Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Things you remember about your pre-weightloss journey lifestyle...

My partner and I will often have a conversation that goes like this:

"Remember when we used to have fishsticks, macaroni and cheese, and mashed potatoes for dinner?"

"Good lord, yes. Remember when I had to ask you to help me tie my shoes?"

And the list goes on. What are some things that you remember from before your journey that you either can't believe you did or are glad you don't have to deal with anymore?
LebenAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4

I can't believe how much I used to drink!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

So funny you should post this, I was just thinking about this last night as I was watching Supersize Vs. Superskinny.

I definitely don't miss having to wear maternity pants WAY past the acceptable period in which one should wear maternity pants, post-pregnancy.

The amount of food that I could eat really turns my stomach to think about! There have been a couple times, in the past few months, I have really overeaten -- but NOTHING compared to what I would have regularly eaten and not have batted an eye. But the few times I have eaten way too much, reminds me of the often painful fullness that I felt almost all the time back then. It's absolutely miserable.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

I calculated the calories from a normal day and it was over 4,000!

I used to look forward to things like family get togethers for the food. Now I look forward to spending time with people.
angie7896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I remember it fondly. I for one enjoyed every bite of my three bowls of Reeses Peanut Butter Puffs I had for breakfast...eating a whole box of Annie's mac & cheese for dinner...cooking a big pot of gnocchi and eating it with prefab tomato sauce...ahhh, those were the days.

Still worth it to wear single-digit pants sizes.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #6  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Yeah, I can't believe either the amount of crap I was able to eat, both in quantity and, uhm, shall I dare call it 'quality'? Right now, if I were to eat it again, I'd probably explode and die on the spot (well, at least my intestines would).
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #7  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I just remembered yesterday when I was in the shop that a few years ago I used to regularly buy (in my bingey days) a big loaf of thick white bread, real butter and koka noodles (chicken flavour, ooh yeah). What a shitty meal. Also that stuffed pasta stuff, I'd buy a pack of that and eat the whole thing with just a jar of sauce stirred in. For dessert I could have a pack of plain digestive biscuits and some chocolate spread. It all sounds crap but it was totally delicious at the time. If I ate that now I'm sure I'd just feel really shitty and bloated.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/141/135

Height: 5'2

Shopping. I remember going to Catherine's and being in denial that I couldn't fit the size 22 skirt. I remember going to Express with a friend and getting earrings because that's all I could fit.

Wow, I actually forgot those days...
DisappearingActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #9  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I can only say I didn't get to 300 lbs by accident ...
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #10  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

How much soda I used to drink (which is cool to say since I haven't had one in over 3 months) and how little exercise or movement in general outside of day to day routine that I would get. It was ridiculous! Now I cannot imagine not having exercise incorporated into my daily routine, even if it's just a short walk and a few jumping jacks, I have to keep moving!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #11  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
I remember it fondly. I for one enjoyed every bite of my three bowls of Reeses Peanut Butter Puffs I had for breakfast...eating a whole box of Annie's mac & cheese for dinner...cooking a big pot of gnocchi and eating it with prefab tomato sauce...ahhh, those were the days.

Still worth it to wear single-digit pants sizes.
Yum! gnocchi! I think I could possibly manage about 6 of them now, versus about 40 before LOL!!!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #12  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

I haven't lost much weight but just one year ago I smoked every day, whenever I got a chance. I drank diet soda like it was going out of style. I almost never drank water. I drank crazy amounts of calories when I would drink alcohol because we usually drank our hard alcohol with lots of non-diet soda. I ate frozen food for dinner and lunch, like pizza rolls. I'd buy single serving things of pizza rolls for lunches and big dinner packages to have at the house! Some days I'd have pizza rolls for both lunch and dinner, after having a hot pocket for breakfast?!

I also would eat candy for snacks whenever I could. Chips too.

The past year I really upped my veggies and fruits, started buying healthier foods and learned how to cook. My biggest problem is even after eating healthier I'd eat too much still. That's the problem I'm tackling now.

About two months ago I started having trouble tying my shoelaces. And not like I can't do it, but I get all breathless after bending over to tie them and I've started sitting down to do it. I never realized how much I took small things like that for granted! I want to tie my shoes without getting breathless! And I will.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #13  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide99 View Post
I use to drink 4 of my favorite martini's just about every Saturday night. Each martini has 500 calories. So I was drinking the amount of calories I'm eating per day these days! That's not including the food I ate earlier in the day and the greasy food I ate when the night was over.

Don't let me get started on ice cream. I could polish off an entire box of ice cream in 2 days by myself! Mind you I work from home so it was very easy to do.

I never counted calories, I drank like 2 cans cokes per day, never worked out - I could go on and on...

Wow this is so eye-opening for me, but I am very thankful to be in control now!
I'm impressed - 4 martini's and even when I could drink A LOT - I'd still be under the table
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #14  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

at my highest weight (220) id sometimes eat an entire bag of peanut M&Ms in one day.. the 1lb bag...

Last edited by juliastl27; 09-24-2012 at 03:04 PM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Some pretty yummy food, drinks and smokes passing by here!!! Those were the days...

Before I started on my journey, I was totally sedentary. I have started to walk, and keeping this up as well as adding other forms of exercise is going to be my greatest challenge.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote