Old 09-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Default how to reduce stress & forget about all the food in the pantry

so I am really stressed today, I have a HUGE test tomorrow that I feel so unprepared for and I'm super stressed and all I want is junk food! how do I stop myself, I'm fixing to voice record my notes and go walking while I listen to them maybe that will help keep me away from stuff, I feel like such a failure right now, my center is on me wanting a loss since I haven't lost much in the past month & I don't even want to go weigh in because I'm doing so poorly, why can't I wrap my head around all this and get the weight off, maybe I need a psychologist? there must be something deep rooted that causes me to eat because It will taste good or whatever or is it just that im fat & that is what I do? sometimes when I've gone off plan it doesn't even taste good so there is no point. I've been doing this for about 3 months now so why can't I get my head back in the game? I wish we had some options for pointless snacking that weren't have bad for us I know the things I should do but actually convincing myself to do them is another thing. thanks for letting me vent. also if you ever cheat do you actually write it on your food sheet? I don't want to fess up LOL
also I have been out of the big 3 for about 3 weeks now do you think that that could be causing this? (or at least not helping lOl)
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

aw82797: don't beat yourself up, we've all been where you are and i went off plan over the weekend myself, just got tired of all the recording, weighing of food, etc. But i don't write down my cheat days or when i go off plan, i just put all the good foods down, go weigh in and then leave. I've bought some snack things from proteinshop.com, their plan allows snacks in between so you aren't hungry and they are high protein, low fat, low carbs, the program is almost identical to MRC except you can eat between meals, i eat their pancakes, their pretzels, and i use some of their protein drinks. Being out of the big three may not be a problem, but i do know the cortitrim really helps my stress levels. I take the MRC-6, cortitrim and just started the phentratrim (the phentratrim doesnt really help me so i'm not going to refill that one). When i get distracted i read a book, also what i have found helps me also is chewing gum, we are allowed at least three sticks of sugarless gum a day so i'll chew between meals sometimes. And please feel free to vent anytime, that's what we are here for!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #3  

Thanks skelley, i'll have to check out that website, I think part of the problem is that I really need to study & part of me doesn't want to & I can't do the fun thingss that distract me like playing on fb & apps on my phone lol, but at least if I have high protein low carb type snacks that's a better option than the other junk if I just can't stop myself lol
Old 09-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #4  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw82797 View Post
Thanks skelley, i'll have to check out that website, I think part of the problem is that I really need to study & part of me doesn't want to & I can't do the fun thingss that distract me like playing on fb & apps on my phone lol, but at least if I have high protein low carb type snacks that's a better option than the other junk if I just can't stop myself lol
aw82797: I totally agree, i can't imagine not having some fun stuff and they even have cookies, you'll love their website.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/(see ticker)/155

Height: 5'3"

There is a huge connection to food and emotion, at least in my opinion. If you are stressed, it's easy to seek comfort in food. If you have bad stuff in the house - get rid of it!

And yes, being out of the Big 3 could make things harder - especially the appetite suppressant. For me, I may have a craving but once I take it the difference is huge!

I found this book on the Amazon free list yesterday and started reading it last night. It's a quick read so far and so much of what he says hits home.
It's a biography from a man who was 350lbs and how he finally got control of his emotional eating. (It's a free Kindle book right now, but you can read it online with the kindle app too)
http://www.amazon.com/Hungry-Lessons...154606011_f_15
meazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #6  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazie View Post
There is a huge connection to food and emotion, at least in my opinion. If you are stressed, it's easy to seek comfort in food. If you have bad stuff in the house - get rid of it!

And yes, being out of the Big 3 could make things harder - especially the appetite suppressant. For me, I may have a craving but once I take it the difference is huge!

I found this book on the Amazon free list yesterday and started reading it last night. It's a quick read so far and so much of what he says hits home.
It's a biography from a man who was 350lbs and how he finally got control of his emotional eating. (It's a free Kindle book right now, but you can read it online with the kindle app too)
http://www.amazon.com/Hungry-Lessons...154606011_f_15
Thanks for sharing i would love to read it too!
Old 09-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #7  

Thanks, I just went & downloaded the book & will check it out as soon as I can. The problem with getting rid of the bad stuff is the hubby & the kids who take their lunches, I hate to deprive them of that stuff but that creates the problem for me lol chips are the hardest, I may have to tell my hubby to keep his chipss for lunch in his work truck & tell my daughter to keep hers at g-mas so they are out of my house
Old 09-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw82797 View Post
Thanks, I just went & downloaded the book & will check it out as soon as I can. The problem with getting rid of the bad stuff is the hubby & the kids who take their lunches, I hate to deprive them of that stuff but that creates the problem for me lol chips are the hardest, I may have to tell my hubby to keep his chipss for lunch in his work truck & tell my daughter to keep hers at g-mas so they are out of my house
Maybe you could try the pre-packaged snack size for their lunches. Or only buy enough for the one week at a time and pre-pack the non-perishable parts of everyone's bags... I do know that when you gotta have it you gotta have it, and I have felt like a wild animal is taking over inside me at times. So I'm not judging.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote