View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #34
mnemosyne
the muse of memory

Quote:
I just saw Duran Duran a few weeks ago. I had been waiting 30 years to see them. I don't have a lot of weight to lose but I was kind of self conscious about the flab on my upper arms flopping around. I got over it pretty fast when they hit the stage.
Oh my goodness. I had this GIANT Duran Duran pin that I wore everywhere in fifth grade. It was so huge it had a wee stand and I stood it up in my locker at Church camp. And when the special K's (teenage counselor-campers) were put in charge of nightly vespers, they used the Depeche Mode version of People are People (which has nothing to do with Duran Duran, except to pin that point in time) and it was the first time I'd heard Depeche Mode. Anyway, that sounds awesome.

Quote:
The last concert I went to was Prince at the beginning of the year. It was EPIC!!! I am going to The Shins next Sunday and can't wait!!
!! to both.

I would love to see the Shins. Wow. Jealous.

I did go to the symphony this weekend. They did Benjamin Britten and Shoshtakovich, followed by the Grieg piano concerto (and everyone but everyone has heard the opening of the Grieg piano concerto in a "hey! that's so familiar!" sort of way.

In the interim I live vicariously through others.