Old 09-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Talking September Sassy Sisters of the Worldlie Type

Ayyyyy, you ask for it, you got it Sistahs.

Rolling out of a not too bad August into Sassy September for the Wordlie Chickee Babes. Thanks for the title suggestion Annie - I was thinking of incorporating Sassy into the title and yours is great.

Sassy the puppy is ADORABLE. Love the pictures. She looks so soft and cuddly. Her face looks like a mix - are you sure she's all Chihuahua? Glad she's a sweet girl.

Ok, let me set up the links and finish housekeeping for the new thread rollover.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

Alrighty, back again.

Last night we went out for a fish fry. Except that mine was broiled We were going to go out to one of the lakes and try and capture a picture of the "blue" moon except that I guess the butter on the fish was a bit rich for me. I really need to get in the habit of eating yogurt on a regular basis to easy up the queasy tummy issues. Not that I don't have at least 6 cartons sitting in the refrigerator waiting on me. DH is about to go off to the cousin's house who offered us a good pile of split wood that he can't fit into his storage shed. Will make for many a nice fire in the pit outside. We still have warm days but the nights are getting cool again so a fire will be nice. I also noticed that the trees give off alot of moisture at night - just like camping in the woods so about an hour after sunset things like the chair frame and seats start to get rather damp. Makes the fire all the more cozy. Anyway DH got a snap or two but wound up getting to the lake later than planned because he had to drop me back at home. He said the pictures will come out better if there is still a bit of dusk light in the sky rather than total blackness so we might try again tonight.

My Mom might be scheduled for her heart shock test the end of this week, depends on how her blood tested yesterday. He regular doc is eager to get this on with - apparently there is a heart valve that thickens up with the atrial fibrilation, if it gets too thick the heart shock (to get the heart beating back into a regular rhythm) will be ineffective so he is anxious to get this done. It's just that her numbers (for the degree of coagulation in the blood) need to be in a steady range and they have been erratic all along. Hard to decide what is the right thing to do because it's a bit of damned if you do, damned if you don't. DH too is starting to get a bit antsy with his treatment. His numbers have been very much in range with the coumadin meds and he goes every other week for blood testing. Thanks to the new medical plan in retirement, we not only pay a high price for health insurance, but also foot a much larger piece of the cost of treatment. So these frequent blood tests mean we only get to buy groceries 3 weeks out of 4 in the month :rollleyes: Anyway he is eager to get to the next step as this going to the doctor ever week it seems is getting old. My Mom is tired of the trips too because unlike DH who can pop in the car, Mom needs to bum a ride from someone as it's too hot and difficult for her to take the bus any more. I was hoping to go spend some time with her after the procedure but I'm sure that's exactly how the timing came together and I was offered a job

Not much else going on. It's quiet and sunny. I need to finish my data entry and want to organize the freezer and make a meal plan to use up some of the stuff that's been in the freezer for a while. Since I'll be right in town tomorrow, I guess I'll just pop over to the grocery store after I get out of the shop.

I'll come back later for more personals.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy...thanks for starting the new thread and using my suggestion for the title....miss Sassy is sleeping in my lazyboy chair at the moment. She has SO FAR been very good. She has pottied outside everytime. Hope she catches on and tells me when instead of me taking her out ever 30-45 minutes. That is how I trained my last two dogs and it worked out well. Hope she is just as smart.

Sassy has already reminded me of Hella B. I rolled a ball to her and she rolled it back with her nose/mouth. Several times...just like Hella B. Made my eyes water.

Sissy, Ainsley and I went shopping today...Lil Man is sick with a cold AGAIN. He is cutting about 4 more teeth. He was in a pretty good mood but still yet a lil crancky. God love him. Anyway, got hair supplies at the outlet for cosmetologist (Sissy). Then went to Walmart and got grocerices and what not.

Fixing ranch burgers on the grill even if it is raining like Isaac. Tatos in the oven. Salad with fresh garden fixings.

A little jealous.....Chris's parents are keeping Ainsley and lil man over night tonight. First time. Not bad for 11 months and I have been the only sitter. Guess they decided I needed a break...Really??? let me decide the break!

Gotta get the dishwasher unloaded and dinner started...have a marvy evening and morning.

Love and Hugs....
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Guess I have lost all track of time because I really thought today was the last day of August. Now I have to catch up a couple of days. Lucky I found out now though because tomorrow I have to get dressed up and go to an expensive dentist to talk about fitting an implant. Ouch on my bank balance. This tooth will likely cost around $7K allthough there is likely to be two teeth on the one implant since the rotten tooths neighbour is also on the way out. Ah well better make the most of today.

Shortly I will go out and dig over the rest of the vege garden and plant some carrots, beetroot and sweet corn and some more lettuce. The last lot have grown nicely and yesterday I went and sprayed them with liquid fertiliser. They should probably leap out of the ground today and the whole thing needs to watered and mulched. Then it willbe back to the hole in the ground in the front garden and get on with that although I don't see a lot happening there today because the DS2 has taken most of the power tools around to the rental house and I don't fancy trying to make a saw cut with a hand saw on a 10x2 inch solid sleeper or rather 3 of them and and some with more than one cut. I could of course always go round there and steal the circular saw. Or buy another one.

Annie - sorry if you got upset with my crack about Sassy not being a dog. In my mind unless they are over 30kilos and stand over knee high, they are not a dog and unfortunately some breeders seem to take their responsibilities to the dog very lightly and the breed is not known over here for its temperament. Enjoy the dog. Probably rolls the ball around with her nose because she can't fit it in her mouth.

Happy - thanks for setting up the thread. I guess I should get back to work if I am forgetting the time and the day. Or maybe I am getting into the wind down mode after that last contract. Sure took me long enough. Glad to hear that you have a part time job. The symptoms you are having with butter issues sound remarkably similar to those that I had when going through menopause. Listen to the gut, substitute natural yoghurt or creme fraiche for cream and oil for butter (except on toast when butter is the only thing that will do)

Since the day is getting on, better get on with it. Back later.

Last edited by Shad; 09-01-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #5  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

THANKS HAPPY FOR GETTING US OUT OF AUGUST!!
I DIDN'T WANT TO BE LEFT BEHIND!!
I HAVEN'T READ ANY POSTS YET AND WON'T BE ON FOR ANOTHER DAY OR TWO.
EYES ARE IMPROVING VERY QUICKLY BUT STILL PAINFUL WITH LIGHTS..
HAPPY WEEKEND
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Thunder boomers kept me awake till around 2.15 this morning. We got some much needed rain also. They had us under a flash flood warning and I'm sure some there was street flooding. My lawn looked green this morning for this first time in a while.

Happy
Thanks for setting up the new thread.

Hello's to every one else. Have a safe holiday.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #7  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Have I mentioned that I HATE THE ADS on this site. The interactive ads that are just waiting for you to hover over them interfere with typing a post. And I have proved it out so I know that's the case. I understand since this site is free they need to generate revenue and I'm ok with it but some of the ads are really annoying.

Yesterday we went out for Chinese food for dinner. Then we went over to the lake area where DH took pictures the other night. We were out on a small boat dock and waited and waited and waited. The moon was coming up behind a large plot of trees. We could see it peeking out on the horizon and it was nice and big but by the time it cleared the tree line it was normal sized. I need to read the manual in regards to taking night shots as none of mine has come out thus far. The night before I went to bed at 3am and knew I had to get up early today so I tried that Zzzzzquil sleep aid stuff. Works great! I don't think I was up 5 minutes after my head hit the pillow. I got a good night's sleep and am now wondering how I'm going to make it standing on my feet for 8 hours straight today. Actually I'm not sure how long I will work today or if it's just a mini orientation kind of thing. I've got to go jump in the shower and get ready so sorry no personals for now. Will try to come back later and let you know how things went.

Hope y'all have a nice Sunday
Old 09-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #8  
Annie - Indiana

Shad, Shad, Shad.....no offense taken. Too funny but you are not alone in thinking she is not a dog...hahah. She gives me much happiness and full of character....AND Curtis wanted to name her Shadow..Shad for short...we both loved the name but felt it would be disrepectful to you. She truly is my shadow...follows me everywhere. Even if she is mellow, sweet and calm, at least the name Sassy fits her owner...lol....I truly do NOT sweat the small stuff....just worry about dumb things.

Happy....glad you liked the zzzz quil. I like it myself. We were too cloudy over Indy to even glimpse at the blue moon. Sassy and I layed out on the back patio watching the clouds hoping for a view. Nadda...next chance is 2015. Boooo since the world ends December 2012...lol.

CEEG....we got about 15 minutes of rain so far which was supposed to be 3 days of rain. It all came right when I was grilling out last night. Hopefully we will get some rain today...so far...not.

MELLIE...hope your eyes and whatever else needs to feel better, feel much better. Hope you got to see the pix of Miss Sassy....maybe I will repost.

Gotta get moving, it is already 10:30 and all I have done is unload the dishwasher. Curtis went back to bed cause he got up at 5, couldn't sleep any longer. Now he is snoring. Go figure!

Loves and hugs...
Old 09-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #9  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks, Happy, for starting the new thread. Congrats on the new part time job.

Annie - Miss Sassy is adorable.

Sorry ladies, I'm not up for writing personals. Let's just say I discovered some news late Thursday night that had me unable to work on Friday. I stayed in bed most of Friday and yesterday (except I did manage to get to my hair appointment). I'm going to try and declutter today...but let's just say that trying to mend a broken heart and having important and painful discussions to try and fix an injured marriage are hard work, and I'm fairly exhausted. Of course, crying does take a lot out of a person. I'll go into the details some day...there's fault and pain inflicted on both sides.

In the meantime, can I ask for your prayers for me and DH that we can make our marriage work?

Much love,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #10  
Annie - Indiana

Miss Sassy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-08-319511.30.41.jpg (25.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg imagejpeg952.jpg (22.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 09-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

I love you Chelle, and am fighting for your peace of mind and heart...hugs sweet sister.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Woke up this morning at 4.00am all fired up about where my wallet was. I couldn't remember seeing it yesterday. Of course it was sitting on the dining table all the time. Silly me.

Dentist today - expensive one - looking to see about implants - not really looking forward to that but it needs to be done. I suspect that half of my sinus problems are related to the fact that some of my teeth are not good.

Annie - I wouldn't have minded you using Shad's name. My fatchick name is after all the same name as the dog I used to have. His name was Shad O Clover. But Sassy would have had a lot to live up to with that name.

Mel - hope the eyes are getting better all the time. Maybe you will be back with us during the week. I think I should speak with you as well - just to ensure you are not doing things you ought not to do - so maybe later this week??

Ceejay - isn't it amazing how grass greens up so fast. Before you know it you will need to mow it again.

Happy - Hate all ads but understand the necessity for them. Just hope that the powers that be realise that any ad that interferes with what I am doing at the time is the product that will be banned from my shopping basket. So far most of them are being ignored. Have to admit that occasionally I will click on some outrageous claim or other just to satisfy my curiosity. Never bought anything tho' but got a laugh or two out of a couple of them.
Good luck with the job today.

Michelle - whatever is the problem in your life, ensure you do not close the door on something that you have loved up until now. Ensure you have all of the facts before making any decisions and then weigh up the information before coming to any momentous and possibly permanent decisions. Take the emotion out of the situation and deal only with facts. It makes decisions much easier. Life is fraught with strange happenings and not all of them are exactly what seems obvious now. I will keep you in my thoughts and if you need any help then let me know.

Anyway, better get on with the shower and the gathering of courage, not long to the dentist now. Thank heaven it is a fairly early appointment and I don't have all day to sit around thinking about it. See ya

Last edited by Shad; 09-02-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #13  

Hi everyone. Just a quick pop-in.

Happy- thanks for setting up our new thread. Congrats on the new job. How did today go?? Love that hummingbird pic!

Annie - Sassy's adorable. I think it's the ears that make her look different than the typical chihauha.

Yesterday was circuit class & housecleaning. Late afternoon was a "taste of" festival in a suburb w a large Italian population. One booth has the best rice balls (Arancini). Yum.

Today was some more housecleaning & bf's mum came for dinner. We had grilled salmon & corn & Thai cukey salad. Yum. Just kicking back watching some tv right now.

Nothing planned for tomorrow 'cept for more cleaning & laundry.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #14  
Happy September

HAPPY......BANK O AMEICA, COCOA VIA & PETCO ARE THE ADS AN MY EYBOARD IS BRAND NEW....NOW DOING THE SAM THING....E RIGHT BACK...

OK I REFRESHED....YOU ARE SO RIGHT. WHAT A PAIN THIS IS GONNA BE.
IS IT THE CLOCK COUNTER ON THE BANK OF AMERICA AD???
GEEZ THE THINGS WE HAVE TO PUT UP FOR A FREE THREAD
I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR PICTURE OF THE HUMMING BIRD.
I'LL SAVE IT AND MAKE A DESKTOP OUT OF IT LATER ON.
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS AND A PERFECT SHOT!! WOW!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THAT.
GOOD LUCK AND GOOD WISHES SENT OUT TO MOM FOR HER TEST.
HOW DID THE DH DO?? SAD THE COST OF TRYING TO KEEP HEALTHY THESE DAYS.
ALSO LOVE THE NEW AVATAR!! THAT WAS ANOTHER GREAT SHOT.

SHAD....LATER THIS WEEK SHOULD BE FINE. MY FRIDAY NIOGHT IS OPEN SO FAR.
THURSDAY I WILL BE GOING TO TJ'S FOOD SHOPPING AND WILL BE IN BED EARLY.
HOPE THE IMPLANTS DON'T COST AND ARM & A LEG!!
MY MOUTH HURTS JUST THINKING OF THE DENTIST

CEEJAY........SAORRY TO HEAR YOU GUYS DIDN'T GET THE RAIN.
BUT I AM GLAD THE FIERCENESS OF THE STORM HEADED IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION
OH, NEVERMIND....I SEE YOUR NEXT POST SAYS YOU DID GET THE MUCH NEEDE3D RAIN!
HOPE YOUR TOWN DIDN'T GET TOO FLOODED OUT.

LAURA....HOPE THE NEXT INSTRUCTOR IS BETTER THAN THIS LAST ONE.
ARE YOU SURE IT WASN'T SHAD WITH THE ACCENT???
YOU DINNER WITH THE BF'S MUM SOUNDED NICE.
HOPE YOUR ARM FEELS BETTER SOON. BEEN A LONG TIME FOR YOU

ANNIE....OMG THE PICS OF SASSY ARE TOO ADORABLE.
JEN WILL FREAK WHEN SHE SEES THE NEW DOGGIE.
SOMEONE TO LOVE YOU IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD.
GIVE HER A HUG FROM ME TOO

MICHELLE....I AM SENDING YOU AND DH HEALING THOUGHTS.
LET THE PAST STAY THE PAST AND MOVE FORWARD IF YOU CAN.
YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN THRU A LOT THIS YEAR AND BOTH OF YOU MUST BE EXHAUSTED.
BE GENTLE WITH EACH OTHER IF YOU CAN

ELLEN....HOPE YOU AND THAT FAM,ILY OF YOURS ARE DOING OK THIS HOLIDAY.
SUCH A BUSY BUNCH OF PEOPLE
TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF TOO WHILE RUNNING AROUND.

MORNING LITTLE SISTERS.
THIS WEEKEND OF ALL WEEKENDS HAS BEEN FRANTIC.
BY SATURDAY NOONTIME I HAD 5 MEDICAL ALARMS AND 2 SMOKE ALARMS
AND WITH A BROKEN FLOODING TOILET THROWN IN FOR GOOD MEASURE.
WATER WENT DOWN AS WELL AS NEXTDOOR.
THE WOMAN WAS NEW AND SNOTTY. GEE....JUST THE TYPE I LOVE.
THE COPS WERE EVEN LAUGHING THAT THEY MIGHT JUST AS WELL STAY HERE FOR THE DAY.
EYES ARE ALMOST BETTER AND SINUSES ARE ALMOST UNDER CONTROL.
BUT I AM REALLY FEELING THE STRESS ON THE CHEST THIS FALL.
THE SLIGHTEST SCENT AND I AM OFF AN PANTING......
WONDER WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN IF I SEE A GOOD LOOKING MAN?!?!?
i am TAKING NOTES FOR THE DR. WHEN HE COMES THIS MONTH.
I PUT THE NEAR FAINTING EPISODE ON THE LIST TOO.
WTF WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?? I BETTER BUY SOME CRAZY GLUE.
I'M FRASSING FALLING APART.
THE GOOD THING IS THAT THE DR HATES GIVING MEDS AS MUCH AS I HATE TAKING THEM.
HAVEN'T HAD EPISODES LIKE THESS IN A LONG TIME.
HAPPY AUTUMN MELLIE!!
THAT'S ABOUT IT. I AM PRAYING THIS DAY IS QUIET

PS: MY FRIEND WHO MADE THE SILLY COMMENT ABOUT HER & I RETIRING FEELS TERRIBLE.
SHE NEVER THOUGHT HER OFFICE WORKER WOULD REPEAT IT & USE IT.
I TOLD HER WORSE THINGS COULD HAPPEN & LET IT GO.THE WOMAN GOT HER DUE &
WENT HOME FRIDAY WITH HER TAIL BETWEEN HER LEGS.

Last edited by MELODY525; 09-03-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #15  
Happy September

Happy....that Artist's Website Made Me Want To Go Out And Buy A Cabin And Put It Next Door To You!! I Love His Work. If I Were Rich...i Would Fill "my Cabin" Up With One Of Everything!!! Lol
I Was Looking At One With A Moose Calling His Mate And Thought I Saw A Puff Of Steam Coming Out Of His Mouth!!!