Old 07-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #1  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Weight Loss Buddies X

Ok Ladies, I need to get back on track. Before my back surgery and pregnancy with my twin girls, my lowest weight was 197. Right now I'm over 250 (gained A LOT with my pregnancy), was 294 right before I delivered. I was on modified bedrest at 28 weeks, and full bedrest at 36...so no walking, nothing. So, I am literally starting all over again.

Not sure how I'm going to do it this time...I don't have my trainer...he moved! Guess I will be relying on you all to help keep me accountable. I will probably do what I did last time...work on my eating first, then begin the exercise. I'm breastfeeding my twin girls, so that limits how often I can really work out...plus my chest feels so darn heavy all the time, not sure how I will get on the elliptical.

What are your plans this time around???
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

I've been trying my best to get back on track but have had some dental work done lately, so I eat what I can when I can. I've been doing zumba and walking. Not sure what plan to go with this time, but I have to find something I like. I hate having the extra lbs back

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 07-31-2012 at 08:01 PM.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:26 PM   #3  

Welcome Vicki! I can certainly relate. I just had a baby, too, and I gained a ton of weight. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and I, too, am starting all over again. I also know exactly what you mean when you say your chest is too heavy for exercise! Same here! I can't even fit into my old sports bras, so I have to wear 2 bras to get some support while I work out. I definitely think you should start exercising as soon as you can. It will help with the endorphins, give you energy and make you feel good. It's the one time I can get out of the house during the week and have my "me" time - without the baby, without the laundry and all the other stuff I have to do at home. Even if you can squeeze in just 20 minutes a day - it will make all the difference! (At least that's what a trainer at the gym told me!)

As for me and my plan, I'm doing a remote patient program with a doctor based out of Beverly Hills. He sees patients from all over the US - you can do a telephone consult by phone and he creates a unique plan for you based on your body, metabloism and what your weight loss goals are. He is very understanding, encouraging and understands all of us are different and need different things. Whether that's appetite suppressants, lipotropics injections, meal replacement programs, etc. It's pretty thorough.
NewMommy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #4  

PM me if you want his info!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey girls! Thanks for sending me the info!

I am starting over but not to the extreme. I lost 50 pounds before and put 25 back on. I got into a new steady relationship and well....thats what happens. I weighed in at 195 this past Saturday and will weigh in each week on Saturday mornings.

This time around, because my social calendar is sooooo hectic and the kids will be starting up softball/baseball again..I am going the Atkins route. No measuring or counting, just eating a whole lot of meat and watching what carbs I do take in (after induction). The standard for induction is 2 weeks, I may try to push it to 3 weeks if Im not struggling. So far so good but then again, its only day 3, lol.

You guys have some serious hurdles and road blocks to overcome but Ill push ya all the way through! :-) Good luck ladies, Ill try to check in at least once a day.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #6  

Thanks luckylindy! Question...what is induction?
Old 08-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #7  

Induction is the first 2 weeks of the Atkins diet, it goes is phases....induction, 2, 3, OWL.

Anyway, its the most strict part of the Atkins diet. You cannot go over 20g of carbs a day and it really is mainly protein, lots of eggs, chicken, seafood, and beef. The only carbs one should be eating is from green veggies such as salad and broccoli. Im NEVER hungry so I think this program may be a good fit for me. :-)
Old 08-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #8  

So....its towards the end of the week....how is everyone doing?

Me, pretty good! The amazing thing about this is I stopped craving sweets all together, NEVER want them. I made peanut butter cookies for the kiddos last night and cinnabuns for breakfast this morning and it didnt faze me in the slightest.

The only downfall, I have crazy headaches, which I read is common and will go away after a week but still, I come home and want to sleep away the headache. Dinner last night was delicious and I am going to have the same today....naked chicken wings tossed in franks hot sauce with bleu cheese dressing....um, YES, this is my diet, crazy, lol.

Are you guys having any challenges?
Old 08-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #9  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

My challenge is that I don't have time to really make myself food...the girls consume my time and then the down time I do have, I spend breast feeding or pumping to increase supply for when I return to work. I really need to get myself in gear. I will be doing the shopping this weekend and get super healthy foods...the hubby has been doing the shopping since I was 28 weeks. It's hard to get motivated when caring for 9 week old twins and a 4 year old and getting no sleep. I get 5 hours of sleep a night...going to take some time getting used to my new schedule. Really hard when I will return to work in 2 weeks. Ugh. This is gonna be tough.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #10  

I am twin mom too. I know it is tough to get time I between to workout but take it easy do some simple workouts at home until you go back to work. I am trying myself to lose over 50 pounds that I gained during preg and after my twins will be 2 .i need some motivation
twinmom140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #11  

Keep your head up girls. Although I do not have babies or twins, I do have 3 kids (now, lol, my way of my boyfriends two). It takes baby steps. Do the grocery shopping first, then pack healthy snacks a week in advance. One of the things that I started doing with this "diet" *hiss**gasp*....ahem, "lifestyle change" is making a lot of my meals on Sunday's, ie: I make mini quiche with egg, cheese and sausage, and then freeze them in individual baggies. That way I just grab them from the freezer when I first wake up, throw them in microwave at work, and then eat them at my desk. Just a thought? I know, I know...easier said than done.

Im going to touch on my TMI moment....warning, warning.

I got TOM yesterday, except, heres the problem...I have not gotten TOM in 9 years! Needless to say, I am a big baby not having dealt with this in so long. I have not worked out but 2 days this week and this just adds to my fall. I also want to weigh in tomorrow but as I did with my previous weight loss, if I feel bloated on weigh in date, I wait, to avoid frustration.

I am amazed that I am not missing carbs in the slightest. The headaches have also subsided. I am craving soda like **** but I can deal with it. I am suppose to go out to Macaroni Grill for lunch today. I have been going over the menu ALL MORNING and realized, just how bad the carb count is in EVERYTHING, even salad! But then again, this IS an Italian restaurant. I dont want to make my friends suffer for my diet restrictions.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #12  

Thanks for the explanation of induction

Vicky, you can do it! Don't feel overwhelmed, just take one step at a time. Do the twins go in day care? hope you don't mind me asking, but I'll need to make a decision soon on what do with my baby while I work. Luckily I can work from home right now, but that won't be forever.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #13  

OK so I weighed this morning and updated the ticker, ugh!!!!! Not happy at all about those numbers, but ladies we've done this before and I know we will do it again.

Lindy(kinda weird calling you that now, lol) I thought it was bad that I haven't had TOM in 3 months and got it the other day. I couldn't imagine going 9 years.

My dental work is all done for a few months. I was supposed to get my wisdom teeth out but the surgeon at aspen dental wouldnt do it because the root of one was too close to my jawbone and he was afraid he would fracture my jaw and have to send me to the er. Now I have to wait til September to see another oral surgeon. Only one of them gives me problems, I was really hoping to get them out.

Give me some motivation, gotta at least get up and walk
Old 08-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #14  

Burgundy...that is so funny because we know each other's "real names" from facebook. lol. So now you have some time to buy since you are not getting dental work, that being said, what program are you putting in place to take this weight off?

I do my walk every morning, for a while there I had to switch to bike riding because I was getting bored and found that to be good change. Today I started walking again and enjoyed it. I guess I just have to keep it fresh, besides, the different changes are all good for the body. I am signing up Gabriella for swimming next week, ok...funny story, when I was Gabriella's age, up until 14 I was on a swim team that trained for the Olympics (not everyone on the team was chosen, but I was one that they were "grooming"), anyway, this whole Olympic thing got me on memory lane and I was telling Gab, and so now she wants to try it, lol. I could care less about training her for the Olympics but if it could help towards a scholarship, that would be awesome. Im also hoping it helps me get back in the pool. :-) She is also in running club and if I had the resilence she has, Id be good, lol.
Burgundy, start out small, park your car in the farthest place possible and walk, thats how it all began for me.

Ok, NOW FOR THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! I weighed myself this week and lost 10 pounds in my first week on Atkins! Woot woot! I know its just the big "flush" but I am seriously happy. Even if its 2 pounds each week moving forward, I would be happy with that.

I have a new goal in mind. My birthday weekend in January 20th and we will be on a cruise with 8 other cabin of friends and family, so I would like to be 150 by that cruise. It would be my most aggressive goal to date but the Atkins diet is soooooo easy, I dont see any problems.

What is everyone else's goals? Short term/long term?
Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #15  

Lindy-im not really following "a plan". Just cutting out most carbs and drinking a ton of water. I walk almost everyday, gonna start adding some running in soon and I do zumba on wii. There's also a place close to where I live called lumber mans monument, there are 276 stairs there so I go down and climb back up and try to do it twice. Its hard work.

Congrats on 10 lbs. That is fantastic. I would be happy with 2 lbs a week too. Good luck, I know you can do it. You are a machine. We can both get to 150 by January!!!!!!

Vicky where are you? How are those babies?