Old 09-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/(see ticker)/155

Height: 5'3"

Smile What's for Dinner?

Anyone want to play? I thought it might be a good way to share some meal ideas and stay on track.

Tonight, I diced some grilled chicken and added some Frank Red Hot sauce. Took some large romaine lettuce leaves and filled them with the chicken mixture, added diced tomatoes and cucumber.

Just blended the cappuccino HNS with some ice/water in the magic bullet, added a bit of almond extract and cinnamon too. It's almost like a frappuncino now.
meazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Your cappucino sounds great. I poured my hot cappucino over ice and actaully just finished it. There are some leftover pieces stuck to the ice and I was thinking of dropping it into the magic bullet. I love lettuce wraps and have made a few different ones, but haven't tried the hot sauce.

I had a slice of pork loin, steamed broccoli and a slice of aunt millies bread. Not very interesting, but it was quick so I could work on a quilt.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
...but it was quick so I could work on a quilt.
My mom is a quilter as well. She's more in to the art quilts/wall-hangings right now and has some things traveling in the Hoffman Challenge again this year.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #4  

Wow, meazie, that's great. I've never tried the Hoffman Challenge, but I make a lot of quilts for Quiltmaker magazine.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #5  
Female Age 33

S/C/G: 231/193/165

Height: 5'5"

Meazie - Looks like we are on a similar path with our weight loss journey! I take it you are also on the MRC diet? I started mine on August 9th! As far as whats for dinner...Do you have the cookbook? I use mine faithfully. Some of the recipes are a lil bland.. but there are many that are also very yummy! I love the Vegetable Pizza (page 117 I think). And I also make the Chicken & Okra Gumbo a lot. Not to mention the Texas Chili and the Creamy Chicken. If I had my book with me I would give you page numbers to the rest... There are still many more recipes I can't wait to try! Congrats on your weight loss so far!!!

****I'm on the Green Menu*****

Last edited by HowdyTexas; 09-12-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Add data
HowdyTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #6  

Howdy, Howdy!

I do have the cookbook but have to alter some recipes since I can't handle some of the soup supplements. They upset my stomach...

Haven't tried the Veg Pizza but will check that out!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #7  

I cut up a big chicken breast, a big chunk of bell pepper and a tomato. Sauteed them in chicken boullion HNS. Sprinkled with oregano, parsley, and Mrs Dash southwest chipotle. Covered and cooked till done. I had some brown rice going in a pot and also some water boiling in a big pot. I dropped 2 green peppers into the boiling water for about 5 minutes. When the rice was done, I put 1/2 cup into the chicken mixture and let it all cook together for a few minutes. I put the chicken mix into the boiled green peppers and filled them to the top. I laid them in a baking dish and poured the rest of the HNS mix in the dish and baked for 15 minutes at about 350. It was yummy!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #8  
Female Age 33

S/C/G: 231/193/165

Height: 5'5"

I try to pick the recipes that require the least amount of hns.. I already need 3-4 a day on the metaslim plan so it would get expensive to cook with them all the time as well. If a recipe calls for the chicken broth supplement, I just use sodium free powdered broth from the grocery store. And make up for it elsewhere. For example the Creamy Chicken recipe (pg 230 I think) calls for 2 packs chicken broth hns and 2 pack of the creamy chicken soup hns. It says it substitutes for 1/2 clear, 1/2 creamy. So I'll only use 1 packet of each and then I can still eat a pack of creamy pudding after supper. I inquired with the center about this and they said yes it's basically the same. Hope this helps!
HowdyTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyTexas View Post
I try to pick the recipes that require the least amount of hns.. I already need 3-4 a day on the metaslim plan so it would get expensive to cook with them all the time as well. If a recipe calls for the chicken broth supplement, I just use sodium free powdered broth from the grocery store. And make up for it elsewhere. For example the Creamy Chicken recipe (pg 230 I think) calls for 2 packs chicken broth hns and 2 pack of the creamy chicken soup hns. It says it substitutes for 1/2 clear, 1/2 creamy. So I'll only use 1 packet of each and then I can still eat a pack of creamy pudding after supper. I inquired with the center about this and they said yes it's basically the same. Hope this helps!
I've done a similar thing with altering the recipes using low sodium broth. I just boost protein elsewhere Thanks for the tips!
Old 09-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
I cut up a big chicken breast, a big chunk of bell pepper and a tomato. Sauteed them in chicken boullion HNS. Sprinkled with oregano, parsley, and Mrs Dash southwest chipotle. Covered and cooked till done. I had some brown rice going in a pot and also some water boiling in a big pot. I dropped 2 green peppers into the boiling water for about 5 minutes. When the rice was done, I put 1/2 cup into the chicken mixture and let it all cook together for a few minutes. I put the chicken mix into the boiled green peppers and filled them to the top. I laid them in a baking dish and poured the rest of the HNS mix in the dish and baked for 15 minutes at about 350. It was yummy!
Sounds delicious! I was short on time last night with the kids activities and homework - always a challenge. So my standby is a salad with cottage cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers. It's quick and very filling.