Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #1  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Feeling a little discouraged

I'm feeling a little discouraged today, though I still made sure to do my work out and I've been staying OP. I saw some pictures of me from early last year where I had gotten almost to my goal and I can't believe I let myself gain almost half of that back. I had to go buy a new pair of jeans today since it is getting colder and just wasn't happy with what I was seeing in the mirror. I realize I will have days like this, where I see how I let myself put back on some weight, but I had to remind myself that I have already lost almost 10 pounds of the weight I have regained, and that I am making progress every day.

I am almost halfway to my goal and I should be proud, but I'm just having a hard time trying to be kind to myself today instead of going back to being hard on myself. I have been on track, not missing a beat since I have been working on keeping a healthy lifestyle again. The scale, my clothes, and my health are starting to see the results.

Sorry for rambling, it was just sad to see how close I was before life went all crazy and then see how close I came to letting myself go. I refuse to let that happen again. This time when I get out of the 220s, it will be for good. This time when I get back into onederland, it will be for good. I swear that to myself today.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #2  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

We all have bad days hon, and you'll be fine. And at least you realize that! You've been a big inspiration to me with your determination and such kind words posted everywhere. You can definitely get back down there again! I gained back 25 pounds last year myself when life went crazy, and after a good sulking I got back on the wagon to make things happen.

Be proud you're back on that wagon already, making things happen! Unfortunately, life will always be at least a little crazy, we just have to find new ways to deal and cope. Stick with your commitment and trust the process, and think about how great you'll feel when you're still on-plan one year from today.

Take care and good luck!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #3  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

i feel ya girl. i was AT goal in january 2 years ago. all you can do now is push forward and realize that beating yourself up wont help. a lot of people on this forum have regained and lost many times. i was SO mad at myself but then i realized it doesnt really do anything.

think about how far you've come from your high weight!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Life happens. Just get back on plan and learn from the past. The only real mistake is not learning from a mistake.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane View Post
I'm feeling a little discouraged today, though I still made sure to do my work out and I've been staying OP. I saw some pictures of me from early last year where I had gotten almost to my goal and I can't believe I let myself gain almost half of that back. I had to go buy a new pair of jeans today since it is getting colder and just wasn't happy with what I was seeing in the mirror. I realize I will have days like this, where I see how I let myself put back on some weight, but I had to remind myself that I have already lost almost 10 pounds of the weight I have regained, and that I am making progress every day.

I am almost halfway to my goal and I should be proud, but I'm just having a hard time trying to be kind to myself today instead of going back to being hard on myself. I have been on track, not missing a beat since I have been working on keeping a healthy lifestyle again. The scale, my clothes, and my health are starting to see the results.

Sorry for rambling, it was just sad to see how close I was before life went all crazy and then see how close I came to letting myself go. I refuse to let that happen again. This time when I get out of the 220s, it will be for good. This time when I get back into onederland, it will be for good. I swear that to myself today.
Wooooow. Seriously, I could have written this post myself this very day. I have been feeling the EXACT same way for some reason today. I know I've made progress, and I haven't missed a beat either. But today, when I looked in the mirror, I couldn't help but to be disappointed because I remember how I looked when I reached goal too. I didn't like what was staring back. I knew I had to brush it off because I'm consistently pressing forward...but sometimes I just want to be there already. I so feel you!!! And I swear to myself that very thing as well. This feeling will pass. HUGS TO YOU!
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #6  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Thank you guys so much for the encouragment and words of wisdom, it means more than I could say to you. I feel a lot better about things but I was just down in the dumps. I was very happy to weigh in this morning and see that I have reached the 50 lb mark again, and that has done a ton for my morale. I cannot thank y'all enough for the support that I have received, I feel like I finally have people who understand exactly what I am going through!

Thank you times a billion!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 140.5/135/115

Height: 5'3

Hope you feel better! People like you are inspirational as you have lost the weight before so you can do it again! I never have lost a significant amount of weight so I doubt sometimes whether I can ever do it but reading accounts of people who actually lost weight gives me hope.
beariebearie is offline   Reply With Quote