Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 08:56 AM   #1  

Angry Monday September8th

Morning everyone

Just a quick hello....off to get my coffee and shower and the wake the rest of the house up....dd 5 has Kindergarten today for the morning.....I am walking with a friend while she is at school.

It was a great weekend and I went to bed early last night....which is always a goal for me...once and awhile I need more than 6 six hours of sleep....how much sleep do you all live with?

OK I will check back later. Bye for now.

Eliz
Old 09-08-2003, 10:44 AM   #2  

Boy Liz with 6 hours I would be a walking zombie. I am one of those people that needs a good 9 hours to function. Sometimes I wish that weren't true but I guess I just have to live with it.

I got my bathroom ready to do some painting this week. I had to tear down some hidious border and paint a pink wall white before i get to it though. I couldn't go outside due to the fact that those bad little lovebugs where swarming all day. I was a prisoner of my own house.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

Boy Kemp I hear ya girlie! I was vacuuming up lovebugs all weekend! What color you painting the bathroom?

Liz, I think I need about 7 hours a night - sometimes I only get 6 sometimes I get 8, but usually around 7. Good for you walking with a friend. I plan to go walk at the mall during lunch again today.

We had a beautiful weekend. Both mornings it was 60 degrees which is a really nice treat here in Louisiana. I did not journal my food over the weekend so I'm sure I went over, but I'm back on track this morning.

I think Dr Phil's new weightloss book hits the shelves tomorrow. Anybody planning to buy it? My mom ordered it from amazon for "us" so I'm gonna have to wait and read it once she gets thru with it.

I'm sure Leenie was not wanting to get back to work today! hugs leenie!

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-08-2003, 11:10 AM   #4  
Average White Girl

Hello! I want go give everyone Huge Hugs! I felt so utterly horrible over the weekend, and I just hit the panic button. I crashed and cried. I didn't know what else to do. I dont' have that many firiends around here who are concerned w/ health and weight. When I did tell my fiance about it, he just hugged me, said "Get over it, you've done a lot, it could be worse. Just pick up where you left off.", then when I came back online, everyone had left me such supportive posts both here and w/ my journal entry. It felt good to write it down and get it off my chest, but it felt even better to know that people care. I have to work today, and I'm about to do my hour long walking away the lbs. tape ( I normally do the 45 min one) I have a great attitude and a positive outlook. I really appreciate everyone's help. You don't know how much the encouraging word meant to me.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:26 AM   #5  

Al sorry to hear that you had a rought time. I noticed that when I would tell my hubby agbout what was going on he would tell me the same thing yours did. I don't think they truly understand what we are going through. Keep journaling if that is what is helping.

Cathy I am paingint it a color called sharkskin. I have that in the rest of my house and I really like it. It is kind of a earthy brownish color. I am going to rub it on the wall with a rag. I have never done that b4 so I am kind of nervous. But, it is just paint to I can paint over it if I dont' like it.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:18 PM   #6  
CIN

Default hELLO gANG!

Hello Gang
Alteon.I am so happy you feel better! You go girl. Please know we all have our moments..........most arent brave enough to put it in writing!

Liz.you sound so "together".I was always like that.more structured once the kids got in school.

My husband will be home today.I am glad.he has been gone since last Weds and I truly missed his company!

I worked at 11:30 and have another meeting starting today.just thought I would buzz in and say hello.

The weather here is perfect today!

Have a good week!

Cin
Old 09-08-2003, 02:26 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

Hey gang

It was an ok weekend.I kept bouncing with my moods that is. But the weather has been great and cheers me up some.I don't really have alot to say today; I gues it being the beginning of the week and all.

Talk to ya soon.
lynnie
Old 09-08-2003, 04:38 PM   #8  

This has been a horrible week for me also. Raging depression and crazy mood swings.
I had my heart set on this job, went took the test was thrilled that that test was so easy that I finished it in half the time, only to find out a few days later that I failed - that tore me up.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:44 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally posted by hrhhyacinth
This has been a horrible week for me also. Raging depression and crazy mood swings.
I had my heart set on this job, went took the test was thrilled that that test was so easy that I finished it in half the time, only to find out a few days later that I failed - that tore me up.
Sorry to hear you are having it rough and I know its disappointing.Maybe there will be something better coming along.... Chin up... *hugs*
Old 09-09-2003, 08:38 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh Hyacinth, I'm so sorry about that Job. But I bet it would have turned out not what you really wanted. Things happen, I believe, for a reason, I bet there's a better one waiting for you. Hang in there.

Alteaon, we're here for you. I can relate to no one being able to understand how I am feeling. Its okay to crash and cry, I do it alot. We are human and we can't beat ourselfs up for feeling the way we do. Everyone is different. I'm glad your fiance is supportive, some guys arent. Your very blessed. Oh pssst. we do know how encouraging words mean to you, they mean the same to us too. Hugs to you lady !! hang in there and smile

Kem PAINT.... 5 letter work I hate. After we built our home and I painted every dang thing there, I can't even look at a paint can Have fun - NOT ICK PHOOIE lololol.. just bustin yah.

Cathy, for some reason I don't like Dr. Phil, I just have this sneaky suspision that he's all full of crap and since when did he become a diet doctor ? its only to make money, I don't think his heart is into it like Richard Simmons and WW and Atkins, diets like that. I saw his diet food on the store shelf the other day and I just cringed. Dunno ?? just a feeling I get??

Lynnie, I get tongue tied too. People ask me to post on my journal every day but geeze louise, if yah got nothing to say, then what can you say? can't beat a dead horse if you know what I mean. Yadda Yadda Yadda

There Goes LIZ.....zooooooooooooooooom !!!!!!!!!!!! she's the fastest woman I know this side of the Mississippi Liz I need about 7 - 8 hrs to have a good functional day, but I remember getting by on only 2 - 3 at the most some times less. OY what was that about lol.

Cin, your another busy bee zooooooooommm there she goes too. I'm glad hubby will be home. I don't like being alone to much either. Even if we are in the house together but separate rooms, its still nice to know he's there. Now go have some nasty fun oooh did I say that ?

TTYL, Love Leens
Closed Thread