Old 10-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default My Rube Goldburg Machine morning...

I set my alarm early because I can not handle my smart mouthed 13 year old sons comments that he can't help but pop off with if he sees me exercising (or well pretty much anything). So this is how my morning went....

My alarm goes off.

Because the alarm went off, the cat started asking to go out. (he thinks he is a dog and goes out to potty)

Because the cat started meowing hubby said letting the cat out would wake up the dogs.

Because the dogs were woken up they would have to go out to the field.

Because they went to the fiel, they would come in cold.

Because they came in cold they would jump into the closest kids bed they could find.

Because they would jump into closest kid bed, they would wake up said kid.

Because they would wake up said kid, I would get harrassed while I worked out.

So I turned off my alarm and went back to sleep.

Wishing now I had a Rube Goldburg machine that would smack my oldest upside the head or duck tape his mouth shut or one of the other things I wish I could do and not have CPS knocking on my door...lol

Heading downstairs to walk on the treadmill I think, then gonna get the family to go for a walk or play Wii bowling today.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #2  

Just wanted to post an update. I decided to bring all kinds of goodies to the basement where we have a family room with a treadmill. I brought my normal workout DVD and my laptop (not sure the DVD player down here works). But decided instead to dust off the treadmill, find something on TV and walk. I walked for an hour at an average of 2.5mph.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Is it amazing how clearly the mind can work when convincing you to pull the covers back over your head?
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #4  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Not exactly on-topic, but I hate reading that a smart-mouthed teenager is keeping you from working out. Coming from a former smart-mouthed teenager (whoo-ee, I was a bad one!), sounds like he could use some privileges taken away (cell phone, video games, TV time, friends...) for every critical word that comes outta his mouth. Losing weight is hard enough without having a critic!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenicra View Post
Not exactly on-topic, but I hate reading that a smart-mouthed teenager is keeping you from working out. Coming from a former smart-mouthed teenager (whoo-ee, I was a bad one!), sounds like he could use some privileges taken away (cell phone, video games, TV time, friends...) for every critical word that comes outta his mouth. Losing weight is hard enough without having a critic!
I totally agree. We don't allow the kids to have cell phones and well compliments of his attitude he has no video games right now. We live in the middle of nowhere so most of the time his only friend time is at school.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryesings View Post
Is it amazing how clearly the mind can work when convincing you to pull the covers back over your head?
Yes yes it is. I do enjoy sleeping in once in a while. I'm usually up with hubby at 4am, I had my alarm set for 5:30 and ended up sleeping till 7. Considering I have really been struggling with sleeping lately the extra sleep was probably needed as much as working out.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #7  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

You do what you can, right? Here's hoping he grows out of it quickly! And good for you for keeping it up!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote