Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #1  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Default So What Are You Grilling This Labor Day Weekend?

So the thread title pretty much says it all...

Looking for some new and interesting ideas from the Ladies and Gentleman here at 3 Fat Chicks... Oh, and they don't all need to be super healthy or anything, because I'll be cooking for more than a few people that think "healthy" is a dirty word... (we all know THAT type, right? lol...)

I've got a brand new grill and a bottle of champagne that I'm gonna crack open on that baby and christen it for it's maiden voyage this holiday weekend... Now all I need are some ideas of what to set sail with...

So if you're grilling up something yummy for family and friends this Labor Day let us know... Any and All suggestions are welcomed and appreciated...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

I didn't do the meat shopping, but I think there's steak and clams involved.

I bought lots of veggies - zucchini, eggplant, onion, baby bellas. I ~heart~ my grill basket! I drizzle them with flavored olive oil, season up & grill away.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #3  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
I didn't do the meat shopping, but I think there's steak and clams involved.

I bought lots of veggies - zucchini, eggplant, onion, baby bellas. I ~heart~ my grill basket! I drizzle them with flavored olive oil, season up & grill away.
That sounds yum! I've never done clams... are you doing those on grill? Hope I don't sound like a complete moron for asking... I'm gonna go google it right now....
Old 09-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

Sorry, just got home from the weekend away. We did the clams in a steamer, but on the side burner of the grill. There wasn't enough room on the grill, anyhow. But my friend says you can grill clams; they just take up a lot of room.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #5  
Heading Downtown...

Hope you had a great weekend.... I decided to just go ahead and wing it... so I picked up some clams and tossed those bad boys on there.... I did get a couple of "What in the world do you think you're doing" evil side eye looks from some of the grilling purists, but I thought they were delish! Oh, and I hear what you're saying about taking up space... thankfully we just got a new grill that's about as big as a medium-sized SUV.... I mean this thing should have separate zip codes...!!! It actually has built in rotisserie spits for two chickens... so thats what I did for dinner tonight and they came out great... I also grilled up some big thick juicy watermelon slices and served them up with a little bit of balsamic glaze, along with some other grilled fruits like mangos and peaches...Oh, and lots of different veggies too... and everybody raved about them...

Thanks once again for the great idea...SK
Old 09-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #6  
Shrinking Chick

Glad you went for it and grilled the clams! We never got to the steaks - had chicken, the clams, kielbasa, and more chicken.

I love grilled fruit, too. Pineapple is my favorite.