Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Does your body ever decide to change it's weight loss day?

All this time, I've been recording my weight loss at the beginning of the week, and now for some reason I'm not really showing losses til the end of the week. I thought it was odd. Has this ever happened to y'all?
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves View Post
All this time, I've been recording my weight loss at the beginning of the week, and now for some reason I'm not really showing losses til the end of the week. I thought it was odd. Has this ever happened to y'all?
Yes it has; which I find to be odd! I saw more weight loss at the end of the week every Friday, but during the week I saw nothing.
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #3  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

this makes perfect sense to me. no matter what day you choose you're going to see loss a few days afterwards.....
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Well, my body has decided to put a complete hold on all losses at this time....indefinitely. I'm not giving up....just hijacking your post for a little vent.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
this makes perfect sense to me. no matter what day you choose you're going to see loss a few days afterwards.....
I'm not sure I'm following you correctly. What I'm saying is my weight loss was showing up on Monday or Tuesday from the previous Monday or Tuesday, and it's now showing up on Thursday or Friday. I'm not showing loses from, say, Monday to Monday, but Friday to Friday, and it's odd to me that it would randomly change like that.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I don't know of any expert who can predict accurately when we will have the next big earthquake.

Likewise predicting when your body is going to shed water weight is not possible.

You can retain less water by keeping your potasium to sodium ratio in a good spot, by staying hydrated, and keeping stress levels low. Finally, being male seems to be effective.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #7  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Finally, being male seems to be effective.
Ya, no fair!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I don't know of any expert who can predict accurately when we will have the next big earthquake.

Likewise predicting when your body is going to shed water weight is not possible.

You can retain less water by keeping your potasium to sodium ratio in a good spot, by staying hydrated, and keeping stress levels low. Finally, being male seems to be effective.
Sodium is always a kicker for me. I have a problem with light/fat free vinaigrette dressings and soy sauce. Calorie counter in me goes, "CHECK THIS SH!T OUT! THERE'S ONLY 10-20 CALORIES A SERVING?! *dumps 4 perfectly measured servings out*" (I usually keep soy sauce to 2 servings, though.) And then my body is like,"HEY DOOFUS, SODIUM IS BAD FOR YOU, LAY OFF!" Soups are kinda bad with sodium too. Sodium is like, everywhere, and it kills me because I like it so much. Ugh!

But I'll get right on that sex change.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #9  
is a persistent thistle

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/133

It doesn't strike me as odd for it to change. It always seemed to me that just when I got a handle on my body's patterns with weight loss they'd change on me. For instance, I saw sort of ridiculously consistent weight loss in the beginning. There was a little bit of noise, but for the most part day to day and week to week my weight steadily lowered. My reality now is that my body loses just one week of my cycle. I don't dare compare week to week anymore or I'd get all kinds of discouraged.

I don't think your body changing patterns is indicative of anything bad. It just is. Make note of it, but don't sweat it.
Thistleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #10  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

I've been stuck between 137 and 140 for the last 3 weeks and this morning, finally it said 136.5.
I don't buy it yet... I'm thinking maybe I was dehydrated this morning.
I'll have to check back in a few days to confirm the weight loss.
body does weird things... for the most part, it behaves well with the eating and exercise but then again, it sometimes does it's own thing and I didn't lose any for the last 3 weeks...
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #11  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

It seems odd to me that you experience a weekly loss at such a regular interval. I lose through out the week, not all at once. It would only make sense to me if you change your habits a couple days before your weekly weigh in because you know it is coming up. That being said all bodies are different and I won't venture to understand when the body releases its weight and why.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

I wish I lost weekly I only lose 2 weeks out of the month but normally it's a good woosh
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #13  

Well, there for a while it was coming off in chunks, and now it's coming off in little bits. Blargh.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #14  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

LOL! ok!

that makes way more sense. i thought you were saying that you weigh less on friday than monday and i was thinking.. well, DUH!

sometimes im a moron.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #15  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

I do my official weigh-in every Sunday morning, but I weigh myself every day -- several times a day. (I'm obsessed).

My weight loss over the past few months seems to follow a pattern. While I consistently lose about 4 pounds per week, on Sunday my weight is usually up a pound or two from the previous couple days. (i.e., by Wed or Thurs of any particular week I am usually down 5 to 6 pounds. But by the weekend it goes back up a couple pounds, leaving me with a net 3 to 4 pound weight loss by Sunday. So, while I consistently lose about 4 pounds per week, I can lose and gain back an additional 2 pounds during that week.

The odd thing is that my weight low-point for the week always seems to be in the middle of the week. I wonder if this is due to eating differently on the weekend, and then watching myself more during the first few days after the weekend. Things that make you go Hmmmm?
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote