South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Friday Beach Chat - Sept. 7

Good morning. Couldn't get logged in for a while so I hope this takes. It's very foggy out there and the deck chairs are damp so let's sit indoors this morning for our coffee.

I'm off to the gym for 7:30 sharp, then back here for potty break for the dogs and to freshen up a bit before I head for a quilting biddies meeting. That'll run until after lunch and then the day is all mine.

I'm actually looking forward to a rainy weekend with no social plans. I need to be a hermit for a while.

TGIF, Beachies!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I'm serving coffee on the sunporch, where it's dry and cozy and we can watch the sun come up. Come on over.

My morning is all mine, but I'm planning to get the laundry done and do some cleaning and vacuuming. I have a doctor appointment this afternoon to get that shingles vaccination, and I hope it's a quick in and out. Other than that, nothing else is on my agenda.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies! Sounds like a nice day for everyone so far. I got to move my schedule around, so I get to have breakfast with a friend, then work 9:30 - 3 ...when then kids get out of school. DH has a men's retreat at church, so I'm solo with kids until tomorrow (ohhh, hope he gets some good notes out of it!!). If the weather is nice, I might bring them to take the dog on a walk.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, no plans here either and that is fine with me. Hoping the humidity breaks soon as I am retaining water big time.

Natasha, if you check in later, your niece is absolutely precious. You look great too, your success certainly shows. Best wishes to all.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #5  
Faith in me

Good morning all!

Well I'm back on the beach...I kinda wandered off quite a bit and gained quite a bit back....however since then I have gotten married and just last year had the most cutest baby boy!!! He'll be a year old next month!! Can't believe how fast this year has gone! Anyways I started back again almost 2 weeks ago and have lost 10 lbs so far. I've got a ways to go but I know I can do this!! Hope you girls have a great day at the beach!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I did not sleep well. I had intended to set my alarm for this morning and realized in the middle of the night that I had not so woke constantly, nervous that I'd oversleep. I am off to see the chiropractor gal early this morning to see what she suggests as treatment for my pinched nerve, based on the xrays and tests she ran when I was in a few days ago. I hope she has a simple plan for just that but suspect she will propose long term treatment for all sorts of alignment things. (Yes, Doctor, I do know that one shoulder is lower than the other and has been for as long as I can remember and doesn't bother me...) I think she'd going to talk about some nutrition stuff too, based on a "sleep, pee, poop, and eat" survey she had me complete. So today I need a different kind of willpower! Must hold firm to what I think I need. (Okay, resisting the woopie pies DH bought would be great too.)

Catch you later. Have a great day.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #7  

Welcome back, HistoryChick, and congratulations on your new baby boy!

You're off to a great start with your fabulous 10 lb. loss, and keep up the good work!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Welcome back History Chick!

Karen, I hope your apppointment goes well today!

Me, working around the house and enjoying coffee! We leave early tomorrow morning so I have one more day at the pool!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I have a conference call in 8 minutes so just a quick fly by for now.

Cottage - have you made the Vegetable Quinoa Bake recently? I found the recipe via a google search and am thinking of trying it tonight
Old 09-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post

Cottage - have you made the Vegetable Quinoa Bake recently? I found the recipe via a google search and am thinking of trying it tonight
No, I haven't made that, but thanks for reminding me about it. If you make it, let me know how it turns out, OK?
Old 09-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

I've made a version of the veggie/quinoa bake and liked it. Yum.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies...hope all is going well w/ you guys. I got to see adorable Miss Sophie again today and she is just precious. I wish I could've stayed longer, but unfortunately I had to get to work.

jekel, thank you so much for your kind words. I have gotten so many compliments on that picture and it tickles me to death b/c I was literally running on 3 hours of sleep and no shower. Of course I'm also getting the "you look like a natural...are you SURE you don't want kids???" LOL Yes, I'm sure!!! ESPECIALLY considering that was asked by a close male friend who wants 9 more kids (for a total of 12!!!). LOL

I've gotta scoot b/c I'm at work and we're a little busy, but just wanted to pop in and say hello.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh, and also...I'm running home from work in the morning. Well, jogging is more like it, but anyway. It's 2.4 miles.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

WOW Natasha that is awesome. Heck even if you walked it would still be quite an accomplishment. The last thing I ever wanted to do after a midnight shift was exercise. You go girl!!!

Granted it's Friday night and I came home and was excited to try my bike on my indoor trainer. My work partner fixed it for me. Amazing how priorities change when you realize what is truly important.

Have a great tour!
Closed Thread