Old 06-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Muslimah sisters!

Asalaam alaykoum muslimahs! I have seen a few older posts for Ramadhan, but I think we need our own thread to support each other throughout the entire year inshAllah!

May Allah facilitate our weight loss and guide us towards leading a healthy lifestyle.

Last edited by alouati; 06-16-2012 at 12:09 PM.
alouati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:32 AM   #2  
*_*
Long-time Lurker

S/C/G: 115kg/66kg/65kg

Height: 5'3"

Ameen
*_* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #3  

Asalaam alaykoum sisters, Ramadhan is coming up soon! How are you all preparing? Remember to make up your missed days fasting from last year, if you haven't already inchAllah.

Here is a great hadith in regards to eating that I would like to share with you.

One of the main principles of good health is a balanced diet. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) emphasized the habit of eating less as a method of preventing sickness and disease. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said:

“Nothing is worse than a person who fills his stomach. It should be enough for the son of Adam to have a few bites to satisfy his hunger. If he wishes more, it should be: One-third for his food, one-third for his liquids, and one-third for his breath.”

- Tirmidhi & Ibn Majah
Old 07-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 15st10.5lb/14st0lb/11st7lb

Height: 5ft7

Salaam alaykoum I am a vegan muslim have a few stone to shift
veganmuslimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:37 AM   #5  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

Assalamu alaikum sisters it's good to see there are some muslimahs here!

Hope everyone is preparing for Ramadan inshAllah. I am very excited but also nervous because I want to do this as healthy as possible.

I think we should all try to support each other through Ramadan, it would be great!

~
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #6  

asalaam alaykoum sisters! I agree, we should definitely help and support each other during Ramadan, so much fried food and sweets....! This year unfortunately I am away from my husband and his family (I'm a convert, so my family doesn't do Ramadan). On the plus side I won't be indulging in fried and fatty Tunisian dishes, I can follow my diet plan... but... on the down side, I am away from my hubby and family! It will be my first Ramadan by myself, inchAllah I will do just fine!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #7  

wa alaykum assalam alouati! So sorry to hear you will not be with your family this Ramadan We should support each other here because I am a convert too, engaged to a Moroccan so I am basically alone too! Tunisian and Moroccan dishes are somewhat similar, so I know what you mean. I will be following my diet as best as possible inshAllah and hopefully come out on top after Ramadan.

What kind of eating plans are you guys following? I am trying to eat less meat and more fruits and vegetables. Hope I can succeed inshAllah!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #8  

asalaam alaykoum! Yes, Tunisian and Moroccan dishes are similar, however I find the Tunisian ones to be a bit more spicy with lots of harissa.... but maybe that is because of the area my hubby is from, LOL.

As far as my eating plan, right now I am doing the south beach diet, so I plan on following that and adjusting accordingly. I plan on following the Sunnah and breaking my fast with a few dates, and then for my meals eating a balanced portion of veggies, protein and whole wheat carbohydrates. Instead of heavy desserts I will have some fruit inshAllah.

what about you?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #9  

salam alaykom, its really nice to see my muslimas sisters wish you all RAMDHAN KAREEM
2cheezygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #10  

RAMADHAN KARIM my sisters! May Allah accept our fasting and may Allah answer our prayers.

Feel free to post your meals in here to give each other ideas of what to eat.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:39 AM   #11  

Ramadan Karim!!!! Hope everyone is doing great inshAllah!

I am finding it hard during iftar too stop from eating so much! I really want to continue losing weight throughout Ramadan and would love any advice you sisters have!

What kinds of meals are you eating and are you spacing your calories out?

May Allah accept our fast and guide us down the straight path!
Old 07-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #12  

im having cereals with milk at suhoor and for iftar i eat salad (cabbage,cocumber etc) or sometime cabbbage soap and at night i eat a small apple. i also eat fruits in iftar sometime.and plenty of water. what you take for iftar and suhoor?
2cheezygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #13  

asalaam alaykoum sisters!

“O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)”

[al-Baqarah 2:183]

I hope you are all enjoying your Ramadhan and profiting from this wonderful month.

As far as meals, I try to eat like I usually do. Since I am away from family I don't have the temptation of sweets and over eating. I have been doing the South Beach Diet, which I like so far, so I try to stick to "allowed" foods.

Generally for suhoor I have plain oatmeal and a hardboiled egg, and plenty of water. To break the fast, I have 3 dates and a glass of milk or water. For iftar, I have a regular meal, so generally salad, some lean meat or fish, a complex carbohydrate and veggies. After taraweeh, I have some kind of fruit.

Last night I had a salad with cucumber & avocados, with whole wheat lasagna as the main dish. Afterwards, I had some grapes.

My main dishes are for iftar are something like salmon/asparagus, curry chicken w/ brown rice, some type of whole wheat pasta, or a Tunisian dish if I am feeling "homesick" LOL.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #14  
Don't give up.

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'0"

Asalamualaikum, everyone. I wish I'd found this thread during Ramadan, but just thought I'd say hello, in case anyone is still around.

Cereal for suhoor and heavy iftaars and no time for exercise during fasts didn't do me any favors in the weight loss department, alas. Now that Ramadan has passed, I hope to get back to a regular routine with healthier habits.
neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #15  

wa 'alikoum salaam sister! Sorry I had not been on 3FC for awhile, so I didn't see your post.

I lost quite a bit of weight for the month following and during Ramadhan just because I wasn't eating as much, but then I took this last month "off" and I haven't been too focused, so my weight has been stagnating, so I am back on track too!

what diet are you doing? anything in particular? I try to follow the South Beach Diet and inshAllah soon I will start adding some exercises again.