South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Thursday Daily Beach Chat for 09/06 - I'm gaining a niece today!!! :)

Heh heh...sorry, I just had to put it in the title b/c I'm super excited!!! I'm waiting to hear an update, but my bestfriend went in at 9 PM last night to get induced. We should have us a little Sophie Kaye sometime today. I can't wait!!!

I can't think about anything else that's going on today, so I'm making this short and sweet. Hope you ladies have a great day. Get the coffee on and pull up a chair!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Natasha, you must be beyond excited. I adore little girls and our family seems inundated with little boys lately. I love the name Sophie Kaye. Be sure to let us know when she arrives.

Just checked the weather and two decent (60 to 85) days are predicted. I'm torn between spending the next two days on Mill stuff or working outside since rain is predicted for both weekend days. Hmmm. I may do half and half.

Dentist for tooth cleaning at 11 this morning but not an hour away in the city - just ten minutes away in the lovely country. (I go quarterly and alternate between my local dentist and the periodontist in Kingston.)

Found some local spaghetti squash yesterday and am keen to try some of our recipes. When you have a huge supply of tomatoes, green and red peppers and onions, how can you go wrong? I'll report on my experiments - if they turn out!

Time for another coffee and some dog cuddling on the couch. By the way, Jazz has not escaped from the yard for ten days now so SIL Dave must have been successful in blocking his exit route. I'm sure the little guy will figure out an alternative in time.

Whats happening on your patch of sand?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Congrats to you Natasha!! I love the name as well. Keep us posted!

Ruth - poor Jazz, he'll have to find a new one . If I were you - I'd stick to home in the garden.

Speaking of garden, I cleaned out some stuff yesterday, and planted a couple of new rows of greens. My cuke is deceased, but my tomatoes are still going crazy.

I took Reese on a hike yesterday - I was afraid she couldn't run...but she did anyway!! She had a great time and certainly enjoyed herself. I've kinda put my running on hold so I can spend time with her and get her out enjoying what she wants.

For today - no time for play, my schedule is booked am I'm working until 7 (or later). I think I'll make some black bean soup this morning, doesn't that sound delicious?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's always a happy morning when a baby is on the way. How exciting, Natasha! Let us know when she arrives!

Ruth, thanks for nudging my brain that I have a spaghetti squash in the fridge that needs to be used. I guess that will be my supper tonight, too. I hope Jazz has found out that the grass isn't greener on the other side and is content to stay put.

Today should be back to a normal routine with Maggie allowed to go back to school, and it's also my Friday.

ETA-

Good morning, Tammy! I'm happy Reese enjoyed the hike and was able to run around and keep up. Black bean soup does sound good, but I can't get in the mood for soup in this sticky, humid weather.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-06-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Natasha what a wonderful way to start the day. Congratulations and keep us posted.

I froze cooked spaghetti squash. Had some tossed with shrimp garlic, chicken broth, white wine, artichoke bruschetta and seasoning. The squash was a little soft, but held up well. Next time I will under cook it prior to freezing.

Quck hello to all and have a great day
Old 09-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another busy day around here. Along with all the regular work stuff I've got the Memorial Party this weekend. I hate to admit it but I'm totally unprepared for it, not emotionally just practically. I wanted to keep it simple but I really haven't even completely planned food. Need to do that right now and shop today. Unfortunately the forecast includes rain and this is not going to be a great space if it's rainy. Oh well, it will come and it will pass whether I make myself crazy or not.

Had a great time with friends last night - bonfire, Sushi Salad (thanks Zeff, love that recipe so much), WW flatbread pizza, and a really yummy quinoa fruit salad for dessert. I'll have to share that recipe. It would be really yummy over some Greek yogurt.

Time to get Thursday moving around here.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

How exciting Natasha, so much fun.

Quick fly by for me, still doing a ton of interviewing, hired one person already and two who are leaving almost did not leave crazy and long story but they are still leaving.

Soccer tonight that is all, have a great day everyone!!! Work picnic for me today
Old 09-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Congratulations, Natasha!

I'm trying to fit everything in before we head to the pool this morning. We're headed to the dentist right after so I'd better get organized.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Auntie Natasha!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #10  

Thanks, everybody!!! Sophie Kaye arrived at 12:09 PM (funny enough, 12 and 9 are the mommies 2 favorite numbers) and weight 6 pounds 15.4 ounces. She's absolutely beautiful!!! Elizabeth did great and was a champion throughout the entire process. I'm SO proud of her!!!

Me and my new niece.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Awwwwww! She's precious, Natasha. Congratulations again!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Congratulations! She's beautiful!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #13  

Thanks, guys. She's absolutely precious. So happy for them all. My bestfriend is already ready to have another one.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Adorable and a happy Mommy too. Congrats to all.
Closed Thread