Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #1  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Default This time of year is HARD!

Fall baking! Argh!!!

I made caramel apple crisp today, had a serving of it with french vanilla ice cream for dessert...

Also had a slice of pumpkin bread with a teaspoon of peanut butter for a late night snack just now...

Cinnamon vanilla coffee creamer is also taunting me...

I could go on and on! I just got done with TOM and am bounced up a few pounds from my ticker. I need to reign it in before it gets out of control! It's not like I don't know how to eat or what to do (I'm a calorie counter), but the lack of will power is getting me right now!

How are you all doing with the colder weather and the comfort food cravings?
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #2  
Foodie For Life

S/C/G: 192/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

There are so many "skinny" recipes out there right now for fall baking. I'm not sure if we're able to post links to this board? However, there is a website that I've been visiting recently that has a ton of low cal recipes for pumpkin cupcakes, pancakes, scones. The website is Skinny Taste. I've made so many of those recipes and they've all been wonderful and don't taste low cal at all! I just made the pumpkin cupcakes this weekend with my daughter. For weight watchers folks they are only 3 points. Delicious!
NolaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #3  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

rainy, send me a piece of that caramel apple crisp. It sounds dee-lish.

I love to bake and have a hard time keeping myself from eating it all, so I try to get it out of the house as soon as possible. Luckily, my co-workers love to eat!

NolaMama, I'm going to check out that web site. Thanks for the tip.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I dunno, I don't like a lot of wintery baked goods. I'm not a big cinnamon, pumpkin, nutmeg person. The desserts I prefer are year round cakes, cheesecakes, brownies, etc.

However, I do have to watch myself in the winter to not load up on the savory side. In my past fat(ter) life, we'd practically live on baked potato soup. It was cheap to make and thick and gooey. Also, chili can get pretty calorie laden, and pot roasts and all that other winter comfort food. I still try to make those things just modified, more veggie soups, minestrone, chicken n dumplings, pork roast instead of beef no gravy, turkey chili added veggies instead of beef.

IF I bake, I load up any leftover batches and take it down the street to the fire station. My son loves to do that because he can get up close and personal with the big fire engine. Win-win!
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

It really is. I am not a baker but everyone else is, all ends up in the same place if you get what I mean.

Last fall I packed on 5-10 pounds, this fall I am not going to let that happen. I am going on a week long trip to London in just under 4 weeks (!!!) and am decidedly not making my "size 2/UK 6 pants" goal.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #6  

Every time of the year is hard for me! Parties, drinks, delish foods and desserts, etc. I think summer might be the worst b/c there is the least amt of rutine in my life. I'm in Sweden and everyone goes nuts in the summertime.

I feel for ya though- I love everything you mentioned.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

This time of year is a little easier for me. I find that the cold weather foods - stews, soups, chili - are so filling, balanced, and healthy.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #8  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

the baking gets to me too i ADORE baking! and i love seasonal stuff....ive been trying to replace my urge to bake with buying little seasonal things instead that cant be eaten....i bought a little thing for my front door, and some kitchen table decorations, stuff like that....instead of the ingredients to make halloween cupcakes etc...i miss baking but i know myself well enough to know that i can't resist eating it, i have no willpower in that area, and once i start in on the sugars, all hope is lost its just better if i dont even start LOL
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #9  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

I gave up sugar in June and I'm not sure how that's going to work during the holidays but we'll see. I just can't control myself with it so I decided to give it up all together. I wish I was the type of person that could eat a cookie, enjoy it and move on but once I have a taste...I can't stop. All these treats sound delish. Good luck!
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote