View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #33
Shad

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Everyone has gone out to lunch to say farewell to a worker bee. since I haven't spoken more than 4 words to him I decided not to go. So here I am alone in the office apart from 1 other man who doesn't appear to speak to anyone except by phone.
Job is going on, and I get a little knowledge from time to time. And sometimes someone even tells me something I can use. Whooppee.

Saturday we (a lady who started same time as me) are going to a suburb called Casuarina. How we get there and back I have no idea but we should find out soon I guess. Aparently it is the biggest shopping centre around, which doesn't say much for the rest of Darwin, since the CBD is small enough to walk around in about 10 minutes (if you come from Brisbane or Sydney) and 20 minutes if you live in Darwin - they walk somewhat slower up here.

Patty - I am on a three month contract for the Northern Territory Government - an area otherwise known as the Top End. I have no idea what I was supposed to be doing, but will eventually sort it out I guess. Yesterday they told me I was on Contracts Help Desk (as in - we will set up a contract for 500,000 dollars for a period of 6 months for someone to fill in all the pot holes in the roads during the wet season. (Joking but something like that)). The Northern Territory Government tenders out all its repairs and maintenance jobs for roads, housing, hospitals, transport, etc., etc., They are putting in SAP (haphazardly) to capture costs, history, and who dunnit.
Hope you do get to meet up with Laura while you are in the area.

Ceejay - altercations with neighbours are unsettling, just ignore them and hope they go away. They can not ride on your coat tails or rely on you to feed and house them.

Michelle - ignore the piece of crud. He is not worth listening to and not worth talking to and definitely not worth allowing him to get under your skin. Ear plugs - whether switched on to anything or not. Play nicely with the doggies. Hope the sick on is getting her medicine properly. He probably just wants you to leave home earlier and so he can hide somethings that you are entitled to so don't give him the satisfaction of knowing he can still upset you. Silence is golden.

Laura - I have attached some pictures of friend R's new pad. She has the apartment on the 3rd floor front. You can see more or less what her lounge room will look like and the views are in the last one. No hunky manservant. Enjoy.

Annie - You should fly into Brisbane when you come to visit although you can fly into Cairns or Sydney. Should be some good bargains about.

Mel - love the harvest vegetables.

Okay - they are all back from their lunch. I'm off and will see you later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yungaba.jpg (26.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Yungaba1.jpg (25.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg yungaba2.jpg (47.1 KB, 9 views)