Old 09-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Default September 2012 Chat - 40-Somethings Hangout!

Just popped in to start a new thread for September! Rode my bike 10.5 miles this morning. Yesterday jogged 2 miles and walked 2 miles and did strength training machines at the gym. Going out with the family in a few. Eating isn't great, but could be worse. Hopefully, exercise is off setting some of the damage!

Enjoy the day off for those of you celebrating Labor Day! Good luck today, everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

WOW - I can't believe it's September already!!! Thanks Guac for starting our September thread! It's going to be a FABULOUS month!!

We just got back from Florida - had a wonderful visit with my Mom, went to a spring and swam, sang karaoke, line danced...lots of fun! AND - I ran a 5K every morning in the RV workout facility - paid $20 for access, but it was worth every penny! I definitely enjoyed my wine this weekend, but ate really well - mostly fish and veggies - I'm actually looking forward to getting on the scale tomorrow - honestly, I will be SHOCKED if I'm not down. I am off of my antibiotics (for 5 days now) - so any of that water weight should be gone....at any rate, I'm definitely feeling up for the 5K this Saturday - with one exception - my daughter (bless her heart) - gave me her cold...so I'm stuffy and have that "fuzzy head" thing going on... :-(

It's all good though - if I have to take tomorrow off from running it's okay - I need a rest day anyway....

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!!! HAPPY SEPTEMBER!!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/170/145

Height: 5"3 1/2"

Wanted to say hello. I am a lifetime WW member coming back after forgetting to do everything I learned. LOL I started WW in Jan. of 07. I became a lifetime member the following August after losing 52 pounds. I am back to take off the 30 I put back on.

I plan to come here to get inspiration from others on the same journey.
lorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/262/145

Height: 5'6"

WOW guac..you just made me feel like the laziest person ever! Way to go with the exercise!

I am glad it is September...Aug was the worst month I have ever had in my life I am glad it is gone.

My goal for tomorrow is 45 min on the treadmill. Still trying to work up to a jog..I can jog for about oh 2 minutes. Then off to water aerobics for an hour. Then house cleaning...LOTS of it..all sorts of organizing that gets put off all the time. Now I have no excuse not to do it.
onmiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Hello All
Looks like I am not alone in getting back on track getting back on this month... The summer has been good to me I have relost 20 pounds and am training for a 11K Road race on Rememberance day in November. The last 3 weeks my weight loss has slowed to 1 pound a week which I find disappointing, but am hoping for some encouraging tips or suggestions on how to get thing going again.

Last edited by Izzadawn; 09-04-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #6  

Sheila22 - glad you had a nice trip! I have been on antibiotics for the past 2 weeks for a spider bite. I didn't realize antibiotics could cause bloating, but I am happy to blame my weight plateau on the medicine! Any excuse will do, except admitting to the chocolate cake I ate this weekend.

lorman - Welcome! You will find lots of support here.

onmiwei - Well, my eating hasn't been good, so the only thing I have going for me is the exercise at this point!

Izzadawn - Good luck in your goals. Sounds like you have exercise down, now you can focus on diet and what's been working and what hasn't. One day at a time!

I jogged for 2 miles, walked 2 miles, and did my strength training at the gym. My clothes still feel tight - I am wearing a size 10 skirt today and the waistband is feeling snug. I'm still going to wear it! LOL. I have been really stressed about one of my teenagers, and I have been trying to keep busy in order to avoid sinking into a depression. So far, it's been working. I think the exercise is giving me a mood boost too. However, I am giving in to emotional overeating of sugar and carbs - which ultimately makes me crash and feel worse. It's tough being a parent sometimes.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #7  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Default advise for a 41 year old single lady....

Ladies,

I have to make an admission. I am a crazy lady who decided to give this guy, who I have crazy chemistry with, another shot. I met him a year ago and we dated for a little while. I am 41 and feel like I can not be a cronic dater. I like being in a realtionship, alot. I have always felt like I didn't want to settle for anything less than who I deserved. Of course, over the years, the list of my desires has been shorted however I still struggle with having too much time on my hands and wanting to be with this person every second. This was the problem he and I had last year. He has a job that really does demand at least 15 hours per day. He also has 4 kids, which is one thing I love about him. At any rate. I started recently seeing him again and I am once again struggleing with not being able to see him as often as I would like. I think I irriated him by asking him to do something this weekend. His workweek is W-Sun right now and the hours are crazy. Some days he goes in at 3PM and works through the next morning. Some days he goes in at 8am and gets off at midnight. At any rate... I don't want to ruin things with us. I don't know what to say to him right now. When I asked him to get together this weekend he simply stated that he had his kids. I said "Ok have a blast then and I will see you soon". Now I feel like it was the wrong thing to say or ask. I should have left it alone and waited for him to tell me when his free time was... that was kinda where we left it last week. Anyway I know this is a place where we can talk about anything I don't know how to stop myself from spinning right now. Thankfully this is not affecting my eating or excercising, but what should I do??? Leave it alone. Don't say anyting else and hope it works out? I need some advise. I feel pretty immature when it comes to dating as I have never really had to do it. My relationships have always been fast and instant and long. I have never really had to wait on someone or be patient with them as far as time goes. This is a guy I really like and don't know where to go from here - I may have already f'd it up by being impatient....
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Hello Sept2012
I have been in your shoes.. Let him do his share for the relationship, seems he is uncertain or just busy. try filling up that time with a date with the girls, an art class. when he realizes your not "available" when he wants you to be he will work harder to spend time with you.

Make him Chase you....When we make dateing too easy we lower our value.
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #9  

sept2012 - One thing that experience has taught me about men - they don't change. Whether this man is making excuses to be unavailable to you or whether his reasons are legitimate - it doesn't really matter. The bottom line is that you want to be in a relationship with someone who has more time for you than he does. You are uncomfortable with the level of contact between the two of you. This doesn't mean that you are clingy or that he is a bad guy. It just means that you are in two different places in your expectations for a relationship. To me, it sounds like you will continue to feel "unfulfilled" with him. It's a red flag that you feel like you have messed up the entire relationship because you asked him if he wanted to get together over the weekend. If he is going to make you feel clingy or selfish for requesting something so normal, that's a problem. At my age, I'm not one to play games anymore. I wouldn't only make myself unavailable by making plans with friends, getting involved in hobbies or classes, etc. - I would actually BE unavailable to this guy. I would just tell him that although we have chemistry, we just aren't on the same page in terms of the amount of contact we require or are able to give to a relationship. No harm, no foul - it's just time for you to do you and get what you really want out of life!

My 2 cents for what it's worth....
Old 09-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #10  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

Guac - this actually brought tears to my eyes. I know these things. Forsure... one of the things that I have not come to terms yet is I moved to ATL by myself. Its been hard making friends and finding quality people that I want to be around (girls and guys). So when he came back I was so excited because when we are together there is hours and hours of face to face conversation which I miss so much. Don't get me wrong I love my cyber friends but having actual contract with a human being that I do not work with means the world to me right now. My family and friends are all out west so I only have been able to see them a few times this year which makes it even harder. Thanks for your input though I will take it to heart.
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #11  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Sept...as what others said; it was not unreasonable of you to ask...let him chase you!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #12  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Okay ladies, I am going to kick some butt this month!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #13  

sept2012 - I didn't mean to make you feel bad! I just think that often men show us who they are and we try our darnedest not to listen! To me it sounds like you could use a good network of local girlfriends/platonic friends. It's never good to rely on a romantic partner for your entire social outlet anyway. I think when you have other people in your support network, you are able to see romantic relationships more clearly too - because you are not so dependent on that one person for your happiness. Find ways to get out there and make new friends - heck, you are already into fitness, maybe you can join some exercise or healthy cooking classes? There are lots of local meetups for those kinds of things -

http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/ga/atlanta/

http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/events-and-programs

http://www.zvents.com/atlanta_ga/eve...nts+in+atlanta

http://entertainment.accessatlanta.c...classes+events

http://singles.meetup.com/cities/us/ga/atlanta/
Old 09-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 275/262/145

Sept-I might be a little late on this conversation but I can understand how he is stressed out. Just mention to him how you do enjoy his company, you understand his kids and job are priority. Let him know when he is available to give you a call. Then as the other ladies said go out with friends, join a club, some sort of class, ect. If he was meant to be he will find the time for you. If not...well there is something better around the corner. Remember you aren't someone's after thought.

I also understand about making friends in a new area. Being military it was always hard to meet new friends, most have friends they have had for years and one becomes secondary to them, or people don't wan to become close friends because they know you will just move....I have lived here for 8 years now and for the most part I have no real good friends. I have a few people that we are working on close friendships but they have their long time buddies and I am the one who is left out of a lot of things. I always seem to be the outsider looking in. I do have a few friends from other duty stations that have PCS'd here but it has been years since we were stationed at the same locations and we are all in different places in our lives. I think that is one reason my position was eliminated over someone who had just started at another branch. I was pretty much the only person who wasn't family friends or long time friends with most of the people who worked at all the branches in town. I was the outsider. I tried..but never fit in. I have joined clubs but still it is hard to find people who aren't "set" with their friends or who have "room" for another good friend, they all seem to have a history together. I have a few in the works but for the most part it is me and my husband and my daughter when she isn't hanging out with friends. this is kind of something I have struggle with my whole life. I used to move every 2 years as a kid. Not sure if I just have it in my mind I will be leaving soon so I am looking in the wrong places or what. It is kind of hard growing up like that then becoming a military family then all of a sudden just living in one place.
onmiwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 223/220/153

Height: 5'10"

I'm one of those who has made a commitment to lose weight over and over again during the last 10 years. What has it gotten me? About 60 pounds! I decided I've got to really make a commitment to MYSELF to make some healthy changes. My kids are back in school, and I'm going to take this school year to work on myself. I'm walking 4 - 5 miles about 5 times a week, and I'm working on improving my eating habits. I'm trying to calorie count as that doesn't require any monetary investment. As I'm not working, we need to stay on a tight budget. I need to work on logging everything I eat. Some meals are so easy, but when I make home cooked meals sometimes it's hard to estimate the calories so I try to stick to portion control.

I know I'm overeating as I've gained 4 pounds in the last month. I have to get control of this. I hate getting dressed because nothing feels comfortable. I've become frumpy when I used to be pretty fashionable. I want to feel good in my clothes again.

I'm going to check in here regularly to make myself accountable.

Last edited by cinlo; 09-05-2012 at 10:27 AM.
cinlo is offline   Reply With Quote