Old 09-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #1  
They call me Nunu!

Height: 170 cms/ 5’7

Default Induction Flu? What`s wrong with me?

Hi everyone!
I`ve tried to do Atkins like 2 or 3 times before, but havenīt been successful and I really donīt know why, maybe someone who has more experience or more success can help me. What usually happens is that I start strong for around 3 days, I donīt get cravings during those days and I feel well and strong. But on days 4, 5, 6 (the most I`ve lasted) I feel sluggish, with no energy, craving sweets like crazy (my mouth waters like a dog when I think of a piece of bread, chocolate, pasta), I get dizzy all the time and canīt sleep at all.

I feel I am all wrong because I`ve read that usually you feel bad with cravings and low energy for the first 2-3 days and when you get in ketosis it all changes, so usually on day 4 you start feeling better, but for me itīs the other way round, I feel good until day 3 or 4 and when I`m supposed to feel better I start feeling horrible. I know I was in ketosis, but I feel like crap.. and because of that feeling I gave up. I should do this because my doctor told me to go low carb (Insulin resistance) but really donīt know what to do, I take a good multivitamin, drink like 10 glasses of water and have my veggies... can someone help??? Please?
FiftyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi FiftyFive! I'm very similar to you. Day 4 is just about my worst. For me it's huge headaches and a lot of nausea around that time. I usually need to get through the first week and that's when I all of a sudden notice I'm not feeling that bad anymore. By weeks 3 and 4, I feel pretty settled into everything, and by weeks 5 and 6, it really begins to feel like habit.

I encourage you to push through the full 2-week induction just to prove to yourself and your body that you can do it. A lot is going on in your body over that first month and your body is trying to fight it at times. Eventually it learns that this is its new reality and it adapts - but it takes some time.

You can do this!!!
davematthewsband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #3  
They call me Nunu!

Height: 170 cms/ 5’7

Thank you so much for your response!!!!
I had to restart today and I`m determined to do the whole thing this time but I`m dreading the horrible feeling... that slugginess, the lack of energy and shaking hands for me is the worse!!!
Today I have the strangest headache, like one I`ve never had, I guess it`s my body that wants carbs and sweets!
Thanks and tell me about your progress!!!!
FiftyFive is offline   Reply With Quote