Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 08:18 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday, September 10

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm just heading out to get some coffee and throw some bacon in the nuker.

Hope y'all are having a wonderful morning. It is 50 degrees here and beautiful.

I'll be back later
Old 09-10-2003, 09:47 AM   #2  

It is s nice one here too. It is around 70 but the humidity is still 100%. I think I can take the humidity when the temps are that nice. I still am not able to have my hosue aired out though. It just isn't cool enough for that. We are prayin in our house that Hurricane Isabela doesn't coem our way. That would not be good for us or for the duck hunting season. Sorry, about that last part but hubby is a big duck hunter.

Not much going on here yet today. I am working on stocking our pro-shop for winter right now. So, I am sitting at my desk with tons of catalogs all over it.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:58 AM   #3  

Angry Hello everybody!

Hello people!

Well yesterday my pc was in for repair and did I ever miss it....it truly is a part of my day to check in here and my e-mails from family and friends and my trivia game I am addicted to........well I give myself 30 mins a day give or take!

I had a not so great day yesterday.....first rotten day in months....I was trying to figure out what was different about the day....it was not hormonal....nothing really happened....I was up at at it and well on my way to a great day but then I sat down to work on an album that I am doing for my mom and dad....adding a few final touches and I think I was remembering things from my past....hurts, disappointments as a child and worked a bit on my page of my dd son Zach who died when he was two and all my other neices and nephews who are alive and well (thank goodness)....and I think that is what it was.......I was feeling sorry for my self....for my past pains...which I am sure we all have and for the loss of my son Zach when I wanted him so very much. I find when I have days like that I just freeze up....I stayed close to home...did not walk or exercise even though I have been enjoying that and I ate ice cream and dill pickle chips which I didn't even really enjoy.

That get's me to my point about Dr. Phil (I read the posts from yesterday earlier today).....being over weight in my mind is not just about knowing about nutrition and exercise....I believe that people who are moderately to quite overweight do have emotional issues and so in that way that is how a counsellor can help....do I think Dr. Phil is the be-all end-all?....no I do not. Do I think that he is telling any of us stuff we haven't already thought of?...no I do not. Do I think that sometimes he is right when he says just get on with it and do the right thing if it is best for your marriage and kids.....yes often I do. I don't think that any weight plan is going to work if you do not deal with the emotional issues underneath....I believe that one 'addiction' may be conquered (be it food), but another one will take over...until you deal with your issues....alcohol, codependency, dysfunctional relationships etc

For me I know I have issues and I accept that....I don't spend a lot of time analyzing why I do what I do.....I try to have healthy positive people around me. I try to have a routine and push myself to do the right things even when I would rather not...I try to do for others and treat others how I want to be treated. I accept myself for all the good and the bad and continue to work away at living a good life......I dont' have all the answers, nor does Dr. Phil or anyone else. I am the only person I can take care of and work on......and I continue to do the best at that I can.

Anyhow that is my sharing for the day....I am off to the shower and going for a walk with my friend.

Hope everyone has a good day and good luck with your own personal journey....only you can choose which way you are going today! Me too!

Hugs to you all Eliz
Old 09-10-2003, 02:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon Chickadees!

It's busy around here, but wanted to pop in!

Leenie, enjoy the weather! do you have a window in your office?

Kemp, guess what! my hubby is a HUGE duck hunter too! he absolutely loves it! If I remember right teal season opens up this saturday! yippppppppee! lol

Liz, thanks for taking the time to share today! your post made me cry - I don't know why - it just did! But there is a lot of wisdom in your words! thanks for posting!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-10-2003, 02:19 PM   #5  

Cathy I usually am a duck widower this time of year. Joe is going hunting down in Dulac this weekend so this year will be no different. Is your hubby in DU over there?
Old 09-10-2003, 02:32 PM   #6  

HI Cathy.....thanks for acknowledging my post and for your support....it is sure nice to know that others are really out there in cyber space.

I walked for 1 and a half hours this morning....I hooked up with a friend part of the walk but we walked to and from our meeting place on our own....during that time I listened to a DVD book...it really helps me to pass the time when I am listening to a great book....also helps me keep up with all the great books out there.

It is a beautiful day and I am glad that I am alive!

Eliz
Old 09-10-2003, 02:47 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Lizzy, I don't think your feeling sorry for yourself, I think your being human. I hope to God I never feel what you are feeling, the loss of a child to me is a pain that will never end and it eats at your insides forever. My mom lost two of her 7 kids, one in 1990 and the other in 1998. I see her crying all the time and the only thing we can do is hug one another and cry w/her. I think if you didn't cry you wouldn't be human.

I agree with you regarding Dr. Phil, I would never go as far as saying he's a bad councelor, if he helps just one person then its all worth it, but to have his name on food products and claim to be a diet doctor (for lack of better words), I just dunno, I think its just ka ka and all boils down to the mighty buck. He'll be one of those fly by night diet plan/people/dohicky's like Susan Powter (oh gawsh remember her - eat LOTS OF CARBS !!) etc.

DVD books COOL !! I need to get me some, actually I need to get my rump out for walks, I move ZILCH!!

And I need to get back into my spiritual life which I let go a long time ago. How does one get that back ? sigh ~

Anyways, its so good to see you feeling better today

HUGS !!
Old 09-10-2003, 02:50 PM   #8  

Thanks Leenie! Eliz
Old 09-10-2003, 02:58 PM   #9  

I am glad to see that you are feeling better Liz!!!!
Old 09-10-2003, 03:06 PM   #10  

Thanks Kemp.....hey which programs do you and hubby watch in the eve.......I find it hard to watch shows that play each week....never sure if I will catch it......Eliz
Old 09-10-2003, 04:22 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

hey gang

*hugs Liz*

My day is going pretty well and I discovered something today.My eyes are bigger then my stomach now.Me and the hubby went to a restaurant and I ate to much.On the way down the road; I got rid of it.Now that I am losing weight I need to change my thinking; the things I use to eat effect my body more now.Like greasy food and to much of it.
We went to the dr's today; to get my hubby checked out for his Cpap machine.He has sleep apnea.He has to go in for another sleep study to get the pressure of oxygen that is right for him.
They are taking blood also to check him for thyroid problems.

I hope all is well with yall and hope u have a great day.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-10-2003, 04:40 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

CIN
when u see this would u please help me.What type of vitamins do u suggest i should be taking?I am feeling extrememly exhausted at times.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-10-2003, 04:58 PM   #13  

lynnie. Be careful at how much you beat yourself up. Sometimes it will backfire on you. I am sure that if you stick with this you will be able to get everything under control. And, we are always here for you.

Liz Joe and I watch Paradise Hotel (I can hear all of your groans all the way over here) I don't know how we go into that one we just did. I usually like sitcoms so if he is around that is what we watch. Sometimes I will be a good wive and let him watch football. As far as if we miss some of the weekly shows, yes. But, they will always show reruns of them later so I know I wont be missing them for long.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:22 PM   #14  

OIC Kemp I have never heard of Paradise hotel....don't feel bad my family is watching the tail end of Big Brother......I am not proud to admit it.........what a bunch of deviants.....can't believe they can find such a bunch of misfits! Oh well maybe it makes me feel better about myself ...just a little

Lynnie keep up the good work with the losing....takes a long time to break our habits doesn't it? Have you been to the doc as well as your hubby? The doc may be able to help you with meds and vitamins. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Just got back from bike ride with dd and have the water boiling for wild rice and pork chops are in the oven....

How is everyone with kids doing with back to school? Kemp are more people at the gym? I have to get my butt back regular as well.....just that it is so beautiful out that I can't bear to go indoors...I know the winter will be long and cold......

Does anyone know where some of the oldies are?

Bye for now! Eliz
Old 09-10-2003, 05:30 PM   #15  
Divine Gal

Liz I watch Big Brother every summer when it comes on.I like to see who is twofaced...I like cussing the people out too.*blushes* But the thing I have really liked watching is Cupid..

Thanks Kemp; I try not to beat myself up to bad....
Closed Thread