Old 08-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #25

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a beautiful day now in the 70º area and said not to get higher than 90º before the day is over with. I slept clear through the night again ~ guess all this walking added to my exercise routine has done that for me. I have worked up to a nice 30 minutes now and will hold that for awhile. My plan is to work up to an hour eventually. For someone who hates exercise I think I am doing pretty good. It is one of those things I would love to just be able to pay someone to do it for me ~ like losing weight. We can pay folks to do most anything else for us so why not those two things. We were out and about this morning and then went to Sonic for lunch. I got a dry burger and tossed the top bun. Saves some points that way. I now have some more meat to bag and freeze this day.

I am going to make that Caramel Apple Salad today for I have the ingredients sitting out on my counter except the Cool Whip is in the freezer. It is so good to eat with a Panini and this is the weather for such things. We like this salad because the whole thing is only 7 points+. I got this recipe from a dear friend of mine.

JEAN Your place will have a new look when those contractors get through with the re-modeling. It is fun to get a new look. I can imagine your cat will find a way under, through, or around that plastic before it is taken down. Cats are that way ya know. Usually our cat sleeps in Will's office chair but lately he has taken to sleeping up against the back of my legs.

DONNA FAYE I feel so sorry for you and your personal problem. I am surprised that there isn’t a med that you could be taking that wouldn’t cause such a side effect. You are certainly brave to go on a cruise with that going on in your body but it sounds like you have a plan for getting up early that will hopefully work for you. They have so many things on the market now of under garment wearing apparel that works for folks with problems like yours. Pads and undergarments that don’t leak ~ I am sure you have looked at finding something suitable for you. You are such a wonderful list maker you will have all your ducks in a row come the time of departure. I have made rugs before but out of ropes of braided material. I had forgotten about that ~ fun thing to do. I have never knitted one though. I am sure yours will be nice and color co-ordinated with your new make-over of your place that you have planned.

Have a great afternoon Magnolias and I hope your plans for the weekend are fun ones.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-31-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #2  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a "funny" day for weather -- nice and cool this morning but now is hot 'n humid once again, and the sun is playing hide 'n seek in the clouds. I made the HUGE mistake of waiting until this morning to go to the grocery store. We ended up going to a funeral visitation in Sioux City yesterday afternoon, met some friends for supper, and didn't get home until almost 10, in time for bed. Anyhow, the store was packed, they've moved some items around and I spent wasted time looking, plus the aisles were full of boxes to be unpacked. How stupid! Bob wanted to grill hamburgers so invited the contractor to eat with us. He loves to talk and knows all the local gossip. He's taped and mudded sheet rock this morning so gone until tomorrow when he'll mud some more. Having two sliding doors has really opened up the view of the back yard. Ernie doesn't know which window to look out of first.

"Gma" -- Do you use regular yarn to knit rugs? I don't think I've ever seen a knitted rug. You will have to practice taking deep breaths and counting to 10 until trip time. You are so organized I'm sure you will be fine and have all your ducks in a row when it's time to leave. Just don't lose your lists! That is my trick because I pick them up and then lay them down somewhere else when I'm not paying attention.

Maggie -- You making the Caramel Apple Salad sounded so good I am doing the same for tomorrow. Ernie ended up in the basement yesterday and he was NOT a happy camper! When the doors were in place the hanging sheet of plastic was in a roll in the floor and he acted like it was going to attack him. He finally did jump over it to get to the doors, turned around, and gave me a dirty look. We've had a stray cat wandering through the back yard the last few days; it doesn't seem afraid but won't come to me either. He/she has Siamese markings.

I have laundry in the dryer and need to take another load downstairs. Bob is washing his truck and I'm thinking the recliner with my book sound good. Enjoy the rest of your day whatever you are doing and wherever you are!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #3  
Thin Within

Talking Saturday 9-1-12

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Saturday in the park ~ I thought it was the 4th of July ~ but it is the first day of September. Yesterday I didn’t want to do my walk and was thinking of all kinds of excuses and even asked Will If I could skip it and of course he said I could. But I did it anyway and was glad for it. This is my 10th day of my new walking program and I am not ready to give it up. I just didn’t feel like walking yesterday but feel better about it today and then tomorrow, Sunday, is the day of rest. I will NOT give up on this walking program. I bash on even when my knee starts hurting. Tomorrow is pot-luck and I know how to watch what I eat at such functions now.

We went out to eat at our favorite Mexican Place today (It is Will’s birthday) and we didn’t tell anyone. He didn’t want his picture taken with that large colorful hat on and pasted on the wall. Tonight he wants to go out to, of all places, I-Hop. I got him a period type pistol he can use in the reenactment presentations he and others do at the museum on special occasions. Got to be authentic, ya know, down to the buttons on the clothes & uniforms. Now he can make a nice leather holster for it that fits with the style back then. It has a very long barrel but that is what they used back then. I prefer the snub nosed kind. Back then if I had lived in that time I am sure I would have had a little derringer to carry in my pocket and a six gun on my hip.

We got a few more pounds of meat for me to bag and get into the freezer. Today in the “used meat” bin were stew meat, cube steaks, rib eye steaks and some 90% lean ground round. I can think of several recipes I can use all of those cuts of meat in. I am so thankful I have that wonderful appliance that sucks all the air out of the freezer bags which prolongs the life of the food 5 times longer than regular freezing. No more of the “freezer burn” food that gets tossed. No more ice crystals forming in the packages. Just think if a food has a freezer life of 1 year it is prolonged to 5 years with all the air sucked out of the packaging. I don’t imagine I will be cooking any of this freezer food 5 years from now though. It will surely be used up before then. And, of course, be replaced with fresh other packages of meat.

JEAN Sounds like you will have a nice light source with those new doors. Cecil loves getting up on his shelf in front of the huge picture window in our front room so I can image how your cat will love that new viewing area. Grilled hamburgers are so good. In fact that is Will's most favorite thing. Home grilled burgers. There is a snow white colored cat with a black tail that comes to visit Cecil through the back fence. It is so clean looking I imagine it is well cared for by someone. But when he is let out he makes a bee-line to our side yard. I am glad we keep our animals shots and stuff up to date for I don't want them getting anything from their visitors.

Have a great first of a new month Magnolias. Always a good day to make a fresh start with what ever program you are following. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 09-01-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #4  

Good morning to you all! We had a whopper of a storm last night that lasted around an hour or so. Jack was watching the Alabama/Michigan game and lost the satellite feed so we just turned the tv off, then the power kept going off and coming on and going off and coming on. The thunder and lightening was loud and scary. Fortune was panting so we thought he might be scared, (I was scared it was that awful) so we put on his Thunder shirt and he was right as rain. He got up in the chair and sat with me. The thing really does work.

I am going to try and get upstairs and clean it today. I have some groceries up there that need to be put away like kleenex and such and clothes to put away since I did laundry. I also need to strip the med and wash sheets today.

The commissary had hardly anyone in it when we got there 3 minutes before opening and by the time we left, it was nuts. People were cleaning out the steaks, ribs, pork and chicken so I am glad we went yesterday as we wouldn't have had any meat to pick from. Guess people were having last bbq parties. Like I said, it was some ss checks, navy retirement payday and active duty payday and we went to check out and they had 2 checkers and one express lane open! I plan on going on the website and giving the guy who runs the place a piece of my mind.

Maggie: I know from experience, even with the knee that the more you walk, the more you can take. I never liked doing it, but I never missed a day either. Please give Will my best wishes for his birthday. I will celebrate mine on the ship this year.

Jean: Sounds like you had a busy day. I think we are going to cook ribs on the grill tomorrow as long as it doesn't rain and if it does, guess they will go in the oven. I have never knit a rug, but yes you use regular yarn either worsted, which is what you make most sweaters and such out of only you use two or three strands or the heavy bulky yarn. The yarn they used for this rug I really liked was Lily's Sugar and Cream. This yarn has been around for decades and decades. I have never used it, but it comes on cones or in those longer kind of can looking skeins. I really like my knitpicks, but this yarn is much cheaper so I may just go to Hobby Lobby or Joanns and get some. After all, they will be walked on so I want them to hold up.

Susan: Hi to you and hope you are having sunny days now!

Have a great holiday weekend. Faye THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY WE SAIL AWAY!!!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #5  

Happy Labor Day, ladies! In the high 80s today with thunderstorms. We had a bad storm yesterday, too.

I finally found new tie shoes for my orthodics. I found a nice pair of black SAS oxfords that are made so you can take out the insole and insert the custom one. I also bought a pair of Acsis walking shoes that are fushia, turquoise, silver and black...makes me feel happy just to look at them.

Saturday Glory, Sandy, Shelly and I got together for a sew day and had a lot of fun. Yesterday was housework and today I am working on the new membership cards for PPQG and I have some work I brought home from work to finish.

Faye, I know you be so organized you won't forget a thing. I hope the female issues get resolved soon.

Jean, it seems like you just opened the house at the lake and it won't be long before it's time to close it. Summer just flew away.

Maggie, I don't think sucking the air out of the package prolongs the nutrition of the meat. Even if you buy commercial vacuum sealed meat its only good to freeze for a year or the nutrition is compromised. Keep up the good work with your walking program. It pays big dividends.

Have a wonderful day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking Labor Day

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is 87º as I type and they say it will get to the high 90º and into the 100ºs this day. After all it is still Summertime until the 22nd of this month when Fall begins. I do so long for cool breezes. It has been a long hot Summer here in the ♥-Land.

We are going out to eat at Whisky Creek today for lunch and I will have my favorite there of shrimp cooked on the grill. They have 3 skewers threaded with plump shrimp served with rice that is very tasty and along with a tossed green salad ~ fits into my program quite nicely.

DONNA FAYE Yep, your cruise gets closer every day and I know you will be well prepared. What fun it will be to celebrate your birthday on the ship. I bet they will put on a celebration for you there. I wonder what gives ~ that commisary should have more checkers especially on days when folks get paid for they know they will be busy.

SUSAN Thats what I wear ~ Black SAS shoes which work great with my brace. I take out the innter sole and then add more inner soles into my other shoe and am level. Oh girlfriend if what you say is true I have been duped. However, I don’t think so for this is what the experts say: “These vacuum sealing machines work by sucking the air out of food storage bags. Oxidation causes food to rot and wither; when you remove the air, the oxidation process slows down, causing the food to perish slower therefore prolonging its nutrition life in your freezer.” Makes sense to me.

JEAN Howdy!

Old 09-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #7  

Good Morning, Flowers! We've lost our sunshine but it is more humid today so feels sticky. We are supposed to have thunderstorms later this afternoon. The contractor is here adding more goop to the seams. Bob is gimping around for the 3rd day; he doesn't know what he did but once he's up and around for awhile the leg pain goes away. It comes back at night when he lays down and is painful enough to keep him awake which isn't good. Forty-five years ago we said "I do," and 39 years ago Jason was born. I just can't believe how fast time is flying by!

We had a nice full day at the lake yesterday -- our last "hurrah" for the summer. We spent most of the afternoon out in the boat. It wasn't too hot nor windy, just nice. The kids like to ride on the torpedo, and then stop and swim awhile in the deep water where there is no seaweed. Since Jason was there to help get the boat to the lagoon, so we pulled it out and brought it home. I think the guys will pull the dock in the next couple of weeks or so. Anyhow, we were both tired last night when we got home; must have been all the fresh air.

Maggie -- on the walking exercise when you really didn't want to. Also, a belated to Will! Enjoy your lunch at Whisky Creek today!

"Gma" -- I had a nice surprise in the mail Saturday. I thought my SS check was a set amount, except for cost of living raises, because I took it early. Since I turned 65 last October I will get an increase as if I had waited until 65, plus back pay to last October. Bob says to not spend it all at once in case they made a mistake and want the $$ back. Beth has asked for a new afghan so I will be knitting/crocheting once it gets a bit cooler. I do the afghan stitch so it goes pretty fast. I made her old one when she was in high school so it has lasted a long time!

Susan -- I'm glad you found shoes that will work with your orthodics. I had to when you said your walking shoes make you feel happy! You are having a "work" day on Labor Day!

I need to round up the laundry and head for the basement. Enjoy the rest of your Labor Day!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #8  

Good afternoon to you all! Jack is smoking ribs for dinner tonight. I made bbq sauce this morning and put it in the fridge so it is cooling. I finished my chores and want to do some stuff upstairs after dinner.

I have a good start on Jay's sock and looks like the pattern is going to stripe so it looks pretty cool. I asked Jack if he would wear them and he said yes he thought so. I am hoping Jay feels the same way.

Jean: I thought your anniversary was tomorrow. I am going to have to change the date on my calendar alarm. Happy Anniversary to the both of you! I had to laugh at you calling it goop. Jack and I decided after we get back from vacation I am going to go and get paint samples and test them out in the laundry room to decide what color we want to paint the downstairs. We are leaning towards a light yellow, light green, or light gray. I found a chair on the lazyboy site and a fabric that has those colors in it so any of them would be ok. We are going to get rid of our big long couch and get two easy chairs. We are also going to put our tv up on the wall and buy one of those with an arm that you can swivel.

Susan: I am thinking about going and buying a probiotic capsule to take everyday and see if that helps with this problem. I know what is causing it, the stuff in the uterus is going through the intestines and it irritates the intestines so it causes diahrrea. I just have to deal with it. Hope you are having a great holiday weekend.

Maggie: Hope you are having a nice holiday going out to eat. It is really muggy here and sticky. I just hope we have beautiful weather when we go to Florida and the gas prices don't skyrocket.

Well girls, I need to go. Have a wonderful day. Faye
Old 09-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #9  

Good morning to you girls! Looks like more rain for us today. It is pretty gray and dreary. It is also really humid out.

I am really beginning to wonder if the neighbors next door cut and run. The owner of the condo hasn't shown up yet to clean up and get ready to rent and we have already started the first of the month. He is pretty johnny on the spot about getting it ready to rent so I don't think he knows they have moved out. They left black curtains up, I can see over the fence and I know James didn't have curtains on the windows. We shall see what happens.

I finished the shawl and now have to figure out how to block the long thing. I am going to wear this on formal night with a navy blue floor length dress, and white flowered sandals.

I have started the first load of laundry and am doing the sheets today. Jack forgot to strip them yesterday and brought them down this morning so will get them done this am. I still have my chores and cleaning to do this morning, but am going to sit and work on Jay's sock for a bit before digging into my chores.

I have to call the vets today and make a grooming appt for scruffy. Since we are going into fall, I am going to have him cut him longer, which means more frequent visits, but it will keep him warmer. I do have a ton of sweaters for him though!

You all have a great day. Hope the rest of the week zooms along. Jack is keeping an eye out on weather reports of storms and such in the Florida area and ocean. We want to be prepared for whatever. Faye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trellisshawl2.jpg (8.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg trellisshawl1.jpg (38.1 KB, 10 views)
Old 09-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #10  

Good afternoon, ladies! Almost sunny today - at least no rain so far.

I've been busy at work today so had a late lunch. Nothing exciting happening until First Thursday Bee this week. I have to take dessert so it'll be whatever Trader Joe's or Fresh Market bakes that day.

Faye, Your wrap is beautiful! I take probiotic capsule every day. It has helped me a lot. Several of my friends take them, too. Don't delay if you are going to get some because it takes a week or 2 to get the full effect.

Happy anniversary, Jean! Time sure flies. There's a picture of my happy shoes below.

Maggie, I think SAS will be by go to shoes for the future. I just need the lift in the left but the right will have a full orthodic.

Have a wonderful evening!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Acsis.jpg (4.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 09-04-2012 at 02:12 PM.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #11  

Good Evening, Flowers! Today has seemed like Monday all day! We didn't get home until 10 last night, then neither one of us slept very well. I couldn't get to sleep and Bob couldn't get comfortable. He did go to the doctor this morning; will start out taking a muscle relaxer and go from there. His foot and leg move like they are supposed to so the doctor thinks he twisted wrong when lifting doors in and out. Church money balanced first time. The gift shop money counted ok but I couldn't get the paperwork to match. I will try it again tomorrow! I know the money is right and the bank agreed with me.

Thank you for the anniversary good wishes!

"Gma" -- I need to decide on paint colors and feel like I'm always second guessing myself. I like what others choose better. You will look lovely in your shawl! I love the colors! Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't get any neighbors?!

Susan -- What exactly does a probiotic do? I don't know anyone who takes them. My granddaughters would love your shoes! Fun colors! They do look like happy shoes!

I need to put a load of towels in the dryer and call it a night. See you tomorrow!

Last edited by Jean; 09-04-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #12  

Good morning to you all! It is going to be really hot today, almost 100 and sunny. Looks like not much rain for awhile at least. Jack is keeping an eagle eye on any storms developing in the atlantic and so far so good. The two that followed Isaac went out to sea on the cold water eastern side and petered out I guess.

Susan: Love those shoes!!! I love they are now giving us bright colors for walking and running instead of just white or black or gray. I bet you are going to love them. Until I can get across the street, I am taking Benefiber again three times a day to start helping anyway. Don't know if it will balance anything since the stuff from my uterus irritates my colon causing the problem, but probiotics certainly are good for you, especially seniors, who I found out almost always have diverticulosis as they age. Most never know about it.

Jean: The dog drove me nuts last night so I didn't get proper sleep. He was up and down and up and down. I had to let him out 3 times to boot. So I am kind of pooped, but I will be ok. Get my chores done and sit and knit on his sock. I made my shawl really long so that if I wanted I could throw one side over my shoulder to look more like a wrap too. I think the colors will look nice with Navy. Won't be long and I can start packing!

I have a new list! I did a list by dates of what appts and stuff I needed to do by what date. Jack took his shirts to the cleaners and they can be picked up on Thursday. He said I could just wash them, but it was so much easier to have them laundered, starched and folded like he likes them.

There are 137 people coming to the meet and mingle now. I can guarantee we won't stay long. I thought it would be more like 40 or so. This is like going to a full restaurant and trying to meet everyone in it. Jack went to the forum site yesterday and one poor woman has pneumonia and a case of shingles to boot. I felt so sorry for her. What a combination, not being able to breathe then having those itchy burning patches on yourself. The family from Australia (2 adults, 4 kids) are leaving this weekend to come to the states. She took a suitcase and filled it with Australian candy to hand out at the meet and mingle. At the prices for bags these days, I think I would have skipped that. Their picture doesn't look like they are wealthy, but boy they are taking some trip here, two cruises and traveling cross country besides. I don't know how you afford just taking a family of six on a cruise. They seem to be really nice people though from talking to them at the forum site.

Nothing much else going on here. Just keeping up with cleaning and chores and knitting. Have a nice Wednesday everyone. Faye
Old 09-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Hot Wednesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

This is Wednesday already and I think this week is going by absolutely too fast. I have gotten a lot done so far this week so time was not wasted. Will brought home a couple dozen center cut pork chops yesterday he found in the “used meat bin” along with some Italian sausage links and a couple racks of pork ribs that I now have in vacuum sealed bags in the freezer. I know now we are not going to have to purchase a half a and half of a along with some to fill that freezer we just recently purchased for we have been getting enough meat to fill it from the “used meat bin” at the market. Pretty soon I am going to run out of room in that freezer. That’s a good thing for meat prices are steadily going up because of the lack of feed for the animals due to the inclimate weather. The price for a bale of hay has gone up considerably. Our friend in Texas is still keeping his cattle but doesn’t know for how long if the price of feed for them continues to rise.

I have had some bug in my system that slowly worked its self out and is finally gone now. I had not felt real good for the past couple weeks and not real bad either. I had Hershey squirts the other day and couldn’t determine the cause for Will and I had been eating the very same things and he was not affected adversely. I just don’t have a clue what it was but am so happy it worked its way through and out of my system. Since I hardly ever get sick this has thrown me for a loop. Like I said through ~ I didn’t feel real bad ~ just not real good. I slept in a long time this morning so I guess I really needed it. Is this what getting old is all about? I don’t feel old. I do feel so much better today than I did yesterday so I am hopeful this is the start of my system getting back to exact. I actually feel more like myself now and am a happy camper. Yep, I do believe whatever it was it is gone now.

DONNA FAYE I got a good chuckle out of your statement that those folks didn't look wealthy. When we lived out in that small place out in CA there were tons of registered millionaires and you couldn't tell them from those of us less wealthy folks. Walking around dressed just like us or worse on occasion. Sloppy sweats and such. Just folks with lots of bucks. That meet and great deal has sure grown. Guess you will just have to meet what you can.

JEAN If that is what happend to Bob then it will heal. Not a pleasant thing to hurt your back. There are so many beautiful colors to choose from these days. Hopefully one of the experts will stear you to one that you will like a lot.

SUSAN I can tell by those shoes that you have "happy feet." They are a party in themselves. I have several different pairs of shoes I can wear this brace with but the SAS are my very most favorite daily ones to wear. I think the ones I have on are my 4th pair of them. When they go on sale the local place here is going to let me know and I will get a new pair. The company out in Texas told me they would special make a red pair for me if I want.

PS: I just looked up "probiotics" up on Wikipedia to make sure I knew what I thought I knew about it. This is what was said, "At the start of the 20th century, probiotics were thought to beneficially affect the host by improving its intestinal microbial balance, thus inhibiting pathogens and toxin producing bacteria. Today, specific health effects are being investigated and documented including alleviation of chronic intestinal inflammatory diseases, prevention and treatment of pathogen-induced diarrhea, urogenital infections, and atopic diseases.

To date, in those cases European Food Safety Authority has investigated health claims that are made about probiotic products, they state that the evidence provided is insufficient to establish a cause and effect relationship between the consumption of the products containing probiotics and the claimed health benefits."

Have a wonderful day Magnolias.

Last edited by Maggie; 09-05-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #14  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a beautiful cool sunny day in my neighborhood. We had a 20 minute wind storm go through last night around 10:00. Our rain gauge must be plugged because it says we didn't get any rain and I know we did! The contractor has been here to do the texturing this morning; I helped him hang and cover furniture with plastic which took longer than doing the actual texture routine. He came back this afternoon and is putting the siding back on. I'm getting closer to choosing a paint color, or having to I should say.

"Gma" -- I hope you and Fortune got in a cat nap this afternoon. When I have a busy week or multiple things to get done, I also make a day by day, time appt. list. The large meet and mingle group might get broken into smaller groups, meeting at different times, which would be nice. I hope that you meet a few ok people to spend some extra time with if that is what you would like to do.

The electric company has been in the neighborhood for a few days checking tree branches that are close to the power lines. Today the cut 'em and make sawdust crew is here. The poles are across the street, and in our back yard, but the saws and shredder are loud; Ernie doesn't like them. Between them and the contractor banging around he hasn't had much of a nap today.

Maggie -- I'm glad you are feeling better. I hate that "not sick but not 100% either" feeling. What's weird about Bob's leg pain is that it hurts the most when he is laying down. The prescription is 1 every 12 hours so he is hoping to tell the difference tonight. Am I dreaming or is yogurt full of "natural" probiotics? It seems like I either read that or someone told me. Since I don't like yogurt I never investigated that theory.

I have laundry going and need to make a grocery list. I should have gone to have my nails done but felt like a "do nothing, lazy" morning ~~ tomorrow will be the time! Hope you all enjoy the rest of your wonderful Wednesday!

Last edited by Jean; 09-05-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #15  

Good morning to you girls. We are almost into the end of the week. In fact, Jack's first vacation day would start today in two weeks. It is sure getting closer faster.

Bad, bad night last night. I have decided to take Fortune's water up around 6 pm. I was up at 10,11,1,3 and 4. I think it is because I let him out and he goes pee, then comes in and gets his treat and goes and sucks up a bunch of water. Because he is old in dog years his bladder doesn't work as well so he needs to go more, but I need some solid sleep!! I tried to go back to sleep this morning when Jack left for work, but I woke up about 10 minutes ago with horrendous cramps so got up, went to the bathroom, took my meds and 2 pain pills. Now I just have to wait for them to kick in.

Today is clean the upstairs day so will head up there in just a bit. I forgot to tell Jack to leave the ac on upstairs so it will probably be hot up there for awhile. Just about the time I finish up there it will have cooled off some.

Maggie: Have you ever seen the show or commercials for "Honey Boo Boo?" That's the way that family was dressed so that is why I said I doubted they were wealthy. On top of that, I know she is one of those at home care givers to some elderly folks and not a nurse so I doubt she makes a lot of money. Frankly, she and her family seem a lot nicer than some of those people on that forum. A big group of them a bigtime drinkers and I am not wanting involved in that at all. I rarely, rarely drink alcohol because I don't like the taste and it gives me an immediate headache and what folks do is there business, but I don't have to sit around with them while they get soused. Jack and I doubt we stay long at the meet and mingle. It is on a Tuesday morning at 10 AM and in my opinion only drunks are drinking booze at 10 AM. I do want to meet this family very much though.

Jean: You have to eat a lot of yogurt to get a good dose of probiotics, but yes it does have microrganisms that help with digestion and such. The Activia commercial Jamie Curtis does says you should eat it 3 times a day. I don't like yogurt that much! I told Jack when we get ready to start painting we will buy several sample cans of different colors and paint in the laundry room to decide on a color. I would like to do a light green and get gray kitchen cabinets, but they might be too expensive. I know I do not want white. It is what I have now and boy do they stain easily. Hope your project is finished soon. Is Bob on Flexeril? That is what they give Jack and he can't take it most of the time because it puts him to sleep. It will knock him right out. Jack's knee gives him more trouble in the resting position than up walking. I think when you strain something or hurt something a lot of times it stiffens up when you are sendentary. Hope he gets to feeling better real soon.

Well, I guess I better get going. I have yet to block my wrap, but I haven't decided exactly how to go about it. You all have a great day today and weekend this weekend. Faye