South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Frazzle-Free Friday Chat - September 14

Good morning. No rain yet as predicted so we can sit outside for coffee and wait for the sunrise. There are a few stars still hanging around and there's Big Easy Coffee.

There are NO tomatoes in my kitchen right now. The rest of them went into spaghetti sauce which used up not only the tomatoes but odds and ends of cold cuts and leftover steak that had been hanging out in the freezer. I feel very frugal!

Off to the gym for 7:30 and then we'll see what evolves. I may do some more sorting out of my quilting fabrics. (I actually went with a friend to a fabric store yesterday and did not buy anything! Barb could not believe it.) We have Book Club tonight which is a fun way to end the day and head into the weekend.

How does your TGIF look from this early morning perspective?
Old 09-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth! Thanks for getting us started! Wow! No fabric! Sometimes that is a good thing I'm wondering if the rain you are expecting was what we had several days ago. It was great to get things watered with no effort.

It's my "Sunday" I have to be to work tomorrow at 530am. I've decided to take that mentality today and not start any new projects but get all picked up from the last ones. That includes taking a disassembled laptop and tower to recycle and doing a major pickup in the office.

I decided to take my top procrastinated project and do it while coffee was brewing so the kale chips are already in the dehydrator. In addition to my usual almond butter, red pepper and brewers yeast....I added in a piece of beet and carrot. The taste was good and they look spectacular.
Linda-You mentioned that your kale chips just disintegrate. I have tried several different types of kale. The Lacinato (Dinosaur) kale seems to be the one variety that doesn't fall apart. The stems are smaller, too. I cut the stalky ends off to use in smoothies first.

Thinking of you Natasha!

Irina, thanks for checking in! (hope you read this)
Old 09-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth??? Are you feeling OK? Do you have a fever? I cannot believe that you went into a fabric store and didn't buy anything! That's not like you at all! Great idea to use up the rest of those tomatoes in spaghetti sauce; I used the rest of mine up in a sauce too, cooked down with peppers and onions. It was pretty tasty!

I had my first coffee on the sunporch this morning, but it was a tad chilly out there. Soon Jake will be turning on the fireplace out there for these cool mornings. Taking my car in for an oil change is first on my agenda for the day, and I'll probably spend some time with my mom & dad afterwards and maybe take them out to lunch if Mom is up to it.

Good morning, Debbie! You lost me on the kale chips. Do you add the almond butter and red pepper to it, or are you talking about your smoothie?
Old 09-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Linda, I make a coating for the kale chips. I make it in the vitamix then pour it over the chopped up kale in a large tub which has a lid. I shake it all up to coat the kale then dehydrate.
Today (approx)
2 T almond butter
6 baby carrots
beet (the size of a section of orange)
a little bit of water
2 T nutritional yeast (for a cheezy flavor)
couple dashes of curry powder and some salt.

I think the almond butter helps with the "stick" factor.

Note: I am not a perfectionist here. I haven't used beet before I'll update later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kale Chips 001 (640x480).jpg (49.9 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-14-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just planning my day and enjoying some coffee before heading out. Today will be a quieter day and will end with dinner around a bonfire. My friend likes cooking in cast iron pots on the fire so I roasted some veggies we can mix together and top with veggie sausages and cheese, hope it's as good as I imagine it will be

Ruth - What lovely way to start the day

Debbie - those chips look great. Will have to try those.

Cottage - enjoy your time with your parents

Off to the races for me. Happy Friday friends. Counting down to wine and a bonfire
Old 09-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #6  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ruthie...have not seen you drop in to visit the Worldlies lately so thought I would give you a shout out and say good morning!! You doing ok?

Hugs
Old 09-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #7  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

hello eveyone. i am back but my diet days are off the window for now. due to working like a dog and eating at work with no time to bring cooked food from home to eat my diet is off for now. i still dont eat most of the things the diet says NO to, but i have to eat mashed potatoes or things that are " forbiden"(so i can survive to the 11 hour shift).

dunno what to do casur till now i loved cooking sbd recipes but now i dont have energy or time to do.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning quick fly by as I am on my way to Ruth's for coffee then to Debbie's for Kale Chips lol

Long work week, plus a dinner Saturday and San Gennaro festival on Tuesday. No slacking on spinning/cycling this week lol. I haven't been since 2007. I already planning for the after effects. Lol

Enjoy the day
Old 09-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Rainy day here but it's supposed to move out by mid-day. DH left for Texas today for 30 year reunion tomorrow he will be back on Sunday so it will be kinda of nice and quiet this weekend though have alot of running around to do tomorrow and DD2 has a soccer game.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well
Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Debbie, I'll have to try your kale chip concoction, it looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for the clarification.

Cyndi, your supper and bonfire sound wonderful. I sure wish I lived closer!

Jennifer, LOL on the quickie fly-by!

irinaelenav, there are still ways to get around those "forbidden foods." How about taking a pre-baked sweet potato with you in place of those mashed potatoes, and can't you take a nice salad filled with beans, cheese, and lots of chopped veggies? And don't forget yogurt and fruit. That's always good for a quick pick-me-up between meals. Good luck.

Pearlrose, enjoy your DS's soccer game and your quiet weekend!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hey, all. Happy Friday!

I'm off to the chiropractor shortly. So far I don't feel any improvement, but I'm remaining optimistic. Errands to run. Niggles. Haven't worked out all week (and actually miss it) between resting for the chiro, my mom being gone (so no date with the trainer) and my foot and now my wrist acting up. Some days I feel like I'm falling apart!

Have a good one!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies...hope today finds you well. Things are looking up here...my aunt is awake and responding to verbal commands. There is a loss of strength on her right side, but she IS trying to communicate w/ family and should be coming off the ventilator soon.

AND my neighbor's lump is not cancerous, so yay!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good news, Natasha!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Natasha-That's definitely good news! I'm glad things are looking up.
Closed Thread