South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default The Weekend SBD Chat for 9/29-9/30

Good morning Chicklets! Grab your coffee and come chat a bit before the day gets started.

It's a rare, quiet morning here so far, with everyone still asleep except for Jake and I, and he's out on the sunporch watching TV, so I can enjoy my coffee and 3FC in peace and no interruptions.

The only thing I have planned for the day is a trip to Trader Joe's in Delaware. There's a Michael's nearby, so I'd like to browse around in there for a bit, too. I don't think the sun is going to make an appearance today so curling up with a book and a nap sound like a plan for the afternoon. I'm not sure what's for dinner, but I'll come up with a plan after shopping at TJ's.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, hope the skies brighten up. Work, then dinner with the girls from college, which should be a blast. Tomorrow a bike ride then dinner with my friend Joe. Monday work, Tuesday off, then back to work Wednesday through Saturday. Already regretting taking two overtime shifts this week. What was I thinking lol.

Good morning to the beachers yet to come
Old 09-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Brrrr here on this stretch of the Beach this morning. I turned the furnace OFF instead of down last night! Coffee will warm me up. I was awake for a while around three but did get back to sleep until 7 which was nice. Aside from the cold, it felt like summer to wake up in daylight! Looks like we may get another sunny day despite the forecast - too bad the Fair Golf Party was canceled because rain was predicted.

This morning, Jazz and I head for the nursing home to do pet therapy. I am going to try to visit as many people as possible which is hard. Some folks never get any visitors and just adore my wee dog so it's hard to get away. Sometimes I have to just walk out and Jazz jumps off laps or bed to follow me. We really need some other dogs visiting that facility.

This afternoon I'll throw together a cauliflower and broccoli salad. Heather is having a birthday party for her cat tonight - any excuse for a party with my group of friends! She's serving pulled pork so I thought the salad would work well with it. I'm hoping to keep close rein on my serving as I did indulge yesterday in a chip wagon lunch! It was a glorious blue and gold day, just right to sit at a picnic table and nosh. I'm not feeling guilty as it was the first time I've had fries in two years!

Hope everyone has a great day to celebrate the last two doys of a sort-of-summer month.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies. Just got home from the gym and am about to hit the hay, but wanted to pop in and say hello first. Today is the big GA/TN rival game, so I'm geared up for that!!! Then afterwards I'm going to dinner and a movie w/ 2 of my girlfriends, which should be fun.

I've got to get up early enough to see about fixing the leak in my car. I guess it's the drainage tube from my air conditioning...but my passenger side floorboard is SOAKED. I found where the leak is coming from and have vacuumed up all the water, but I still need to work on getting that tube unclogged so the problem STOPS.

Anyway, hope you ladies have a great day!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm on the fly again...wouldn't even have had enough time to say hi except that I heard DH chopping veggies for our smoothie. I can't leave for work without my nutrition.

Happy start to the weekend, friends!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me as well we have to get ready to leave for soccer game. It looks to be a nice weekend here so we hope to take advantage of that and forget housecleaning
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Saw the chiropractor again yesterday and she wanted to refer me to my doctor, saying she was stumped and I should have been better by now. I had to explain all the insurance issues I have and why I came to her in the first place instead of my doctor! So instead, we are now trying some other stuff like therapeutic deep tissue massage and me hanging upside down on my husband's inversion table 3 times a day. Sigh.

I work the closing shift tonight and go in tomorrow evening after closing to help unpack and put out a huge fall shipment. I have the house to myself today and am already planning a nap. After errands for more PH1 meal fixins'.

Have a great weekend, all.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all!

Enjoy your Saturday and keep warm.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Great Saturday, everyone! Today was soccer picture DD1, soccer game 1 DD1, soccer picture DD2, soccer game 2 DD1 and solver game 1 DD2. SERIOUSLY?? This started at 7:30 am, and ended about 2 hours ago. WOAH.

I am now sitting on my behind working on my first grad class of the semester. This course is about bullying and it is a real eye-opener.

Trying not to get depressed by the readings and head for the chip aisle, I came here instead. Hug your loved ones - and stand up for each other!

Be well -
Old 09-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hey ladies - thanks so much for Ruthie this morning. I had my DH go to my work, get my stuff to let Reesie go, and went to take her out one last time...and she got up on her own. Oh dear, she must not want to go today. So, the roller coaster ride continues.

Needless to say, I was an emotional mess this morning, and by evening I was feeling better. She still can't walk, but her heart is so good. We'll see how she feels in the AM, above all I don't want her in pain.

And now...for wine!
Old 09-30-2012, 04:21 AM   #11  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

hello everyone the only thing i want to say is: bye bye 260 i finally dropped to 259 lol

have a nice sunday and peace and health.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Beachy Chicks Heading out to my video store shift again. So silly, but I'm helping friends out so happy to do it. Had fun camping in spite of drippy, cool weather. It was just nice to get away (no cell and no WiFi for 24 whole hours!). The Creamy Mexican Casserole and Savory Bean and Spinach soup leftovers were perfect cool weather camping food. Hope to stop by later for more catch-up.

Twynn - thinking of you and Reesie
Old 09-30-2012, 07:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, and thanks, Tammy, for keeping us updated on Reesie. I didn't see Ruth's thread about it until last evening, but you've been in my thoughts constantly. I'm so glad Reesie rallied for another day, and I think she'll let you know when it's time. My heart goes out to all you during this very sad and difficult time.

irinaelevav, congratulations on dropping into a new decade!

It appears the sun has been hiding these last few days of September, but we were able to get out and do some garden clean up yesterday. I got a few more nice tomatoes and Jake pulled up all the carrots and beets. I kept a few out for fresh and blanched and froze the rest. The only thing left growing in the garden is my Swiss chard, and hopefully I'll have that for several more weeks.

I think I'll start putting away the summer clothes today and pull out the warmer clothes. It looks like the short sleeve and capri weather is behind us until Spring. That's a chore I'm not looking forward to.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good to hear that Reesie has rallied. I guess she will tell you when it's time.

Cyndi, sounds like your weekend was great despite the rain. You did get some lovely shots.

Cottage, it definitely is time to ditch the capris. It killed me to pack away the sandals but I AM going to Cuba in January so it's not forever. My garden is till not put to bed - still eggplants and yellow peppers out there.

Had a great time at the cat birthday party last night and so did the cats. They got presents and we all sang to them which freaked them out. Heather had a nice fall dinner of pulled pork and apple crisp for dessert. My broccoli/cauliflower salad was a hit. I was home shortly after nine and slept until 7 this morning. This could get to be a habit - I hope!

This afternoon I'll be testing eight dogs for pet therapy work. One is a huge white shepherd and another is a 4.5 pound Yorkie/Poo! That should be interesting. There is also a Portuguese Water Dog, not one of mine, but I have my doubts about whether she'll pass. She's very shy and does not get along with other dogs, mainly because her owner is a semi-recluse. We'll see if a miracle has happened since I last saw them both.

Looking forward to 5 PM tonight when I snuggle in for the night.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Tammy thinking of you and Reesie....Cyndi I love the Mexican casserole. My partner at work did too...Linda and Cottage you are lucky your gardens are still producing...good luck with the puppy interviews, that must be fun meeting potential therapy dogs.

Had a lovely dinner with the girls. Afterwards we went to a little cafe for coffee, decadent desserts and lots of laughter. I indulged on a slice of triple mousse, it was amazing and gluten free. Totally worth the calories and sugar lol

Yesterday I added my neighbor's dog and their grand dog to my clan as they were at a wedding. Their son's dog is also a Bichon what a feisty little guy. Going to my friend Joe's later. We are going for a nature walk and dinner in the Catskills. I wanted to get a long ride in, but my body the past few days has been telling me to take a day off. Not sure if I am fighting off something or if it is diet related. Monday I am regrouping to P1 just for a week as Inhave been a little naughty and feel cravings and grazing kicking in.

Or perhaps it is all hormonal. Is it hot in here or is it me?? Have a great day
Closed Thread