. Will was wanting some homemade ravioli and I said that it was absolutely too much work without that machine to roll the dough out so thin. So guess what ~ he wants me to get another Atlas next month so I can make homemade pasta once again. It is so much better. I won’t even have to spend “my allowance” on it. There is a nice electric pasta maker out that mixes the dough and makes 10 types of pasta but doesn’t make lasagna nor ravioli noodles. I have other ways to mix the dough and would rather have the hand crank model so I can make the wide dough.

JEAN As it is now the animals will be all together and their routine won't be mixed up since we will stay here. I think we will put a turkey breast in my indoor smoker and see how that works on that. Be a good time to experiment with a large piece of bird. It has worked great on every thing else we have pressure smoked in it. I can easily make some dressing and cranberry sauce to go with it and whatever else "traditional" we want. You will have to tell us how you do like that dark green wall and if it visually shrinks your kitchen. on your good dental check up. I get to go get my little cavity taken care of on the 19th.

DONNA FAYE That soup sounds good for I like those peppers and mixed with corn would be a nice combination for a soup. That sounds like a combo I might experiement in my blender. I know you will want to dance a jig when you get that pair of sox completed.

Have a great day Magnolias.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 10-10-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote