Old 09-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #1  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default Fall into October with the Worldly Chicks

GET ON THE BAND WAGON AND LET'S GO FOR A WORLDLY RIDE!!
FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT AND DON'T FALL OFF!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-30-2012 at 12:38 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #2  
Happy September

ANNIE SAID:

HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY, CURTIS ALLEN....the love of my life!!

Party day...meatballs, lil weenies (not Sassy), potato salad, cheeseball, salsa, angeled eggs, rice crispy treats, ham cream cheese roll ups, fruit salad german chocolate cake..cleaned house, set up the screen room, ran errands, lunch with sissy and lil man, cut grass, finished laundry, bathed Sass, ...was a busy day cooking, cleaning and work. Hope everyone has a great time!!

Be back tomorrow with the report.

Love and hugs

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-30-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #3  
Happy September

CEEJAY SAID:

Morning

Ellen
Don't know how you keep things going. You exhaust me just reading about them.

Shad
Safe travels.

Can you believe that october is upon us. From the radar we may get some rain. The cloud is following the mighty Mississippi so may it will get some of the rain. That river is the lowest I've seen in a while,, since 1980.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #4  
Happy September

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
CURTIS!!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy Birthday Curtis.

Mel is stretching the date to October. You guys must still be on Sunday - 30th September.

Not much to report here. Done little but sleep. Will update tonight
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #6  

Quick hello. Yesterday after breakfast w my gf's and a couple stops, got home & had a great chat on the phone w Happy. As I suspected, she's been busier than she expected. All's well w her mom's health, but there've been a couple snafus around the house to attend to. Such a dedicated employee Happy is, she's planning to head back home a day earlier, plus she's bringing her mom back up for a visit! I think that's so great, but unfortunately, it sure doesn't leave time for a meetup. But it was great having a long conversation & hopefully another oppty to meet up will present itself in the future.

Typing on the phone is a PITA, so i'll post before I goof something up!! Good evening ladies.

Last edited by Laura705; 09-30-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #7  

Hello Ladies,

I will have to go back to Sept post to see what all is going on with everyone.

Laura & Mitchellez - I will be going to IL for a training class. I will be in Schumburg IL. I fly into Ohare on sunday Oct. 14th afternoon flight, and off on monday the 15th... my training is the 16 and 17th, fly back home on 17th evening. I don't know how close you all are, but if available would love to meet up.

Annie - Tell Curtis Happy Belated Birthday! I'm sure he had a wonderful day.

Hello to all the others... I will go back and read Sept post to catch up.
Can you believe It's OCTOBER... only 3 months to Christmas... Yikes..
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Aaah sweet mysteries of life.

First day at work down and I did practically less than nothing. BORING. The tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday I get to go on induction courses. Lucky me. Hope I don't snore too loud.
Came home, got changed into cool and comfortable (read no bra, pyjamas) and the fire alarm went off. So I had to get dressed again. Then this little tinny voice comes over the public address system and says that to stay put and all will be revealed in a very short time. One hour later, the fireman pack up and go away and the voice states it's all over and you can relax. Followed closely by the fire alarm AGAIN. Anyway, we aren't burnt down and I sat on the balcony and looked down at the talent for MEL as the fire truck was right below my room. I'm pleased to report that not many of that lot would have raised your blood presssure my friend.

Anyway, I'm done. How I can be so tired when I have done nothing, I don't know. Then I need to get sorted on the next fortnight trip. I'll be back tomorrow.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #9  
Happy September

Autumn in New York

GOOD MORNING LADIES OF THE OCTOBER MONTH.
I WAS SUPPOSED TO WORK TODAY SO I MADE THE NEW THREAD.
BUT THE BOSS DECIDED TO TAKE OFF TO ATLANTIC CITY.
HOPE SHE WINS BIG DOWN THERE!!! $$$$$$$
LAST NIGHT THE TCM CHANNEL HAD 3 GOOD B&W HITS.
THE MUMMY, CHARLIE CHAN IN EGYPT & I FORGET THE LAST ONE.
SO I SET THE VCR. LOOKING FORWARD TO A MONTH OF OLD SCARY FLICKS.
NOTHING NEW. NO ALARMS. GOOD NITE'S SLEEP.
HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE.

CEEJAY....HOPE THE MIGHTY MISSISSIPPI RIVER GETS HER FILL!
BUT NOT TOO MUCH SO IT OVERFLOWS!!!
HOPE YOUR HEAD FEELS BETTER.
AND NO....I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS OCTOBER.

ANNIE....THE BD PARTY SOUNDED WONDERFUL FOODWISE!!
OMG...WISH I WAS THERE. YOU PROBABLY COOKED FOR AN ARMY!!
I HOPE CURTIS HAD A WONDERFUL TIME

LAURA.....THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE UPDATE ABOUT HAPPY & HER MOM.
I HAVE BEEN HOPING EVERYTHING WAS ALRIGHT WITH MOM
NICE GOING OUT WITH THE GIRLS FOR BREKKIE!! YUM!
IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU & HAPPY COULD HOOK UP IN THE FUTURE.

SHAD......DID YOU FALL ASLEEP AND SNORE TOO LOUDLY???
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT 2 FIRE ALARMS! I AM JEALOUS!
ALL THOSE FIREMEN AND NOT ONE GOOD LOOKING ONE??
THAT'S VERY SAD. MAYBE IT'S THEIR SUITS THAT GET ME
AS FOR YOU... IT'S THE FLYING & ALL THAT WORK AT HOME TIRED YOU OUT!!!
YOU PROBABLY NEED A VACATION
Old 10-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #10  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Monday Morning Everyone!!

The BD party was a HUGE success....all OUR kids showed up (his and mine), my dad, his parents, two of my brothers and a couple of my grown nephews, his sister...only my brother who is recooping very nice from by-pass surgery in Illinois and his stupid brother didn't show up. C and his stupid brother went fishing on this past Wednesday, and his brother said, so Annie is throwing you a party on Sunday, I can't make it. C said what. Yes stupid brother is WAS a surprise as clearly stated on the invite in huge bright red letters. His older stupid brother is so jealous of C and his happiness that he loves to ruin anything he can. I shall not invite him every again. Anyway both families got along wonderfully....Cs neice and her two boys came also. Jayke and Lukas (yes silly spellings) 4 and 2 respectfully, and terrors. I had to watch the little on as he eventually pushed the screen out of the door. C will have to fix. Of course, lil man was there and a perfect angel...haha.. I eventually rocked him to sleep and he actually was breathing very deep in great somber. Poor lil tyke was pooped. Sassy was her adorable social self...letting anyone hold her and playing nicely. She tends to have that lil puppy nipping going on when you hold her and she is rested. We are swatting her trying to get her to stop that, but being a pup, it is a challenge. Sas hung outside with all the nieces, nephews and our kids. She zonked out about 8pm. All the food was gone except about 10 meatball and 10 weinies, a bit of cheeseball and a bit of salsa. They ate like there was no tomorrow and were from a refugee camp. lol. There is about 4 pieces left of the german choc cake. A former employee at CVS has claims to one of them.

MELLIE....Thanks for starting the new thread. We had a beautiful day yesterday for the party. Sunny 72, little chilly in the shade but otherwise wonderful.

SHADDIE...you probably tired from the traveling, I know that always wears me out, especially if driving. Hope the job gets more interesting, otherwise catch up on the ZZZs in class.

Hi ya PATTY...thanks for stopping in.

LAURA...glad you got to chat with HAPPY. Sounds like you had a very pleasurable weekend.

CEEG...well with the river so low, won't have to worry about flooding. How was your 3 days off? Did you get any rest?

CHELLE...major hugs sister.

HELLO TO THE REST OF YAS

Love and hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #11  
Happy September

PATTY....JUST FOUND YOUR POST IN MY MAILBOX. DIDN'T SEE IT THIS MORNING. YOU'LL BE ZIPPING AROUND THIS MONTH. SAFE TRAVELS!!
NOW YOU DID IT.....YOU SAID THE "C" WORD...

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-01-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #12  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MELLIE....Speaking of the C word...Hallmark channel is have Christmas movies starting November 9th. I think this has already been discussed on the threads somewhere, but also didn't want you to miss it. xoxo
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #13  

Morning all.

Annie - Sounds like a great party even though the stupid brother ruined the surprise for C. Nice there isn't much in the way of leftovers!

Shad - I'd say you're the sore to get tired from inactivity, while keeping busy energizes you. That said, good luck staying awake!! Glad the alarms were nothing, but too bad the firemen were nothing to raise the BP over!!

Mel - Thanks for starting the new thread for us. Love that autumn in NY pic. I haven't pulled out any of my autumn decor yet, and every year I say I want to carve a pumpkin and never seem to get around to it. Well, this year I will!! And I'd like to decorate with a bunch of those cute little baby pumpkins & squashes. I won't say I don't have a flair for that kind of stuff only because I haven't tried much of it and so who knows??

Ellen - Your schedule's like a whirlwind! The wedding and the church potluck sound nice. All those activities for the kids, and now choir!! Good luck with all that running around.

Ceejay - Have you gotten any rain? I just saw a news blurb that the Great Lakes are also at very low levels and I guess certain spots might require dredging to accomodate the lakes' shipping business.

Patty - I'm very close to Schaumburg, so hopefully we can work out a meet-up for dinner Monday or Tuesday evening, maybe even Sunday depending on when your flight arrives.

Hellos to Happy, Michelle & Mary!
---
Weekend was pretty good...Breakfast was alright, but one of my HS friends lately seems to be judging me - I mentioned that it was my mother's birthday on Saturday and she asked if I'd phoned her that morning. I said no, I wouldn't phone her in the mornings and she's asking me, what do you mean, why not, and I said something like, no, I wouldn't phone in the morning and she was hassling me over it ("it wasn't that early"). She's also made comments in the past akin to "you haven't seen your mom in two years!" and she also likes to comment about the fact that bf and I share a car. I kind of turned the tables on her by commenting about what a shopper she is (not really wording it in a positive or negative way) and she got defensive ("I was shopping for Christmas gifts for others"). Must be a sore spot...not that I'll make a point of judging her about it...

Anyway, I didn't really think much about this afterwards because I made a couple stops after the breakfast and then was on the phone w/ Happy, but when I did get to thinking about her comments later, it started bugging me. I haven't said anything to her because I'm usually pretty taken aback by her comments at the time she makes them, but now that I've decided I'm sick of it, she'll get an earful the next time I feel like she's judging me. And now I'm sort of put out with my friend D because I know she and the other one talk frequently and I can't help think that some of this must come out of their talks...I think I'm probably wrong because my life isn't all that interesting to gossip about, but I still feel ticked at her and so I'm annoyed at myself for feeling that way. I feel like lashing out just to stop the festering. Bleh.

Enough of that ramble. Book club was alright - same ol, same ol. My apple loaf was alright - my expectations were higher than the reality.

Sunday I woke up too early after a late night. Lounged around, did a few errands, a couple loads of laundry, went to lunch w/ bf, walked doggy, cut back the peony and phlox foliage in the long backyard border and that was about it. Glad the weather was nice for that.

Watched a couple episodes from last season's "The Good Wife" (we're recording the current season, which started last night).

Tomorrow's a flu shot at work, Wed. night is the knife skills class for bf and I. Should be interesting.

Okay, better finally get this posted. Keep getting interrupted. This darn job, lol.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
They have started to dredge the MM here. How awful of your friends! Glad that you and Happy had a long talk.

Mel
Thanks for starting the October thread. I love those pitures. Is that brown stone? You wouldn't like our firemen either. Most of them are short and squatty as my papaw used to say.

Annie
Glad the party went well even though the "stupid" brother spoiled it for C.
I know everyone had a good time.

Patty
Sounds like you are a busy person now a day's.

Shad
Surely you could have found one good looking fireman. Keep your props handy!!!!

-------
Nothing exciting here. Got out the reports today. I found a horny toad (frog) down stairs. As long as it doesn't jump out and on me I'll be alright.
I did have three day's off this past week end but probably did a bit to much. Cleaned the car both inside and out.
I'm about finished with the nieghbor. She's trying to take advantage of me again. She's not that bad but her grand son was here this week end and she let's him walk all over her. I put my foot down and that upsets me that I have to do that. I may have hurt his feelings and I've learned my lesson. I'm doing things for myself from now on. Sorry for the rant.
I have a couple of doctor's visit's on Thursday and I may spend the night with bf in Jonesboro. Haven't made up my mind yet. I think she leaves around the time I'm going to Springfield/Branson area.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #15  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKS.

BOSS IS BACK & I NEED TO FILL HER IN.
WE'RE MEETING EARLY SO WE WON'T BE INTERRUPTED.
A WOMAN HAS WATER ON THE BRAIN & IS GOING AROUND HALF DRESSED.
TO SAY NOTHING OF THE "ACCIDENTS" HERE AND THERE. SAD.

NOT MUCH NEW HERE. SPENT TIME WITH JEN.
ONE OF HER FAVORITE MOVIES IS "10 LITTLE INDIANS".
IT HAS THE OLD-TIME ACTOR HUGH O'BRIAN.
GOD HOW I LOVED HIM
SO THAT WAS YESTERDAY'S EXCITEMENT.
HAVE A GREAT DAY TODAY

ANNIE.....SORRY THE SURPRISE WAS TAKEN OUT OF IT.
THERE IS ALWAYS ONE ROTTEN APPLE IN THE BUNCH.
SHAME ON HIM & HIS HEALOUSY.
BUT I BET CURTIS HAD A WONDERFUL TIME.
LOTS OF LOVE, GOOD FOOD AND FAMILY & FRIENDS.
CANNOT ASK FOR MORE. YOU DID A GREAT JOB.
GOOD THING THE WEATHER COOPERATED!!
NOW I HAVE TO GO & CHECK OUT THE HALLMARK CHANNEL
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

LAURA....I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE FRIEND'S JUDGING CRAP.
THERE WAS A WOMAN IN THE OFFICE AND EVERY TIME I OPENED MY MOUTH IT WAS SOMETHING CRITICIZING!
GOD I HATED IT. I TRIED TO "FIX" IT BUT IT NEVER WORKED
(thank God she retitred!!) I WISH YOU LUCK FOR NEST TIME
I FIND THAT PEOPLE THAT ARE UNHAPPY WITH THEIR LIVES,
FEEL THE NEED TO POIUNT OUT EVERYTHING IN SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE.
IT'S THE OLD PROBLEM WITH CLIMBING ON TOP OF SOMEONE ELSE'S BACK
SO THEY CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES AND "RISE" ABOVE THE REST.
LET IT FLOW AWAY....YOU ARE BETTER THAN HER.
BESIDES...YOU BUSY BECOMING A VERY TALENTED AUTUMN DECORATOR!!!!
I LOVE THE AUTUMN IN NY AND WANT TO MOVE INTO THAT BROWNSTONE...I THINK IT WAS.

CEEJAY....IT'S HARD TO FIND GOOD HELP AND RELIABLE ONES TOO.
SORRY THE NEIGHBOR IS A PAIN AGAIN WITH THE GS.
SEEMS LIKE NEIGHBORS AREN'T WHAT THEY USED TO BE.
YEARS AGO EVERYONE WOULD PITCH IN.
HAVE A SAFE TRIP THURSDAY. GOOD LUCK WITH THE DR.(& the friend)
A HORNY TOAD WOULD SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ME.
WITH MY LUCK HE'D END UP IN MY LAP