South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 04:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday Beach Chat for Sept. 18th

Good morning, ladies!!! It appears my appetite is finally back...I had my first full meal since Friday night a couple of hours ago. Now I'm starving again, but I don't want to eat before bed. Instead I'll just drink water while I'm at the gym.

Todays plans are nothing but work, unfortunately. Anybody got anything interesting going on???
Old 09-18-2012, 06:33 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Natasha. I hope your day starts well and you get a good daytime sleep.

I actually slept until 6 this morning and it didn't even bother me to mop up two pee puddles in the back room before getting my coffee. Disney has a kidney problem and just didn't make it through the long night. Jazz, gentleman that he is, joined her. I've considered a doggy door but there are too many wild critters around here. I don't need a raccoon or skunk in my house!

It's supposed to rain all day today but I simply must go to town for some odds and ends and Disney's special $$$ dog food from the vet. Luckily there's nothing else on the schedule so I can cozy into my house this afternoon. I may sort out and pitch more summer clothes. (I actually give them away, not throw them out. I'm a real Frugal Franny!) I do have some fall pants that need shortening - than might be a good rainy afternoon task.

Raising my coffee mug (Newmans) to a productive and healthy day here on The Beach.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Natasha! I'm glad your appetite is back, just as long as you don't try to make up for not eating over the weekend. I hope your week is better than last, and that you get some good news soon.

There's nothing too interesting happening here today. Just work - running errands, getting groceries, and running the girls around to their various after school activities.
I made a delicious variation of butternut squash soup yesterday and am looking forward to leftovers today. I had planned to make tomato soup, but had to change plans when I discovered all my fresh tomatoes on the windowsill had started to go bad.

Joining you with my Newman's, Ruth. It's a rainy day here, too, but the air feels refreshing. Give Disney and Jazz a scritch behind the ears and a cuddle from Auntie Linda, would you?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-18-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Glad you're feeling better, Natasha, and hope you're taking care of yourself with such emotional stuff going on. Did you ever hear back about the interviewing?

Ruth, you couldn't get a dog door either, unless you want Jazz 1/2 mile away by AM, the little escape artist he is!

Cottage, what's your variation of the soup? Everyone at work is waiting for me to make some moroccan tagine and bringing it in...yum!

Long day at work, hopefully it is fast since we're booked. Nothing too exciting other than that. DD did get to meet the violin teacher yesterday, and she loves it. Never thought my 7 year old red head would be obsessed with learning the violin!

Have a great day!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tammy, that's wonderful that your DD is so interested in playing violin. Audrey's been playing the violin for the past 2 years and just loves it. For the soup, I cut up butternut squash, zucchini and an onion and sauteed them in a little olive oil with garlic, then added veggie broth to cover them and let them simmer til the veggies were soft. Then I added a can of rinsed and drained cannellini beans and used my immersion blender to puree it all and seasoned it with freshly cracked black pepper. It's absolutely divine!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been taking care of niggles this morning and am quickly moving towards my 3 minute jaunt to work. I've lots to do since sis arrives today and we'll head over to the Western Slope early tomorrow morning. We had snow at the Continental Divide yesterday, a mere 25 minutes West. Uh oh!

Have a great day everyone!

I'm headed down for more coffee!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

SNOW!!!! Wash your mouth, Miss Debbie!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Cottage, your soup sounds Devine I think I will have to make that

Natasha, glad your week is going a little better. I think your determination to start the year in Boston regardless of employment is fantastic. I hope you hear from the job soon. Either way I bet you will love the change.

To the rainy day chicks working today, be careful if you are out and about the weather is supposed to be severe later.

As for me the weather canceled our plans to the city. I am a little disappointed, but my scale thanks me. I kinda had a feeling we were not going so I splurged last night at Applebee's. I was just so happy to have my son actually sit down and talk to me it was worth it. We had a nice afternoon. It's sad though he admitted he likes living at his dad's better. Since the divorce dad seems to spare no expense on "toys" pool, spa jacuzzi bathroom, a boat, media room with 3d TV. Plus Joe has dad's truck to use for school, plus two hours a day on the weekends. Guess dad is paying the gas for it since Joey doesn't have a job. He doesn't care for hiscdad's fiancé or her daughter, but the cool stuff makes up for it. Oh the mind of a teenager. I love my son dearly and miss him. He is supposed to spend a few days with me next week. His dad has court and he gets really edgy so he thought it would be best for Joe to be with me those days. Joe thinks he is coming here because my birthday is next week. I know it is only temporary so I will enjoy the little time we have since he has school and I have work.

Ok enough whining for one day. Time for coffee and a smoothie then spinning. No outdoor ride today as I could get swept away in the monsoon lol
Old 09-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, lost of issues at work was on conference call until 11 p.m. luckily didn't have much going on.

Tonight is Awana at church and dropping my car off for oil change and a tune up.

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello friends I'm in a new wifi cafe for lunch, one of my on the road offices (I have no real office, at least not one I ever get to). Hoping the weather holds until I get home.

I will be back later. Quiet night of chores, cooking, and cleaning for me.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi All,

I feel so guilty that I just don't have any time to post so I'm taking the last 2 minutes of my break at work to say hi online. I'm on Ph1 trying to lose a few lbs prior to the wedding Saturday. (I actually GAINED weight from stress eating!!! Arrrrgh!!!) Currently sitting at 125 and only need to lose 15 lbs by Saturday.

Sigh.

My brain has been in a constant state of "Don't forget, don't forget, don't forget, don't forget" for the last month and a half. No matter how much sleep I get, I'm exhausted because my brain is working overtime. Thank you OCD! I think we're about done... just need to make a list of things to take on Saturday when we get married. We're ironing out the details and almost done. I'm just so tired.

Anyway, that's all the time I have. I hope everyone is well and hopefully sometime SOON I will be able to post regularly!

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 09-18-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Saturday?! WOw, congratulations Lisa, hope it is exactly the day you want it to be (the heck with everyone else ) Will be thinking of you and wishing sunshine your way
Old 09-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Predicting Mostly Sunny and 64, which is a bit chilly for the dress I'm wearing outdoors, but I'll survive I suppose. Maybe a miracle will happen.

And yes, the heck with everyone else. I say that too, at this point. This wedding has put a silver streak of 7 hairs on my head in the last 6 months. Everyone mark my words (for REAL THIS TIME): I am never getting married again. (After Saturday )

Better-Than-Real-Mealoaf, stuffed mushrooms, broccoli, and salad for supper tonight. At least I'm not minding Ph1. I've been seriously OUT OF CONTROL for the last few months. I think the cooler weather is helping.... more in the mood for soups, chilis, etc.

But I'm ready to be done with stress and just wanting to curl up with my puppydoo in my fat pants. Time to get back to posting on here, couponing, cooking, and doing things I enjoy again.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Cottage - Thank you. I tell ya, the stress diet is NOT the way to do it, but I'm hoping these 6 pounds STAY off. LOL

Twynn - Thank you. I'm trying to take better care of myself. I had a very nice, 3 hours long, heartfelt chat w/ my friend who is on this emotional roller coaster w/ me and feel much better now. I promised him I would eat if he would. Then again, he eats like a bird anyway...it's always "half" of this and "half" of that, LOL

I can't remember if I ever updated you ladies on the interview or not. I finally got to interview the Friday after Sophie Kaye was born and it seemed to go really well. I was told it was down to 6 people, myself included, and 2 were on the verge of getting cut. I believe he said they were going to try to make an offer to someone this week, but I haven't heard anything yet.

jekel - I'm trying my best to avoid going up there w/o a job b/c it feels way too risky for a 36 y/o. If I was 26, it might be different, yanno??? BUT I don't want to start the new year still in Georgia. If I have to work at McDonalds to make ends meet, it's what I'll have to do. Too many people say "I can't find a job" when, in reality, it's "I don't want to work fast food." McDonalds money is just as green as police department money...and it spends the same, too. Plus, once I get up there I won't have the issue I'm having now, which is that a lot of places aren't even considering me b/c I live in Georgia.

Anyway, off to finish up my paperwork at work. Seriously considering a couple of mental health days this weekend, but I'm on call Wednesday and Thursday and, if I were to get called in, that would mean I wouldn't get overtime. Booooo!!!
Closed Thread