South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Chat Again! Sept. 17

Why do Mondays come so fast and Fridays come so slowly? This is a short week for me as I leave for Ottawa airport late Wednesday afternoon. There's a lot to cram into the next three days. Cottage and I will be away but we will be watching!

It was a lovely weekend with a balanced mix of fun and stuff that had to be done. My To Do list has lots of things crossed off but several added at the bottom. I need an executive assistant! I'm very slowly switching over to fall clothes. I actually wore a jacket to Church yesterday morning because it was nearly at freezing! Today we will be back up to 80ºF!

Gym is first on the schedule today, some banking crud and then I may get those plants into the ground. I have a Mill Board meeting at 4:30 this afternoon (terrible time!) but have dinner from the stash planned. Only two nights to make supper this week as I'll have dinner in Ottawa on Wednesday with my pal Shirleyanne.

Time to crank up the day after another coffee. Hope you week is starting smoothly.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Beaching - Daily Chat for 9/17

BIG cup to get me started on this Monday, even though it will be a short work week for me.

I want to run over to the farm to get a few things started before meeting up with my parents at Mom's doctor at noon, then it's back to work until quitting time. The girls have today off school, but they'll be at a Fox Hunt in Virginia all day, so I'll have plenty of time to catch up from the weekend.

It's pretty chilly this morning and I'm going to start my day with a nice hot bowl of Apple Pie Steel Oats, and I'm finally getting around to making Sophie's tomato soup for supper. Looking forward to that!

So how's your day shaping up?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! I would love to be your executive assistant, can I do it? I'll be your cook too, although I'll let you make the rum cake .

I think it's a shorter day today (the boss actually cut my schedule off, since we're short staffed), so I'd like to take the pup on a run or hike while it is SO BEAUTIFUL out. I have lots of errands to do, since I didn't do them yesterday....but who likes going to 3 different grocery stores on a Monday? I just remembered our library books are also due today, and would like to go there but don't know if we'll have time.

OH! And DD gets to meet her violin teacher!! I hope she enjoys it as much as she thinks she will!

I have some strong coffee today, perfect for a MOnday!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Just read the rest of the weekend thread - Jeez Natasha , you poor thing to get more emotional news. But YAY for your aunt!!

Good morning Cottage! Mmmmm....tomato soup....
Old 09-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Ruth and Tammy!

Ruth, only 3 more sleeps!!!

Tammy, I'm glad you had a great weekend, and the weather was perfect for your getaway. Where did you stay, and where did you end up eating? Next time, maybe we can meet up someplace for a quick coffee.

Natasha, I'm sorry you had to handle some bad news, but hope all is well now, and I'm glad your aunt is recovering well.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A flyby as I take care of all the essentials before I head to work. My sis flies in tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning seems like another. use week for everyone has begun. I MUST go to DMV tomorrow or Wednesday (license expires next week oops). Taking my time this morning as the bike shop doesn't open until 10 and I need to return/exchange my bike computer. Darn thing just doesn't fit right or stay in place. After reading reviews online it seems very common for my bike frame. Guess I should have done my homework oh well.

Tomorrow is the big feast! To help stay in control everyday this week except Tuesday will be strict P1. I have not been to the feast since 2007, so I gave myself permission to eat whatever I would like tomorrow. But I will not buy anything I should not eat to bring home (let's see how well that goes lol)

Gorgeous day and I am not going to waste it cleaning the house. I know I need to do it, but I just dont want too. Then again I never do. sigh

Have an awesome day
Old 09-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I had my first workout with my mom and trainer in two weeks. Actually, first exercise at all in over a week! Yikes. I'm off to get my hair cut/colored soon, then the chiropractor. Looking forward to leftover salmon for lunch from dinner at friends' last night; I haven't made it in ages with DH's new vegetarianism. But we have guests coming Wednesday and are making salmon then, so it will be a fishy week for me

Have a great day, all.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, even though it is afternoon for some of you.

Busy as usual at work. I got my property taxes paid this weekend and also did weeding didn't clean house other than usual laundry, dishes and bathroom. I was totally on plan this weekend whewhoo

Sounds like everyone is doing well and Cottage and Ruth are counting the days

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

a quick fly by for me too. even lunch is late today. So glad it's a beautiful early fall day, the weather is making me smile.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #11  
MsWannaBSlim

S/C/G: 230/179/159 lbs

So glad it's Monday only because it's my last day of Ph 1!! Just one minor lapse - yesterday had 3 cookies but stopped myself from downing half the package - big thing for me because I'm a binger. I'm still counting the day as a success though...looking forward to weigh in tomorrow!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Geez, what an emotionally draining LOOOOOOOOONG weekend for me!!! The good news is that my aunt is doing much better. Aside from that, I've just been an emotional wreck...crying a lot, not eating...I've dropped 6 pounds since Friday b/c of that. I know, I know, I need to eat...I tried earlier and managed to eat a half a slice of pork loin before I felt sick. So I'm running on that and 2 cups of coffee right now. I did clean out my closet last night and get a lot of stuff packaged and ready for the move...it was kind of cathartic.

Ruth - Your weather sounds lke ours. I'm enjoying it being a little bit coolor, though, and can't wait for fall to get into full swing...it's my favorite time of year!!!

cottage - I don't like baked fruit, but Apple Pie steel oats sounds yummy!!!

Twynn - Thanks, hon. This past week was definitely a crap week, for sure. Unfortunately, it also taught me who my real friends are. Gotta love asking a friend to be there for you only to get an invite to the bar and then, when you say you don't feel like being around a crowd, being told "aww, you'll be okay, though." *rolls eyes*

cottage - Thank you. It's been tough, but I stood up for what was right and, b/c of that, am able to sleep well at night.

jekel - Funny you mention that, I was discussing our way of eating w/ my soon to be roommate and we decided that all junk food is banned from the house and, on the occassion that we crave something, we will go out to a restaurant or something like that and order it there so it's one portion and not sitting at the house to be eaten for days and days, LOL I'm a big believer in treating yourself SOMETIMES, just in moderation.

Lexxiss, WaistingTime, PearlRose, and Cyndi -

MsWannaBSlim - Good job stopping at 3 cookies!!! My shift begged me to make dirt cake for them last month, just as I had started Phase I (not that it would matter as dirt cake wouldn't be acceptable on ANY phase of SBD, LOL). It was pure torture smelling those oreos and cream cheese. I told them they better know how much I love them to go through that, LOL I even made sure not to lick the spatula or anything once I was done. That was hard b/c it's just habit.

Hope all you ladies are doing well. I've got 2 days of work and then I'm off for 2 days where I'll be finally getting my vision checkup and having my teeth cleaned. Fun fun fun!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Natasha when is moving day???
Old 09-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekel383 View Post
Natasha when is moving day???
Not sure just yet. Still waiting on word from the job I'm up for. If I don't have one in place by the end of December, I'm going to pull up stakes and move up there w/o one and get by working fast food or Wal-mart or whatever, LOL I don't want to start the new year out in Georgia.
Closed Thread