Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Question Heel spurs OUCH!

I have heel spurs in both feet. I get shots in my heels that help quite a bit, and I have started wearing shoes all the time (I hate shoes) Does anyone else have them and what do you do to help them? I forget I have them overnight, then when I stand up out of bed in the morning I almost scream, doing the hobble walk down the hallway.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #2  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

one time, I wore out my left outer side-two different bunions on one foot
I went to see a doctor who molded my foot and bought 3 pairs of special insoles. plus special thick (real cushy bottom, level 3 Thorlo) socks and cushioned shoes... (keen tryons). after a few years, I still use thick hiking socks, orthaheel insoles and cushy shoes. just because I don't want to go back to that place where I couldn't get out of bed without limping. you really need to Baby them until they are completely better and then, take it easy with slow steps.... it took me at least a year of being Super Duper Careful every step of the way.

Last edited by masterptr; 10-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I've had this problem. It's actually plantar fasciitis. It's an inflammation of the connective tissue in the bottom of your foot.

I found ice, stretching and taping by my podiatrist to be very helpful. Also buying good shoes that are feel good when you put them on and rotating my shoes every day or two.

Wikipedia has a good informative page about it.

It took about 6 months for mine to heal up completely. It's a long process! Hang in there.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Ice, PT type exercises and New Balance shoes are what worked for me. If you freeze a water bottle you can roll your foot over it while icing. You can do the same rolling exercise with a tennis ball if you don't need the ice. Ibuprofen can sometimes help, too. Alternate pointing and flexing your feet for about 5 minutes a day. Always wear supportive shoes. Baby them awhile and it will get better. I can't remember the last time I had any issues. I am going to an amusement park on vacation next week...that is usually about the only type of all day walking event that causes a problem for me now.

Last edited by mariposssa; 10-09-2012 at 05:09 PM.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #5  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

An ice pack tip. Good old fashioned, white corn syrup, double bagged in any size zip lock baggie you need, makes a great ice pack. It's cold, but does not freeze solid and stays moldable to what ever you need to ice!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

I use a tee ball (soft baseball) and roll my feet on it and it feels so good but hurts so bad. I hate needles too, but it is worth it for a little relief. I will have to try the frozen corn syrup idea, I would have never thought of that for an ice pack!
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote