Old 09-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #1  

Lightbulb CALLANETICS 10 Hour challenge *Want to Join Me?*

OK. So I did Callanetics when I was 14 years old and did it for 10 years but since getting married I was always 'too busy' to exercise. Well, 8 years later and 150Lbs later I realize I need to do this again some 'me' time. I have done it every now and then but I really want to knuckle down and it become a way of life again. Are there any takers to the 10 hour challenge?

I hope so!
I am starting today
Lucy
LucyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230 lbs/ 227.4 lbs/ 135 lbs

Height: 5'7"

i just searched a bit on it. but i dont understand the 10 hour part??

I am looking for something to try and tone and what not so as not have to deal with much loose skin and those issues when i get more of the weight off
kellrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #3  

Hey Kell

So the phrase "10 years younger in 10 hours"

Each workout is about 1 hour. I want to try for the 10 hours of exercise -either, 3 times per week or 5 times a week.

I want to build up to doing this longer because the longer you exercise the leaner you become! I have never been so toned and ripped doing Callanetics than any other workout. Its so relaxing the hardest thing is not falling asleep!

I have lived my life doing these exercises (on and off) and they really do work!! They may be difficult at first to do them but just keep trying!! Relax and remember the tiny delicate motion...no forcing the muscles beyond their flexibility.
If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.
Lucy

Last edited by LucyK; 09-25-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #4  

actually sounds pretty nice.
are there any specific videos that are better than others? or like a set or something?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #5  

There is no question the dvd's are outdated as in music etc.

What I would do is first watch the techniques and movements demonstrated by Callan Pinkney and her niece (first section of the Super Callanetics dvd)

BUT for beginners *IMPORTANT* Use the original 1 hour Callanetics dvd (not Super Callanetics/ S.C.) and build up to the S.C.

I personally gradually combined some of the more difficult exercises in Super Callanetics with the original DVD since I am naturally flexible.

What I love about Callanetics is that you can either do the whole hour workout in one go or sections if you don't have so much time - always remember to do the warm ups before!

I really think its worth the effort because in such a little time you will see your jeans getting baggy around your bum and thighs and belly getting flatter and a thinner waist!

Last edited by LucyK; 09-25-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Bad bad spelling!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #6  

I haven't don't the newer DVD's like Evolution or Cardio only the original Callanetics and Super Callanetics.

Man I am just going to write OC and SC next time lots of typing!!
Old 09-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #7  

Ok I'm gonna look them up. Sounds very interesting!!