Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #1  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Default Elliptical, you are my new best friend.

Anyone else planning to get back in there whole hog?
I am really going all out, starting tomorrow morning. I will make friends with my elliptical and we will be enjoying each other's company at least 4 days a week for an hour. And I will continue eating on plan and add in yoga twice a week, and walks whenever I can. Here goes....I can't pretend anymore that just diet does it for me...sigh.
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #2  

Hi Heather,

Yes, I'm getting back in the game; started about two weeks ago. I too use my eliptical....every single day. Started at 20 minutes for the first few days, have worked up to 30, but am thinking that tomorrow I'll try for 40 minutes. Eating plan has been going wonderfully so far. Not sure "why", but for whatever reason the motivation seems to be overflowing out of me! I think I've just reached a point where I've realized that if I don't get it under control now, I could very well be terribly overweight and unhealthy in the not too distant future.

Good luck to you!!
Karen54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Count me in. I have a beautiful elliptical that is collecting dust right now and my eating has gone to pot lately. My pants are a little tight and they are getting uncomfortable. What is wrong with me? Anyway, yes, I will commit to 30 minutes on the elliptical Mon, Wed, Fri and one day on the weekend (I have an aerobics class on Tues & Thurs). Totally doable.
Wisertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/205/145

Height: 5'3"

I LOVE my elliptical. A year ago, maybe not. But almost 5 weeks now and I use it every morning for 60 mins AT LEAST. If I go longer, Ya me! I started by telling myself "no breakfast until your workout is done!". Also I HAVE to watch something really good for the whole hour.

Music only works when I use the treadmill. So it has to be a good hour tv show or even a movie, sometimes I watch part of the movie and DVR the movie to watch the other half the next day.

It was very hard for me to build this "relationship" with my machine. I bought the thing in 2009, then I got pregnant, so there it sat. And since I had a c-sec, it sat for quite a while.

In fact it wasn't until 2010 that I tried to get an exercise routine. But I failed. I gave up because I complained, it was either too hot or too boring.

Kudos to those who can do it the first try! Really I do enjoy my workouts now. I especially like to see my scale go down, so that helps!
dawnrnay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathermichigan View Post
Anyone else planning to get back in there whole hog?
I am really going all out, starting tomorrow morning. I will make friends with my elliptical and we will be enjoying each other's company at least 4 days a week for an hour. And I will continue eating on plan and add in yoga twice a week, and walks whenever I can. Here goes....I can't pretend anymore that just diet does it for me...sigh.
I Love the Elliptical, I Lost all my weight on that bad boy!" I do 2 hours on it a day! Lose 2 pounds every week! Can't go wrong with it!

Last edited by Fatness; 10-08-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 308 / See ticker / 200

Height: 5'4"

This is what I use daily but I seem to be only able to do it for 25 minutes without feeling like Im sweating buckets and just wanting to stop! I know theres probably not a "Best" cardio machine but how does this rate up there with Bikes... treadmills.. and so on? When I do it for a few weeks even at 20 mins a day I notice my butt looks awesome!
Saracandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #7  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

An hour? Holy crap, I get so bored of exercises that I have to do something different all the time or I just give up.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #8  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

When I went from 283 to 203 last year, it was an hour every day on the elliptical and 1500 carb-controlled calories. This time around, losing from my personal crap regain (got to 234!) I haven't exercised. I lost the first week and a half, but now I'm stagnant or gaining, so I need to face the music. And you DEFINITELY have to watch something fun!! And I find it easier than riding a exercise bike and it burns a ton more calories than walking on a treadmill (I do not run unless being chased, so I wouldn't know about that LOL) So now I'm committing to an hour 4 days a week, hoping to work up to 5 (or even 6 or 7!!) again, but it wasn't really doable long term trying to see other people socially and with me working fulltime.

Last edited by heathermichigan; 10-08-2012 at 08:02 AM.
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #9  
Battling pcos daily

S/C/G: 235/195/135

Height: 5'5"

I love love love the elliptical!! I use the precor at the YMCA and I find that I burn a TON more calories on the elliptical than on the stair master, treadmill, bike, and rowing machine. I can burn 100 cal every 9 minutes on the elliptical and it takes me double that to burn 100 cal on any of the other machines. I don't necessarily do a certain amount of time, rather, I go by calories burned. I always aim to burn minimally 600-700 calories.... So however long that takes is how long I'm on the machine. I try to go at least 4-5 days a week, and the other days I swim laps for about 25-30 minutes... Sometimes I walk, sometimes I do other machines to change things up. I'm partial to the elliptical though simply because I can burn so many calories in a short period of time. I go all out on that thing... On the precor you can change the resistance as well as the crossramp height. So you can target specific muscle groups in your legs/butt :-) yay!!
Clmiller0782 is offline   Reply With Quote