Old 09-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Default MRC SEPTEMBER Thread

Skelley,
Are you exercising any? DON'T give up. GO talk to someone at the center. They will tell you how to jumpstart the weight loss. If you are following the diet with no cheating, drinking your water..and doing simple exercise ..you should be dropping at least a pound a week. Also, I only drink 3 protein drinks a day. I am very seldom hungry. I think you just need for them to look at your menu.. I know you can do it!
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Cmarty,

I do walk away the lbs 1 mile DVD by Leslie Sansone, my counselor told me not to do extensive exercise since i am following such a low calorie menu plan. I do this at least 3-5 nights a week. I went last friday and weighed in but didn't lose anything over a two week period. I drink at least 80-100 oz of water, I have cheated a few times but it's because i've been getting hungry in the afternoon or the evening. For some reason I'm having a hard time eating the same foods every day! I have the cookbook but nothing really appeals to me. I only have 9 weeks left to reach my goal of 147 (that's what the center tells me i need to be at ) so I need to lose at least 2.4 lbs a week to reach that. But what gets me is that i weigh in at home first thing in the morning w/o clothes and i'm always 2lbs lighter, so when i go weigh in their scales round up, so if i'm at 168.6 it goes to 169, last friday i weighed in at 167.2 at home and at the center i weighed 169. It's frustrating, my counselor told me to drink 3 MRC fruit & fiber and 4 HNS supplements, i had a couple of cookies and i put those on my food journal she just told me to focus on other things when i get hungry. Why does the cravings come back? The first 4-5 weeks i wasn't hungry at all on the yellow and blue menu.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #3  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
Skelley,
Are you exercising any? DON'T give up. GO talk to someone at the center. They will tell you how to jumpstart the weight loss. If you are following the diet with no cheating, drinking your water..and doing simple exercise ..you should be dropping at least a pound a week. Also, I only drink 3 protein drinks a day. I am very seldom hungry. I think you just need for them to look at your menu.. I know you can do it!
What kind of foods do you eat daily?
Old 09-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #4  

I eat fish, chicken, mostlly. Sometimes I have venison, steak and pork. I only eat steak,shrimp and crab twice a week. I eat brocolli, okra, and salad a lot.I also each squash.I always eat cheese and low calorie toast in the morning. I love salmon, too. They told me not to eat things like potato and oatmeal..they said I wouldnt lose weight as fast. I only do one artifical sweetner a day in coffee.I admit it does get boring> When I get really bored I try to change the meat.
Hang in there, maybe your body is stalling a little //you may see a big difference next week. That happened to me last week. I didnt lose as much as I thought I should have and this week I seem to be losing it faster.
Hang in there girl! It will happen!
I drrink the hns with each meal!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #5  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
I eat fish, chicken, mostlly. Sometimes I have venison, steak and pork. I only eat steak,shrimp and crab twice a week. I eat brocolli, okra, and salad a lot.I also each squash.I always eat cheese and low calorie toast in the morning. I love salmon, too. They told me not to eat things like potato and oatmeal..they said I wouldnt lose weight as fast. I only do one artifical sweetner a day in coffee.I admit it does get boring> When I get really bored I try to change the meat.
Hang in there, maybe your body is stalling a little //you may see a big difference next week. That happened to me last week. I didnt lose as much as I thought I should have and this week I seem to be losing it faster.
Hang in there girl! It will happen!
I drrink the hns with each meal!

thanks for the advise and hanging with me, right now you are about the only one i know that's doing this around the same time frame i am! May i will try and stay away from the starch (bread/potato, etc) and do fruit. I'm going to start fresh in the morning! Thanks for being there for me, it really helps.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Skelley, I try to vary my breakfast and dinner each day. If I have poached eggs and toast one day, the next I have yogurt and blueberries, then scrambled eggs and an apple, and then maybe cottage cheese and strawberries. My dinners go from salmon to chicken, talapia, turkey, and then shrimp. I am getting a little tired of broccoli, but even with the veggies, I try to add some variety. For lunch I always have a salad uesually with tuna, but vary the toppings, sometimes blueberries and almonds. There are times that I can't imagine eating like this forever, but I know it will be very similar to this.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #7  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
Skelley, I try to vary my breakfast and dinner each day. If I have poached eggs and toast one day, the next I have yogurt and blueberries, then scrambled eggs and an apple, and then maybe cottage cheese and strawberries. My dinners go from salmon to chicken, talapia, turkey, and then shrimp. I am getting a little tired of broccoli, but even with the veggies, I try to add some variety. For lunch I always have a salad uesually with tuna, but vary the toppings, sometimes blueberries and almonds. There are times that I can't imagine eating like this forever, but I know it will be very similar to this.
Thanks for the input, yes i can't imagine eating like this forever either but i've been told that you can add more foods but have to watch portions.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #8  
Sherry, Senior Member

Cmarty,

Well it's a new day and i actually got up early and did my 1 mile walk away the pounds video, felt great!
I had a hard boiled egg, 1 oz hard cheese and a medium organge, then i drank my HNS. Off to a good start now i just need to stay on the right path.

Thanks again
Old 09-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 349/263/150

Height: 5'4

Hang in there Skelley331.
notquittingthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #10  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notquittingthistime View Post
Hang in there Skelley331.
Thank you I'm certainly trying,
Old 09-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #11  
Sherry, Senior Member

Has anyone tried Atkins? It seems pretty close to MRC plan??
Old 09-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #12  

Hang in there Skelley..Looks like your off to a good start today. A girl at work does Adkins every year. She loses 20 pounds and then gains it back again.

They told me to exercise all I wanted. At first, I just didn't have a whole lot of energy but now I am feeling much better.

What about those fruit and fiber drinks? I don't drink these.. that seems like extra calories

AND I don't know but I always thought if you eat something with sugar in it ..it takes your body out of fat burning mode and you basically have to start again..I don't know but that is what I thought...who knows I am always telling myself crazy stuff...I am just scared to touch salt, caffiene, or sugar for fear my body will stop burning fat and I 'll have to get my body back in this mode.

I have had tremendously hard time trying to lose weight for the past 2 years. I have tried running, working out with weights for hours, even starving myself..nothing would work!!! This diet is boring I admit..but it works..if you stick to it! I do get hungry sometimes..when I do I go take a bath, drink some water,take a walk,go to bed, find something to clean...and I just focus on my goal...where I want to be..because I want to lose weight ...

I am convinced that doing without sugar, salt, and caffiene....and eating a balanced meal with enough vegetables...and also portion size has help me to get on toward my goal..WE CAN DO THIS GIRL!!

Also, do you eat everthing? You have to eat all youe veggies!!!LOL SOmetimes I just have to farce myself to eat those veggies!

Hey..Did you get a piece of paper about plateaus being good signs...It says after 7 to 10 days of being on this diet you may stop losing weight..it says not to stop and get discouraged...this is where real fat lost occurs..your body begins to retain water to maintain the shape and configuration of it cells as fat is lost. Cells must maintain a certain shape or they may collapse..this is when fat is being lost! I got a little discourage last week ..but I think weight loss has picked up this week...so let's hang there..we can conquer this fat!
Keep in touch!

Last edited by cmarty; 09-04-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Cmarty,

I do walk away the lbs 1 mile DVD by Leslie Sansone, my counselor told me not to do extensive exercise since i am following such a low calorie menu plan. I do this at least 3-5 nights a week. I went last friday and weighed in but didn't lose anything over a two week period. I drink at least 80-100 oz of water, I have cheated a few times but it's because i've been getting hungry in the afternoon or the evening. For some reason I'm having a hard time eating the same foods every day! I have the cookbook but nothing really appeals to me. I only have 9 weeks left to reach my goal of 147 (that's what the center tells me i need to be at ) so I need to lose at least 2.4 lbs a week to reach that. But what gets me is that i weigh in at home first thing in the morning w/o clothes and i'm always 2lbs lighter, so when i go weigh in their scales round up, so if i'm at 168.6 it goes to 169, last friday i weighed in at 167.2 at home and at the center i weighed 169. It's frustrating, my counselor told me to drink 3 MRC fruit & fiber and 4 HNS supplements, i had a couple of cookies and i put those on my food journal she just told me to focus on other things when i get hungry. Why does the cravings come back? The first 4-5 weeks i wasn't hungry at all on the yellow and blue menu.
I'm having the exact same problem but I'm just starting. I thought you were supposed to lose so much in the beginning but I've only lost 3.6 in week one and nothing so far this week. I'm really discouraged after spending so much money. Need encouragement.
desp2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #14  

Hang in there Skelley..Looks like your off to a good start today. A girl at work does Adkins every year. She loses 20 pounds and then gains it back again.

They told me to exercise all I wanted. At first, I just didn't have a whole lot of energy but now I am feeling much better.

What about those fruit drinks? Did they recommend them?

AND I don't know but I always thought if you eat something with sugar in it ..it takes your body out of fat burning mode and you basically have to start again..I don't know but that is what I thought...who knows I am always telling myself crazy stuff...I am just scared to touch salt, caffiene, or sugar for fear my body will stop burning fat and I 'll have to get my body back in this mode.

I have had tremendously hard time trying to lose weight for the past 2 years. I have tried running, working out with weights for hours, even starving myself..nothing would work!!! This diet is boring I admit..but it works..if you stick to it! I do get hungry sometimes..when I do I go take a bath, drink some water,take a walk,go to bed, find something to clean...and I just focus on my goal...where I want to be..because I want to lose weight ...

I am convinced that doing without sugar, salt, and caffiene....and eating a balanced meal with enough vegetables...and also portion size has help me to get on toward my goal..WE CAN DO THIS GIRL!!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #15  

This is encouraging about plateaus being good signs...go to

http://www.herbalicious.com/Plateau.html
It's coming off..our body is just playing tricks on us!

Last edited by cmarty; 09-07-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: spell