Old 09-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/217/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Any tips for not gaining a ton of weight while on vacation?

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has tips for trying to adhere to the menu while on Vacation. I will be gone for 10 days. I am planning on packing some bars and the HNS’s, but realize that I will likely not stay 100% on plan. I will not being using my vacation as a license to eat, but I do want to indulge in a meal or two. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
JLVMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

I think knowing that you shouldn't use your vacation as a license to eat will keep you somewhat on track. I just got back from a week in California visiting family and actually came home 1.5 pounds lighter. Stay away from the carbs as much as possible (the chip and bread baskets!) If I did not eat a bar for breakfast it was eggs and cheese with a slice of wheat toast (usually pretty easy to order at a restuarant). Ate a lot of salads - even if I ordered an entree I would have a salad first to help fill me up before the entree came. I did not bring my dressing - I just ordered what they had on the side and dipped my fork into the dressing. You probably know all this already but it really does help. Try and drink as much water as possible. I also used MRC's fat and carb blocker right before a meal. I figured it could not hurt - the product has chitosan in it and that is supposed to bind with fat and not be absorbed into your system. Warning - some folks have the urgent need to use the restroom after using this produce (but I am not one of them).

Just be mindful of what you are putting in your mouth and you'll do fine. Also remember to drink your water. Enjoy your vacation!
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

I am actually at a resort right now! For breakfast this morning there was a huge buffet, but rather than let everything tempt me, I beelined right to the items on my plan: hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, berries. Lunch also had a buffet so I put on blinders again and filled my plate just with salad and deli meats that were supposed to be for a build-your-own sandwich bar. So far so good. The travel day was really hard, though- it took too long to get through security and I didn't have time to buy a salad for the flight. I looked at the carb/fat/sugar snack box available on-board, and elected to skip it and have the emergency Aktins bar I always keep in my bag. It wasn't really enough, but I drank a lot of water and got into my novel.

Lots of water, take emergency food when you can, and make the best choices from whatever is available. Good luck!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/217/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the tips. I think you are right eggs and whole wheat toast should be fairly easy to come by. I think I will do a bar for lunch and go for salad or fish for dinner. In a few weeks, I'll let you know how I did
JLVMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #5  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

I'm on vacation now in Florida camping for 9 days and just had steamed shrimp, broccoli, cukes and celery. Yum!! For breakfast I've been fixing eggs and having a vanilla protein shake w frozen strawberries blended up. Drinking tons of water and at least 2 or 3 HNSs a day... Have some weight watcher brand dark chocolate raspberry ice cream bars when I want a treat....walking the dogs on the beach for exercise and my DH and I have been riding our bikes too

I'm motivated to stay on plan because I'm in my bathing suit daily and don't want to scare the people on the beach w a bigger belly. Lol
For lunch I've been eating deli meat wrapped in lettuce w pepperconis. Last nite had a bunless burger w jalapeños and side dish of green beans and corn.

My mind set is more protein and veggies and hardly any carbs

I feel great and not hungry
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote