South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 04:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Wednesday Beach Chat for 09/19/12

Good morning, ladies.

Appetite seems to be holding up...actually ate 2 full meals tonight. Here's to hoping those 6 pounds are still gone, though, LOL I've decided to take a break from my admin duties at my other forum for a week or so just to bring my stress level down some.

Today I'll be getting a vision checkup for the first time in over 10 years. I'm betting that I can't count on STILL having 20/20 vision, but it sure would be nice. I'm also super impressed that it's the day before payday and I still have $100 to my name. That's unheard of!!!

What's on the agenda today, ladies??? Coffee, first and foremost, right???
Old 09-19-2012, 06:19 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Natasha, and the rest of the sleepyheads who will stagger in soon. Yes, taking a break from admin duties will help alleviate some of your stress.

Hectic day ahead so I am going to skip gym. I have an appointment for a haircut at 2 and the dogs have to check in at 4PawsInn around 4 so I have to really move it this morning. There's accounting work that must be done, laundry, packing, checking the fridge - all the usual stuff that has to happen before going away for a long weekend. This time tomorrow I'll be sitting in the plane at YOW waiting for take-off and will have lunch with Linda.

One thing I definitely don't need to do is water the garden. I've never known it to rain as much as it did yesterday. We are thoroughly soaked. It's a good thing as the lake levels were getting pretty low and the boaters were griping. The Rideau System closes Thanksgiving weekend so they only have two more weekends.

Time to grab some breakfast and make a list of what needs doing. Linda and I will be checking in on you Beachers when we are away so please behave!

Happy Hump Day!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Wednesday morning to you on this busy Hump Day. I already have my first load in the washer and my suitcase laid out on my bed.

Natasha, it sounds like you're doing well and feeling better, and I'm keeping you in my thoughts for some welcome good news very soon.

Ruth, we got a tremendous amount of rain yesterday too, I wonder if it was from the same storm? At least it stopped overnight in time to reduce the flooding, but today will be a big clean-up day with trees and debris down all over the place. We're lucky our power stayed on throughout it all.

I'm trying a new coffee this morning, Starbuck's Anniversary Blend, and it's pretty good. Want a cup?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

What kind of site are you an admin on, Natasha? Glad you're doing that for yourself! I was just thinking the other day that I do believe my near vision is not *quite* as good as it was. Sigh, I guess it will happen someday.

Have a great time packing for your trip today, Ruth and Cottage !! Where are you meeting this time?

You ladies reminded me of the flood we had yesterday...I thought I needed to build an ark there for a few hours. I need to go check on my greens, they didn't look like they were doing too well (too hot?), and I bet they're now flooded out. Oh well, they grow fast!

Not an exciting day, although I realized I need to get dinner in the crock pot, but since my beans weren't cooked in my ham and bean soup last night (blech!), I left them on all night in the crock pot...they better be soft now! So, my big decision of the day is to figure out if want to clean the hot crock pot, or just make something else..... I hope that's my biggest decision today!

Have a great one, chicks!

Last edited by TwynnB; 09-19-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm off to get my poor car aligned before heading out on the road today. It's been pulling for awhile. I suspect all those dirt roads (and maybe an occasional brush with a curb) have been tough on the car.

Need to get brussels in the crockpot before I go. Made the crockpot roasted veggies earlier in the week, what a great find. This weekend I'm trying Kalyn's sausage and kale mock lasagna. Anyone made that one yet?

Happy hump day friends
Old 09-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Cyndi - please post the recipe or link for the crockpot roasted veggies!

We host our dinner group tonight. It is about 7 or 8 or so couples who all have boys that have been friends since elementary school and are now in college. A couple of the moms had the idea when the boys left home last year as a way to stay in touch. So we'll be finishing cleaning today. And prepping dinner. Shopping is done though. DH and I are doing the protein (salmon) and a veggie and appetizer and beverages, the others will bring the rest.

Have a great day.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Yes the monsoon hit us hard too. My neighbor lost part of his pool deck and gutters on his garage. Glad we did not go to the city yesterday.

Natasha I always think I added wrong when I have money right before I get paid. Seems the more I make, the higher my bills become.

Ladies have a great trip. This is a nice time of year to travel.

I agree this is soup and chili season yum! Inown a crock pot and have never used it. Maybe this year I will be adventurous. Today I am making chicken taco soup and stuffed peppers to get me through my work week. Road are still a little slick, but will go out for a ride later today.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #8  

Ruth & Cottage - I hope you 2 ladies have a GREAT time on your trip. I guess I missed it somewhere along the way, but what's on the agenda???

Twynn - It's a general chat forum, no specific area of expertise. It's been my home for 7 years now...I was brought there by my bestfriend who started the site w/ her now ex-husband. I try not to mention it too much here...I was SO paranoid when I first came here that the staff was going to be eagle-eyeing me to make sure I wasn't just here to spam. Heck, it's what I would do on my site, LOL

Cyndi - I have yet to try kale...I'm curious about it, though. I tried quinoa (which I had NO CLUE was pronounced the way it is, LOL) for the first time today, but only a bite as it was just a co-worker wanting me to sample her dinner. I'm down for anything that can be put in the crockpot, though!!!

jekel - Funny you should say that b/c as I was driving home from the gym a few minute ago I started thinking "hmmm, did I pay my credit card bill this month??? Is that why I have extra money???" LOL

It's time for this ole girl to hit the hay. I've got a eye exam at 2 this afternoon, so now would be a good time to try to get some rest. Goodnight!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:30 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm on the run...sis is here and we're headed over to the pool side of the hill this morning. I have 31 minutes until estimated time of departure. It didn't help that sis and I cracked out the new puzzle I've been saving. I stayed up way to late.

Wow lots of rain out East. Nothing here.

Have a happy Wednesday everyone!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

*GASP*

You've never used a crock pot Jekel?!?! LOL...soon, it will be your best friend!!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

She's a crockpot virgin!!!! I love mine and have three - small normal and large. I also sometimes borrow an even bigger one that I could cook a turkey in.

Linda and I are meeting with a couple of other MODs for a few days in a house in Indiana. Of course we'll only talk about dieting and eat perfectly balanced healthy meals! We will also be online so no nonsense, OK?
Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #12  
Faith in me

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone is well! I haven't been posting much since I haven't really had time...my little boy keeps me busy! He's not feeling all that great...teething...I think his molars are coming in and it's given him a nasty little diaper rash...poor little guy...Hoping he's feeling better later so we can go out and celebrate my bday...if not I'll take his cuddles any day!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Ruth and Cottage enjoy your trip it is almost here!!!

Natasha fingers crossed for the position

Lisa Congratulations on getting married on Saturday.

to everyone else

My car is in the shop today getting maintenance I have to go pick up and then going home to change and coming back to St. Louis for Baseball game tonight- got invited to go to Luxury suite the company has can't say no to that Eating has been completely op since Friday and though I haven't stepped on the scale my clothes are fitting better so I know something is working, I will weigh in on Friday to see.

Have a great rest of the day everyone!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #14  

Good evening, ladies. I was hoping that today would bring good news after the week I had last week, but alas, I got word that I did NOT get the job. Oh well...on to the next opportunity, right??? Thanks for all the good vibes, though!!!

Ruth - I am the same way w/ my crockpot...love love LOVE it!!! Ooh, that trip sounds like a lot of fun!!! My co-admin is my bestfriend and one of our mods is an ex-roommate and another one of my best friends. Of the other mods we have, one came and stayed w/ me for a week last October...2 of them are in the UK...and the other one is an Auburn fan, but he's okay anyway. We just recently trimmed out staff, though.

HistoryChick - Sorry to hear the little one isn't feeling well. Happy Birthday!!!

Pearlrose - Thank you. I wish I had better news to return. Have fun at the game!!!

On a positive note, my aunt was moved out of ICU and into a regular room yesterday. She is doing GREAT but still has a long way to go.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaistingTime View Post
Cyndi - please post the recipe or link for the crockpot roasted veggies!
I use this recipe with any root vegetable and/or cabbage.
Closed Thread