South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Well, it's Wednesday, September 25 and ...

... time to crank up the day with the last of my Newman's coffee. I hate to admit it but I used to drink instant before Cottage introduced me to the speed and convenience of the Keurig.

Back to "normal" routine today with the gym at 7:30 followed by coffee, some banking and then the dogs and I do 1:00 PM pet therapy at the clinic. The clients save their yogurt or pudding containers for dog treats so they are always enthused - both dogs and clients! Of all my volunteer jobs, that's the one that I will keep until the last, God willin' and the crick don't rise.

Some of the summer clothes got stashed away yesterday but I may have to unpack. My late January trip to Cuba is a definite "go" so I need to fish out some of the hot weather things. Limo to the airport in Toronto and then a week of beach will be a great break from our winter which will start in November unless we luck out.

Time for a smoothie made with local strawberries - the fall ones are very, very tasty - and then I'll pick up grumpy Doreen and head for the gym.

Lifting my mug in a toast to Hump Day and wishing you all a day with no grumps!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

*GASP* Ruth, I'm pretty sure it's illegal in some countries to drink instant . What's your new trip?!?! When are you going?! Sounds great!!

I'm laying here on the floor with the pup, she is quite unhappy today . If it weren't for the miracle drug coming in the mail today, I think I'd let her go tonight....but I want to give her that chance.

Work of course, take her to sit in a park, and then probably a power nap if I'm lucky!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Twynn, hoping today is a bonus day for you and the ReesiePup. I am leaving for a week on January 17 and going to Caya Coco, which is supposed to be a four-star all inclusive resort. We'll see. Often a 4-star there is more of a 2-star! I've never been to Cuba, just Florida, Mexico and Bermuda and know I'll enjoy the mid-winter break no matter what it's like.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Instant "coffee" isn't even in the same category as the real thing. See, Ruth, I did bring you some culture. Cuba in January sounds like a lovely way to break up the long, cold winter. I'm envious!

Tammy, I am hoping and praying with you that this new drug is Reese's Miracle Pill.

The girls have today off, and I'm watching 2 other girls today, too. Our plans are to go to Hurricane Hill Farm where there's a corn maze, punkin chunkin, hayrides, games and lots of fun. I'm keeping a close eye on the weather, though, because rain showers are predicted. If that happens, I'll have to dig deep in my bag of tricks, or maybe we'll just go to a matinee.

Well, time for me to get my stuff together and head out of here. Have a great day and I hope you find no bumps in your day.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Ruth even college students don't drink instant coffee. Although growing up we only had real coffee on the holidays! Oh how times have changed

Tammy I hope and pray this is a miracle drug for Reesie

Linda no school here either. Rained overnight and is quite dreary, but I am going to chance it. At least it is a pretty ride and where we go has a phenomenal farm stand (partially indoors). My son actually set his alarm clock as I hope to be on our way by 10. It will be sad bringing him back to his dad's. These few days went by way too quickly.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Tammy - I hope the pill works for Reesie. I hate to hear sad puppy news Praying!!!

Just popping in real quick. Not OP this week but plan to be back on track next week. I made a MOSTLY OP Broccoli, Cheese, & Potato () soup that's pretty good, reduced fat, lower in calories, but as the name suggests, it does have potatoes in it. Not a LOT of potatoes (2 medium potatoes across 7 servings....) but still. The cooler weather has inspired soup/chili cravings. I'll buy stuff to make chili for food day on the 8th. Time for the pre-holiday push!

Sooo.... party at Lisa's house. I have 22 bottles of wine in my laundry room, leftover from the wedding (my mom's family brought their own, so we didn't need all that we purchased.) Who wants to come for a visit?

Anyway back to work. I hope everyone is having a great day.

Lisa
Old 09-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Not a whole lot to report here...just popping in to say hello. Hope you're all doing well.

I'm pleased that my 6 pounds that I dropped a few weekends ago is STILL lost and has taken another 1.5 pounds w/ it. Cutting out grains has significantly helped, for sure.

Back to work for me. Goodnight, ladies!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Natasha that is awesome. Lisa wow that's a lot of wine! Congratulations on your wedding.

As for me, I took the plunge and am no longer a crockpot virgin. Mexican casserole is simmering away and smells awesome!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmm, Jekel, we had that last night! And I must say, it makes excellent leftovers (good thing, because it makes a ton!!). Did you enjoy it?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Some days just run by - I almost missed today! Stayed OP last night at Outback, although portions were a bit out of line. Walking felt good - just can;t believe a year ago I was running 13 miles . . . Well, another day, another set of better choices. 4 days down, 10 to go!
Closed Thread