Okay, so I know if you do a search you can come up with ideas for Vegetarians for their protein for dinner, but it's been a while, and I thought it might be time to do a thread dedicated to it.
As a Vegetarian, we have to pick out proteins that are on the lower end of the carb (so many of our proteins are high carb) and fat scale, and higher in protein (we need to get 30-40g of protein for the dinner meal). Try to find ones that have good fiber in them, so it can counter the carbs (net carbs). And of course watch out for hidden sugars, which had me dumping my favorite products).
The veggie proteins I have used so far are:
* Eggs/Egg Whites
* Bob's Red Mill High Protein TVP (80 cal; 0g fat; 7g carb; 4g Fiber; 12g prot)
* Trader Joe's Organic Sprouted Tofu (80 cal; 5g fat; 1g carb; 1g Fiber; 9g prot)
* Tofu Pups (60 cal; 2.5g fat; 2 g carb; 1g fiber; 8g prot)
* Boca All American Classic Meatless Burgers (90 cal; 2g fat; 6g carb; 6g fiber; 15g protein)
* Westsoy Seitan Strips (120 cal; 2g fat; 4g carb; 1g fiber; 21g prot)
* Tofurkey Oven Roasted Deli Slices (100 cal; 3g fat; 6g carb; 3g fiber; 13g protein
What I've started to do (and it seems to work for me), is since these choices aren't as high in protein as meats, I add in extra egg whites to my shakes to make up for the lesser amount of protein and not add in any fat or carbs.
Honestly, I'm pretty tired of these choices. I really miss beans and nuts and whole grains, and oh yeah, cheese.
So if anyone else has found some IP safe Vegetarian proteins, please list them. I'd really appreciate it!
? (no scale), -3.8, -3.8, -5.6, -3, -.8, -3, -5.2, -3.4, -4.2, -3, -2.8, -4, -2.6, -3.4, -2.6, -6, -3.6, -1.8, -4, -2.2, -.8, -3.4, -2.2, -4.2, -2.4, -.8, -3.8, 1.2, -3.4, -3.2