Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 03:09 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default October Chat

New month and new resolve. Here's the link to the September chat. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diab...er-chat-3.html
Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

Well, it's a new month and I didn't meet my 5 pounds off goal. I'm down just 3 but will take it. BGL is too high this morning at 5.7 - not sure why. Perhaps the sauces in the stir-fry last night?

Off to the gym this morning and then a busy day ahead. I have been up since 2:22 (read the clock wrong!) and may be able to work in a wee nap this afternoon.

Food for today is planned:
B. 2 egg omelet with veggies and an apple
L. (at quilting) 3-bean salad and some yogurt
D. pork tenderloin, sweet potato fries and roasted Brussels sprouts

I'm moving into fall/winter menus - have to watch out for carby comfort foods though - like baked beans.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

fbs 5.1 today, thats getting better. Ruth, did you forget the metformin yesterday? maybe thats why yours was high?
Weight is up a pound after the wedding, will work it back down today.
SIL coming this evening for a week, and work around that all week, including having other family over or around to see her. will have to be extra careful, although planning meals may be easier with another person to cook for.
THis Monday morning is dawning bright and the fall colours are spectacular. I think they are peaking, as the leaves will start falling soon.
Have a lovely day everyone.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good October 1 Morning,

I'm up and have wearing clothes washed, dried and hung up and now the folding clothes are drying. Baby is playing and the therapist who used to come on Tuesday afternoon will be coming on Monday mornings. She will be here around 9:45. The other therapist comes on Tuesday morning at 8:30. This will be so nice because DH and I can take the baby to do things in the afternoons before we have to pick up youngest DGD.

Ruthie 2:22 am? I've done that before. In fact, I seem to wake up sometime between 4 and 5 am. Hope you are able to get a nap. I've got to where I take a short nap when I put the little one down for his nap since I wake up so early. However, I do go to bed around 11 pm now and sleep like a log.

Mad I love this time of year when the leaves change and are so beautiful. Enjoy being with your SIL.

I'm eating very low carb almost like induction today although not Atkins. I'm doing it to get the carbs out of my diet since I ate more carbs yesterday when we ate out. Just don't like the sluggish feelings.

Bonnie, Rie and everyone else

Have a great Monday.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy October!

Wow, I can't believe how fast the year is going! Fbs at 80 this morning. I did an hour of walkitout. I bought a ZUMBA for the wii game at a garage sale. I tried it this morning but I will need to figure out how to play before I use it for exercise. I hear that it really works up a sweat.

I am frustrated that my weight is exactly the same as last week - maybe even up a smidge. After a good week with on plan eating and exercise.... Ugh! Well, I figure that a whoosh is due my way.

Ruth, thanks for starting the new thread. Sometimes when I wake early or don't sleep well, my bs us up. Almost like my body preparing for the day.... way to early!

Mad, I love the fall colors, and the whole season. It is my favorite time of year..... I need to get all the tasks done to prepare for winter now.

Trish, it wounds like your body is telling you the type of fuel it needs. When your home is back to just you and DH, maybe you can afford the luxury of the nail appointments.

Bonnie, thinking of you. Take care!

Off to meet Monday... It will be a long day as I have pool league tonight. Later!

Rie
Old 10-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #6  

Loves October. Already have two pumpkins out front.

This morning bs - 75 left hand, 89 right hand.... got to do some research and reading about testing.
I'm trying a new graph for my nurse practitioner. After dinner - amt of insulin administered since we are reducing it - morning bs - and see if we can find a pattern.

Tonight we try spaghetti squash so off to look up how to cook it, carbs, etc.

We are supposed to get a low of 31 here this week... (SE WA state)
Old 10-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Woke at 4 and BGL is 5.1 although last night's dinner was low carb - pork tenderloin, roasted Brussels sprouts and I skipped the sweet potato. Maybe it's the Dawn Syndrome. I am due for bloodwork but have been holding off until after Thanksgiving.

I am feeling very stressed and somewhat overwhelmed with life lately and am trying to resolve that. Volunteer work is taking up way too much time although it's worthwhile. Time to stop and smell the roses. Even going away on wee trips is stressful so I think I'll just stay put until after Christmas. My dear old dog Disney is quite sick with a dental problem and is going to need TLC over the next few weeks. It's time to cozy in.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #8  

Ruthie I was the opposite. I didn't get up until alarm went off which is very rare for me. I was just wiped out and could have gone to bed much earlier than I did. I am sure I am having carb withdrawals.

Well, I read more stories I found another site of people giving up wheat and grains/gluten and how it made them feel. So I've come to realize that it just isn't worth feeling this way. At this point, I'm am afraid to eat anything that is very carby. DSIL is off tomorrow and Thursday so maybe I can sleep in to get past these feelings.

Well, Tuesday therapist is here and I have some reading I want to get done while she is here. So I will make this a flyby.

Hope ALL is doing well.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #9  

Hello everyone!

Fbs at 85 this morning despite sharing my fresh salsa and pepper jelly with friends last night at pool. I did 20 minutes of my new wii zumba game this morning. It will take me a while to learn it but it might be a nice change-up from my other routines. Just 20 minutes left me panting and sweating.

I was out late with pool league and I have a child's birthday tonight. I need to drain the tanks of the rv and take it to the shop for winterizing between work and the party. No rest for the woozy! lOL

Ruth, I think that sometimes fall leaves us ready to rest and take stock before the winter sets..... Good thoughts for Disney

Trish, I hope you feel better soon. If going wheat free makes you feel better.... I am all for it

Froggy, we are getting a 31 degree temp this week too. All my hunting friends are excited. I love fall weather although I am not ready to give up my cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden. I might cover them to get another couple of weeks. I have a spaghetti squash that I will save, too. It has about 5 fruits that could use a little more time. I hope you enjoy the squash. I love the stuff.

Mad, I hope you are enjoying your SIL visit. I am enjoying the fall colors here.... it seems like they turned overnight.

Off to work...

Later! Rie
Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #10  

75 this morning. Even DH ate the spaghetti squash and liked it (but also had a slice of bread with it...)

Did some reading on different bs readings and people are ALL over the place on it. Will follow my head and think 40 was a mistake since I'm not sure I could function at that level Also think it is instructive that there are now strips that can do two tests at once.

Read this article this morning - basically that beta cells are NOT dead. Thank you little mousies.
Stress - including being overweight cause them to regress. Other kinds of stress I could write a book...
Old 10-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #11  

article link did not post, so cut and paste here
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/02/he...ent-state.html
Old 10-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Interesting article. Thanks for posting the link.

Well, FBGL is back in my normal range this morning and weight is even down a pound again. Whew! The body is a mysterious thing.

I am off to the gym this morning to work out some of my small aches and pains. Food should be good. (Last night's spaghetti squash casserole was not a hit.) I am going to do something with shrimp for dinner and have broccoli soup ready for lunch. I have no dinner out invitations until Sunday when I go to TD dinner so should be OK.

This week I'm focusing on keeping the calories at 1200 and cutting out wine with dinner. Wish me luck!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #13  

Hello Friends!

fbs at 80 this morning and my weight is stable. I am starting to wonder what it will take to move that needle down. I guess I am going to have to really kick it on the exercise.

Ruth, glad that your numbers are good this morning. Have you tried the spaghetti squash as a replacement for rice in stir fry? Lots of the recipes pair it with cheese and bake it. I am not too fond of that. It also adds a nice sweet/crunchy element on a flatbread pizza. really good. My son likes to cook with it.

Froggy, I liked the article. I always worry about the "progressive" nature of diabetes. Does it mean that I will get worse and have more trouble as I age? Mad? does diabetes always/usually get worse? I hear about folks who are struggling because their "diabetes is out of control" and I wonder if they are not eating well or is their disease getting worse....

Hello to Trish and Mad.... out of time this morning..

Rie
Old 10-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #14  

Well some folks just don't pay attention. My neighbor did that. Told me he ignored it for 20 years, ate whatever he wanted. Wonderful man but gone now and we all miss him.

79 this morning. Dinner was chicken, broccoli and very small sweet potato.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #15  

Just checking in. DSIL was off today so I slept late till around 8ish and then dressed and went to have a pedicure. DGD just can't do all the things they do at the nail salon and my feet and legs feel soooooo good. Then I went to Walmart without DH and was able to walk around and look for gluten/wheat free foods. I bought some gluten/wheat free noodles and spaghetti. I came home mixed some of the noodles with veggies, shrimp and alfredo sauce and it was soooo good. Spent time with DH and then took short nap. I really enjoyed my day.

Catch y'all tomorrow.
Closed Thread