Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #1  

Default Is this for people following WW on their own?

I have been a member twice. The last time was right after PointsPlus came out. So I have all of the PointsPlus info... food guide, dining out, calculator,getting started guide,Pocket guide, a tracker, and a few of the weekly handouts.

I also downloaded some apps on my phone for tracking and calculating.
Is this what is meant by "At Home"?
Me and my hubby are going to start using all of this to follow on our own. I would like to join eventually when we can afford it because I would LOVE to make it to lifetime... and maybe even work part time with the company. Just can't afford the membership right now.

I have about 60-70 pounds to lose and DH has about 40. He has no desire to join the meetings or even online.. just wants to use points as a way to limit food.
amywah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Yes this thread is geared towards those who do not attend meeting or use the online tools but anyone can jump in.

I have been following ww off and on for several years and this last round I have been doing it on my own and with the support here it seems to be working. Feel free to check out the other ww threads too there are some awesome chickies out here
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #3  
Less of a Better Me

I think there are 2 groups of people here. Some doing the formal At Home program. Those people are online members of WW only. They get materials from WW, can track online, but aren't eligible for lifetime membership benefits.

The other group of people are those who are informally following the program without being either meeting or online members.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
I have been following ww off and on for several years and this last round I have been doing it on my own and with the support here it seems to be working. Feel free to check out the other ww threads too there are some awesome chickies out here
Are you using a paper tracker or some kind of online website to track?
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #5  

I am new today.Fen 4th 2013. I am doing the old weight watchers points. I have the books.

I tried the plus points. Not liking that. I dont want to be having a whole lot of extra food or take off for my exercising to eat more. I am doing 25 minutes walking inside or out. I am in Canada so the temeratures are like Minus outside.
So have I come to the right place in here to not do wwatchers plus. I am doing 5 times a week activity. I am in my 70's not a problem that way.
CArosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #6  

Hi,rose, good to see you here! I am new also and still looking around the site. Keep up the good work!!
NBviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I am doing WW at home as well. I have done WW previously online and decided it was just too expensive for what I used it for. (only tracking)
I found this app and I think it's awesome!
it's called wwdiary if anyone else is interested.
I was told by my doctor recently to do WW because it is the best diet to follow for life. Since I did not want to sign up online again, I did a search and found this app. It is for androids but there may be one for iphone as well,. I didn't check
memoree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/266/160

Memoree: I don't think this thread is very active. It's nice to see someone posting. I would love to have more people for support. I too use a application for my points. It's called.. Ultimate Food Value Diary Plus - 2013 Edition - Scanner , Database & Weight Tracker... I use it on my Kindle but I think you can do other devices. It's been my lifesaver.
Snowtopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #9  

Thanks Snowtopper. I will check out your app! I had tried unsuccessfully several times at calorie counting/ww online but never could lose more than 5 pounds. I am a diabetic. I went to a new doctor and she told me the meds I was taking MAKE you gain weight! So she took me off of those and put me on Metforim and told me I needed to do weight watchers for life! She said it was the easiest diet plan to follow and was good for diabetics. So here I am. I guess I will scroll down further and find the more active threads

Last edited by memoree; 03-10-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #10  

Snowtopper: I downloaded the app you recommended and love it! Thank you so much!!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #11  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Memoree- You like the Ultimate Food Value Diary Plus better than WWDiary?
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/266/160

memoree: Glad you like it. It has really saved me. I love the scanner.
Snowtopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 181/176/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowtopper View Post
Memoree: I don't think this thread is very active. It's nice to see someone posting. I would love to have more people for support. I too use a application for my points. It's called.. Ultimate Food Value Diary Plus - 2013 Edition - Scanner , Database & Weight Tracker... I use it on my Kindle but I think you can do other devices. It's been my lifesaver.
I have this same app on my iPhone and LOVE it!
Sanveann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 202.6/196.4/135

Height: 5´7

Hey there I just started doing WW on my own as well. I have the 360 Kit and the App Ultimate Value Diary. I have been a member twice but the meetings just stress me out and never helped me.

I did SBD before and felt that I miss eating all foods. I just want to be more flexible and not worry what I am allowed to eat and what not.
Xena2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Memoree- You like the Ultimate Food Value Diary Plus better than WWDiary?
yes I like Ultimate much better!