Old 10-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #28

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Oh it is chilly in here today in the high 40ºs as I type and I don’t have the ceiling fan going for the first time in months. And of all things we have a “freeze watch” for the coming weekend. I believe summer may finally be over.

I didn’t go to the park where Will has a table set up and showing how to do leather work. He said that about 200 kids have passed through the displays this morning. The grade schools are giving this as a ‘field trip’ which is nice for they learn local history and have some hands on things to do. He was on local TV at the start of this today doing the opening ceremony invocation. The chief of police approached him and asked him to be the department’s chaplain. He has done that before in a different state. Since working with ‘first call’ he already knows all the dispatchers. They call him when someone needs some assistance with lodging and food for the night. He just came in during a break and brought me a mug that has the 2012 occasion on it celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Octoberfest ~ it is a Volga German Society thing. Lots of German folks came here and farmed years and years ago. He also brought me a spoon made in Russia that is wooden and painted with an intricate design in the bowl of it and down the handle. Very pretty. I don’t think I will be using it with any food products for the paint may be toxic. I am not a spoon collector but this one caught his eye and thought I would like it.

I need to figure out what it is that I will be fixing for dinner this day and get the meat out of the freezer. It can be an oven dinner since it will be nice to heat up the kitchen. Some kind of casserole that is program friendly. Comfort food. I have one of the WW cookbooks titled Comfort Classics that has 250 of the good favorite home style recipes in it. I am thinking strongly on making a yummy recipe called “Bacon, Tomato, & Cheddar Frittata” which is 5P+ a serving. The recipe serves 4 and the leftovers are a good do again. It uses Canadian bacon. I have gone through the book and updated the points values. It was one of the “Momentum” series books and now it is updated.

My order just came that has the 3 fridge containers for liquids and the glass keeps the milk so much colder than those plastic jugs you buy it in. I love my milk COLD and my coffee HOT. The tall green glass measure I got is 6 sided, 9½ inches tall, 4 inches across the top and 1¾ inches across the bottom. On each of the sides is in raised letters of what it is to measure ~sugar, flour, rice, fluid ounce, cups, & ml. I plan on using it for my glass straw holder but if I want to use it otherwise I can always take the straws out. It would also make a lovely vase for some cut flowers. I am happy with it.

It’s ing ~ YEAH. Hope it is a soaker and not just passing through.

I may have to take the rings off my pinkie fingers because they are so loose now that if I am not careful they can slip right off easily. Before they were nice and snug. When I get to goal I am going to have to take all my rings in to be re-sized.

Have a great day Magnolias.

Last edited by Maggie; 10-05-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking Saturday ~ Chilly This Day

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is chilly today and our furnace makes the house stink. Yep ~ all that dust that got in it over the summer had to come out and make me sneeze. We are expecting what they are calling a “hard freeze” in the morning. Now that is cold.

This is my day 8 for wearing my “active link” so I guess tomorrow I will get the stats. I just have the feeling it is going to tell me to bump up my exercise.

It is half past noon and I still do not have any ambition to do anything constructive. I am sitting here ~ have read my e-mails and looked at the news and don’t want to do a thing. It is after all Saturday and Will is down at the mall selling raffle tickets for a long gun for the drawing that the museum is sponsoring. I have two tickets that Will bought for me and one of them is surely the winner. I have won a lot of things during my lifetime and wonder if I will win this. That is doubtful for they have sold lots of tickets ~ but someone will win. Any money over and above the cost of the gun will go to the museum.

I do need to figure out what to cook for dinner though, and get some meat out of the freezer. I do have the makings for a nice tossed salad. So that is a start. Will asked if we have any chicken noodle soup in the freezer so I will give that a look see. If not I will make a big pot of that next week. It is so good on these chilly days. However, I can find something in there of even a left over nature to fix for dinner. Maybe some meat loaf is lurking in there. I will know when I go out there and take a look. I need to inventory what is in that freezer once again. I like to type up a list of what is in that one and post it on the front with magnets. I then cross off what I have taken out ~ but I haven’t updated that list in awhile. In the other freezer it is easy to see what meat is in there for I have it separated by shelves with like kind on each shelf. I try to keep the top shelf empty on one end to use to freeze meat that I have just bagged. When it is frozen then it is placed with it’s like kind. I prefer to buy the spicy hot Italian sausage in links but what we have been getting out of the “used meat bin” is the mild kind. It is easier to spice something up than it is to take the spice out for sure.

I need to go out to the kitchen now and see what I can get for lunch. It is half past one already and I have been just doddering around.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #3  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It was 27 degrees when I went downstairs this morning. It cloudy and windy outside -- gloomy. My "mom" always calls at 7:30 on Saturday mornings and this morning she was late. The last time that happened she was in the hospital so I was trying to decide whether to call her daughter or a neighbor. She finally called about 8 and had gone to her daughter's house for a few days without telling me. I waited impatiently for the contractor to come back and when he did took my bars to church, hit the Catholic Church bazaar which is always a biggy, and ran some errands.

Maggie -- You can keep your cold weather, but share the rain! I hope you win something useful or "just what you've always wanted!" I've only won a couple times and rarely put my name in for any drawing. I never buy lottery tickets either. I have a roast in the crockpot and the house smells hmm, hmm, good!

I need to change laundry loads so better get a move on. Ernie's little brother is camped out on the deck; the sun has come out. Have a super duper Saturday!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #4  

Good afternoon girls. It is chilly and rainy here today. Jack watched the Boise State game today and they were in Hattiesburg, MS and it was 100 degrees there. They are about an hour north of the gulf so that may be why it was so warm there.

If you want to see more pictures of the trip, go to my facebook page and I have an album set up called 2012 Caribbean Cruise and it has about 50 photos in it. Took me about 2 hours to weed through what I wanted and what I didn't and deleted duplicates and such. I signed Jack up for a shutterfly account and he gets 50 free 4x6 photos so it will take up a great deal of our vacation photos. I think we have about 80 in total. The ship's photo gallery had a beautiful cruise scrapbook, 5 free ship photos and a packet of 120 pieces for the cruise scrapbook for $50 so we bought it to do our cruise scrapbook. So, I have to get on the stick and order the prints and order some of the professional photos for the kids.

Maggie: They had bingo on the ship, but Jack thought $6 a card was too expensive so we didn't buy in. I have only played once as far as an organized game so wouldn't be very good at it, but they had several games everyday and you could win a cruise, $100,000, and several other prizes that were pretty awesome. I am trying not to run the furnace until we absolutely have to. Jay called my on my birthday (we were out to sea on our way home) and a girlfriend texted me happy birthday twice. I went to our ATT account and the phone call and texts is costing me $175!!!! I couldn't believe it. I knew Jay's call was going to cost me, but I couldn't not answer my phone when he called as I knew why he was calling.

Jean: Glad your mom is a-okay and nothing serious. It is always scary when you expect contact and it doesn't come. Roast always makes the house smell so yummy. We are having chicken fried steak and mash potatoes and corn for dinner tonight. I too had a load of laundry today mostly underwear and towels and a couple of Jack's work tshirts.

I guess I should go. I need to work on that sock. I get bored with it, but I have to get it done. Have a good weekend. Tomorrow is commissary day. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Talking Back To Yack

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is still chilly here in this corner of the world. Well Magnolias I got some stroganoff out of the freezer and will serve it over rice instead of noodles for dinner this day. Along with a tossed salad it will make a good chilly day meal. Will got back and said they sold quite a few raffle tickets ~ enough to cover the cost of the rifle plus some for the museum. Lots of folks in this town do donate to the museum and with having this raffle more folks are donating ~ they can sure use the money for upkeep and such. Will is a volunteer so he doesn't cost them anything.

JEAN It is scary when you think someone is home and they don’t answer their phone. Glad you found her safe with her daughter. Did you buy anything at that bazaar? I know some folks like to do some Christmas shopping at those types of functions. Aw ~ come on and let me share our weather ~ my mother always said it was a good thing to share. We don’t play the lottery either and only buy raffle tickets when the money goes to a good cause. I do believe that crock potting a roast gives out the very best of aromas than anything else. At least it is one of my favorite odors to smell. I sure hope they don’t make a candle to smell like that though. If I lit it I would be salivating all the time it was burning.

DONNA FAYE It is so nice to have so many nice photos that reflect your good times. A memory bouquet for you to enjoy for years to come. We don’t play bingo or games for money either. I don’t believe in throwing $ down a rat hole. They sure did rip you with phone charges while on the cruise. Shore to ship is way too expensive for my wallet. Otherwise though your cruise was a wonderful experience.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #6  

Good morning to you all. It rained on an off all evening and it is quite chilly this morning, in the 40's, but though cool in the house, not cold enough to crank up the furnace yet.

We have commissary shopping to do today and it is going to be a corker since I am buying groceries for 3 weeks. I couldn't see going out there this weekend and then next weekend again, which is payday. I will just stock up. I keep seeing or remembering things we need though so my list keeps getting bigger and bigger. I type out our grocery list then it is easier to see. I also group stuff according to where it is in the store and pray they don't move something.

I got all my beads to finish my pink bracelet up and they sent me an email saying they were having a big sale. All the murano glass beads were $2 apiece and the whole store was buy one, get one free so I bought beads, spacers and locks enough for a whole new bracelet. I am making it for my best friend for her birthday next May. When they have a sale on their bracelets, I will get the bracelet then put it together. Some of the beads wer $20 apiece so I saved a huge amount of money over it would have cost if I had bought them all straight retail price.

I spent about two hours yesterday going through all our photos, deleting those that weren't good, duplicates, etc. Then like I said, I put them in an album on my facebook page so people could see them. I am going to order the professional shots for the kids and the 4x6 photos next week sometime so I can get in on the 50 free photos that shutterfly offered. We will then be able to start the scrapbook.

Maggie: I haven't decided what I am going to have for dinner tonight. We had the chicken fried steak last night. I took them out of the pain and Jack said, "You make the best chicken fried steak." I told him it wasn't likely, but not bad considering they are browned and not deep fried and I used egg beaters and ff milk instead of regular milk and eggs for the batter and use Pam instead of a bunch of oil. I do make him milk gravy for the steak though. This was one of those dishes I had never even heard of less cooked until way after we were married. One of the couples who sat with us at dinner, in fact sat beside me live in Kansas City. She and I made fast friends and it was a pure pleasure sitting down every evening to dinner with them. She and her husband are originally from Juarez, Mexico, but have been in the states for decades. She promised she would ship me tamales from this place she gets hers, which I thought was so sweet. We would even try each others food.

Well, hear Jack up moving around so better get the day started. Have a lovely Sunday all. Faye
Old 10-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Talking Sunday ~ Chilly This Day

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is currently 50ºs and not expected to top out at 53ºs this chilly Sunday. We had pot luck today and I ate sensibly. I put a roast in the crock pot this morning before we went to church and it is 3 o’clock now and it is fork tender. I plan on making burritos out of it when it cools off some. It sure smelled up the house nicely. I don’t have much planned to do this afternoon but doing some recreational reading after I get the burritos made. I don’t want to get into doing any glass this day.

This is my 8th day so my Active Link will actually start tomorrow in tracking what exercise I choose to do. This is my 8th day of wearing it so now I am ready to begin as a “beginner.” Tomorrow it will start recording my walking, etc. I plan on meeting the challenge the program has set for me for the week. How fitting that tomorrow starts my exercise being recorded and the WW weight loss 8 week challenge starts the same day.

JEAN Didn't I read where you were crock-potting a roast? Do you make burritos out of it when you have left-overs? I plan on shredding the whole thing and making burritos out of all of it this go-round. I imagine it is still chilly there as it is here.

DONNA FAYE Did you get all the items you were after at the Commisary? The stores around here are all sold out of chicken broth and soda crackers ~ go figure. A cold snap and folks hit the isles. The stores will be getting more in tomorrow though and stock lots of broth for it is getting closer to Thanksgiving time. We bought a case of it around this time last year and have just a few cans left. When they restock we will probably get anohter case. I like having it on hand for I use it in lots of my cooking in place of fat. Homemade tamales are the best. I learned how to make them when I lived out in CA from some dear Mexican friends. We made lots different kinds of them around Christmas time. I have a real yummy recipe for them that are 2P+ each and can be made with beef or pork. I plan on making some this Christmas holiday time for a Christmas Eve luncheon.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #8  

Good Evening, Flowers! We went to church this morning but otherwise it's been a lazy putzing around the house kind of day. It was 23 degrees when I came downstairs this morning. Bob covered my flowers but the ones on the deck froze anyway. The birdbath even had some ice in it.

Maggie -- My "mom" has the life alert bracelet, and she used it when she fell and broke her hip. I was just relieved she was ok. She is getting ready to move into assisted living close to her daughter. Her house, that she has lived in her whole married life, just sold. She has attended the same church and had the same circle of friends for many, many years. I know moving is making her very nervous; I'm sure she will make the adjustment just fine. I need a small gift for a Christmas exchange and bought a set of quilted Christmas coasters. There is a gal who quilts designs on sweatshirts and I found one I liked. It's red with a black, white, and red quilted design. The bazaar had everything and anything you could possibly want or need. I thought there was a lot more jewelry and purses this year. No, I didn't make burritos out of the roast. We have potatoes, gravy, and carrots the first time. Usually I will make hash, and Bob likes hot beef sandwiches if there is enough gravy.

"Gma" -- I used to be able to write my grocery list the way the store was laid out but not anymore. It seems like both grocery stores rearrange things every few weeks. If Bob stops for milk he complains that it is way in the back of the store, so he's on a hike. I will definitely look at your trip pictures on FB. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the phone charges but feel bad for you just the same.

I need to unload the dishwasher, pick up the Sunday papers, and hide my yarn from Ernie before I head upstairs. I just chased the raccoon off the deck. He thought he was going to dine on cat food I left out for Ernie's little brother. Wrong! See you tomorrow.

Last edited by Jean; 10-07-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #9  

Good morning to you all. I forgot to take my meds yesterday until really late in the day so I was up every two hours going to the bathroom from the bp diuretic I take. So, I am really pooped today. I have started a load of dishes, done a load of clothes that is in the dryer, washed my hair because it felt yucky to me this morning and swept off deck and put down new puppy pads. I still have downstairs dusting and vacuuming to do today and will be on track to do weekly cleaning again.

The commissary was all quiet when we walked in right on the dot of 10, but halfway through the store was packed and we had to stand in line to check out because they had one regular checker and two express lanes open. The woman that is the head of the commissary is clueless running the place I swear. Poor Jack had to drag in a bazillion bags of groceries and I had a lovely time putting it all away! We are now set until the end of the month except for maybe a loaf of bread or something.

I got an email from the manager for the hotel and he still maintains they have no mold or mildew. He is deluded. He is giving us our money back, but we will never stay there again, ever and I stand by my trip advisor review. They have mildew in that hotel. He tried to tell me the dehumidfier in the hallway was because they have an indoor pool and the fans are special fans that emit fragrance. We stay in hotels with indoor pools all the time and I have never seen a dehumidifier anywhere in the public or private areas. Ahh well, I just hope people consider not staying there as they could get sick since they refuse to acknowledge they have a problem. Even Jack smelled it and he never smells anything unless it is really strong.

Maggie: I buy ff or 99% ff beef and chicken broth and low sodium if the commissary has it. I, like you always have it on hand as I use it in a variety of ways including making gravy from it or sauce, I use it in my spanish rice, etc, etc. I watch "The Pioneer Woman" cooking show and I watched it early yesterday morning and she added stuff to her canned enchilada sauce to thicken it up. She made a butter and oil roue then added chicken broth and thickened it then added the canned enchilada sauce. I have never done that when I make enchiladas. I just use two medium and 1 mild cans. My dil makes batches of tamales a couple times of year. I just need to ask her when she makes them to freeze some and save them or ship them to me.

Jean: You do know why they put milk in the very back. The idea is that milk is purchased more than any other item except bread and by putting it in the back of the store, people have to walk past other items and they are likely to pick up other things thus spending more money. In Memphis, the beer cases are put up front and always by the snack foods so the boozers will get lots of beer and snacks all together. Our stores have the pizza, wings, and stull like that next to the beer cases too. I read an article about setting up a grocery store a couple years ago and it is this big scientific thing. I guess I should warn Jay as I don't know if he will get charged a whopping amount too or not.

Well back to knitting on that darn sock. I only have about a week to finish it. Have a great start to the week. Faye
Old 10-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Monday ~ Weigh Day

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a tad warmer this day up in the high 60ºs area. I sure like it better than those high numbers we got through spring and summer.

I weighed on my “Health-0-Meter” this morning and am down a pound on it so I should be down at WW this evening. Onward and downward. I need to get in my exercise today and bump it up a bit.

I just had a very yummy lunch which consisted of a nice big ripe tomato seeded and chopped up over some cottage cheese with spices sprinkled over the top and drank a small can of hot V-8 with it. For snack this day I will have a beautiful peach from CA cut up with some almond extract over it. Peaches are so good that way and the ones that aren’t very sweet get a sprinkle of Splenda® over them.

I grew up eating these nice peaches and these are a taste of home ~ just like my grandpa used to grow. When he would prune the trees my sister and I would make clothes out of the leaves. He was a smoker way back then and we would find lots of wooden match sticks to hold the leaves together to make the clothes. What fun we did have playing dress up with peach leaves. We were stilin’. He had his water in a cistern which was built high and when it got hot in the summer he would cause it to overflow and we would play in the water fall.

DONNA FAYE That would be great if your DIL would send you some home made tamales. Home made are the best. Have you ever tired making them? It isn't really hard after you get all the items all rounded up on your work station. I think it rather odd that they would refund your money if they weren't guilty of having the mold. I took a marketing class in collage and placement of items in stores is an art to get folks to buy things they didn't come in to purchase. You are correct for location, location is the key.

JEAN I do hope "mom" does adjust well. Does her daughter live far away from where her friends are. We usely eat a roast like you do but once in awhile I crock pot one just for buritos. Will loves buritos so much I like to have some on hand in the freezer for him ~ he likes to warm up a frozen one and dump some chili over it and some shredded cheese. We too like sandwiches out of the leftover roast. We also like to make panini's out of it with a slice of low fat cheddar and pesto sauce along with some soup makes a good meal. Aw, there are so many things one can do with left over roast meat.

Last edited by Maggie; 10-08-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #11  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a cool breezy day in my corner of the world today. We balanced the first time we counted at church this morning. It's a good thing because there was NO heat in the office and it was cold in there! I also balanced the gift shop money on my first try so have the deposit ready to go. I left our rings and a watch needing a new battery, at the jewelry store, on my way home this morning so have to pick those up later this afternoon. A lady from our church is due to come home from the Sioux City hospital today. Her husband turns 80 today and they had flowers on the altar at church yesterday. I plan to take them to her so she can enjoy them.

"Gma" -- I've been known to skip the water pill if we're flying or going to be where I don't know where bathrooms will be. I hate getting up during the night! I woke up about 1:30 last night and I was cold. I did put an extra blanket on a few days ago, but took a fleece blanket and stuck it inside the sheets. I snuggled in and slept good after that. This morning Bob mentioned maybe it was time to put the flannel sheets on the bed. He was cold last night too. I wonder how many other people could smell the hotel mold. Are there lots of reviews on that hotel? I know that WW says to shop the outside perimeter of a grocery store. Our one store has pop, candy, and snacks on one outside wall, right after the dairy cases. I try to shop as fast as I can because it's my least favorite chore to do.

Maggie -- You posted while I was typing. on losing another pound! I hope the WW scale agrees with your scale. Actually, my stepsister lives about an hour from us, and my stepmom will be an hour and a half closer to us when she moves. She'll be about 15/20 minutes from her daughter and an hour and a half from where she lives now.

I need to run my errands and get back home. Bob has practice at church and then a meeting so won't see him for a few hours. I can work on Beth's afghan while I wait for him. Enjoy the rest of you day!

Last edited by Jean; 10-08-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking Back To Yack

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

I am a happy camper for I did show a loss at WW bringing my total loss to 81.6. I have lots more to lose so I am going to have another good week on my program. We went out to I-Hop afterwards and I ate a sensible meal asking for beaters instead of the eggs and biscuits instead of pancakes and only ate half of one of the biscuits. I am planning to write what I bite before I bite it this week. I used to do that all the time and got out of doing that good habit. I always lose better when I do write it before hand. This week for the WW Countdown to Thanksgiving Challenge we are to be with “friends without food” finding opportunities to socialize without food.

JEAN Maybe you will get to see your "mom" more now that she is moving closer. I am sure she would love a visit from you. We have been invited to have thanksgiving with friends in Texas and plan on going ~ providing it isn't too late to schedule the pets to be taken care of at the docs. Will is going to go by the vet tomorrow and then we will know for sure if we do get to go to Texas. Hopefully they aren't all scheduled up with animals for the time we need them to be boarded.

Last edited by Maggie; 10-08-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone. It is cool but clear here this morning. I think it is supposed to get into the low 70's which is ok with me. I have a lot of work I want to get done today so will enjoy the house being a bit cooler.

Susan: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a lovely birthday today. I can easily remember yours because Jack's birthday is tomorrow and my grandfather's would have been yesterday. Have a really great day with your friends!!!!

Maggie: Congrats on your loss. I know you really want to do well now so keep up the good work.

Jean: I looked at trip advisor yesterday and someone posted who stayed Oct 2 and said they did what we did and reserved coming and going but because of the musty smell she canceled the second reservation. I sent a message to her thanking her for bringing it up because he emailed me denying they had any problem at all. I hope people continue to complain about the smell. Sounds like you had another busy day yesterday. You do keep yourself busy for sure.

I am coming along on Jay's other sock. I am almost to the heel now so I want to really get it finished and washed and blocked. I can then go on to other sock presents. I haven't even would the hank of the boy's sock yarn yet. I prefer skeins, but the more expensive yarns always seem to be wound in hanks and for me it takes two people as I can't see paying $75 for one of the thingys you attach to a table to wind a hank. I use my husband's two hands old school!

I got a great email from the lady that sat next to me on the ship at dinner. It is just too bad we don't live closer to each other, but maybe we can visit each other from time to time or go on a cruise at the same time again. She told me yesterday she's never connected with anyone on a cruise like she did with me, which was nice to hear. We sure did have fun and laughed a whole lot. She also has diverticulitis so we commisserated over that. She is determined to mail me tamales!

Well girls, I want to get an early start today and get things done. Have a nice day today all of you. Faye

Last edited by gma22; 10-09-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #14  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a cloudy, windy, gloomy morning so far. I don't think it is supposed to be very warm, maybe in the 50s. I have a couple errands to run and thought I would stop in the shoe store and see what they have for just casual shoes. I bought some a year or two ago and they are not comfortable so I never wear them.

Susan -- to you! I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy every minute of it!

Maggie -- Again, on your great loss! You have figured out what works for you and that's great! I hope you get to go to Texas for Thanksgiving!

"Gma" -- I hope people continue to post their comments about the hotel. Maybe they will eventually have to completely gut the place in order to get rid of the mold. I couldn't get my skein of yarn to start from the inside so am using it from the outside. I just put it in the plastic box and pull a hunk out as I go. Ernie thinks he needs to help so I can get more done after he goes to bed. However, by then I am tired and it's hard to concentrate. It's nice you made a friend on the ship that you can keep in touch with.

I'm off to get dressed and get going. Have a terrific Tuesday and enjoy!

Last edited by Jean; 10-09-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is going to be a nice day here in the ♥-Land and I am so thankful for it. It is currently in the high 40ºs and they say it will hit 60ºs by afternoon. I have an attitude if I can’t fix something I refuse to worry about it. However, I can fix the fix I am in so I am determined to keep on down this road to thin. I love the cooler weather for that induces me to eat more soup. I really like soup and do have some program friendly recipes. Time has come again for me to make a nice big pot of my “peal a pound” soup. Zero points+ with lots of yummy veggies in it. When I want some protein added I throw in a few one point+ each meat balls. When I add anything extra to a bowl of it I do count the points. When I feel like having a more creamy soup I put it in the blender and whirl it about. Works for me. Like I said, I do need to make a big pot of it soon ~ like maybe today. I can cook it overnight in the crock pot or on top of the stove 1-3 hours. If anyone doesn’t have this recipe and wants it let me know and I’ll send it your way.

Yipekio ~ the vet can board the animals next month on the days we are going to Texas for Thanksgiving. Poor Cecil ~ because they won’t let the cats in with the dogs. I hope he isn’t too awfully traumatized for he will surely miss his pals.

Will has now gone to get a haircut ~ AKA:head shaved ~ and then he will do some grocery shopping from the list I provided that has the ingredients for that soup I talked about above ~ so I will be making a pot of it this afternoon and have some for dinner.

DONNA FAYE That is great that you have made a good friendship while on the cruise. How nice of her to ship home-made tamales to you. Will is checking the market for dry corn husks for me today. I need to find a source for them before I get ready to make mine in December. I will crock pot the meat ahead of time and get it shredded. I am thinking of doing both pork and beef ones and gifting some of them at Christmas.

JEAN Isn’t it a good feeling to get things to balance on the first go through. Sure saves on aggravation. Sorry to hear your shoes that you purched last year didn't work for you. Hopefully you can find a pair that are good looking and comfortable this time. Excuse me Cecil just came in for some scratching behind his ears. He is so sometimey.

SUSAN and may you have many more to . Do you have anything special planned to do for your day that is out of the ordinary? I love birthdays .

Last edited by Maggie; 10-09-2012 at 12:11 PM.