Old 08-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #24

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

We are fixing to be up in the 90º this day with isolated thunderstorms and the rest of the week with a very low chance of rain, so they say. We want rain. I haven’t done much yet this day but do have dinner in the crock pot. At least the meat part anyway. I am cooking a tri-tip coated with a package of dry onion soup and some wine to tenderize it. This is the mate to the other one we BBQed awhile back that was as tough as shoe leather. This one will certainly turn out tender after being slow cooked all day. I think I will give Will a call to pick up some tortillas and I can make a few burritos with the left- overs and freeze them for a quick lunch one day. I am not in the mood to make tortillas this day and there are some good tasting ones on the market now with low points.

It is just now noon thirty and I am thinking about having a container of Greek yogurt for my lunch with some of the WW oatmeal cereal in it and crunchy celery sticks. Yep that sounds like a plan. Tonight with the roast I will fix some of my rice mix and some baked beans along with a fresh tossed salad. So the yogurt mix right now will be a good low point lunch that should hold me till dinner time. I have some cuties still that will make a good snack if I need one later on. That’s the plan for my food intake this day. I will walk and do some (not much but some) weight lifting for my exercise. I am still easing into this exercise thing. So far I haven’t hurt myself in the process so I am bashing on little by little ~ wins the race. I am not in a contest with anyone but myself. BTW did you know that 2 Tbsp of Seasoned Croutons is only 1P+ ~ yeppers ~ that is a whole of a cup. They are so good sprinkled on top of a cup of soup. I like the crunch. I am more of a crunchy person than a creamy one. I like crunchy much better than creamy, much better. And I do like a few bacon bits sprinkled on julienned green beans that have been spritzed with “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter.” So by now any of you who ever want to cook for me know at least some of what I like. Life is good.

JEAN Oh, yes, we have to be price conscious. We can get some things at the "Dollar Store" that are even cheaper than Wal*Mart and some things are iffy. We like the "Dollar Store" for dry onion soup and such for they are always cheaper there and they have dog treats that lists the first ingredient as protein so we buy them for our dogs. Wal*Mart is cheaper in meat and their meat is mostly better than at the other markets in town. Go figure. The tri-tip I am cooking today didn't come from Wal*Mart. Wal*Mart also doesn't carry some of the items we use so we do have to shop for them at the local market like the brand of Bread & Butter pickels and olives stuffed with jalapeno slices. The important stuff. Also some other things besides condiments. It is hard to do one stop shopping for food around here anyway.

DONNA FAYE I can't say I have ever even heard of barramundi fish. Wonder if it is known for a different name ~ I will have to research it. I will never eat a snail ~ slimey little things that eat geraniums. There are plenty of other things for me to eat and if others want to eat them fine. There are lots of strange foods out there and I don't have to even try them if the thought of eating them makes me shudder. Different strokes for different folks. I have been where snales were served and politely declined with out making any "rude" comments. I won't eat fish eyes either.

I am back after looking up barramundi fish: There are two kinds of it ~ one is a Cod and one is a Sea Bass.

Have a wonderful day Magnolias.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #2  

I'm baaccckkkk! I'm having one of those days where the hurrier I go, the behinder I get! I just go from one thing to another without finishing anything. Makes me mad so don't know why I do that.

Maggie -- Your menu always sound so good! I'd rather have you cook for me! I prefer having crunch too! Have you ever put popcorn in your soup? I've not tried it but my WW leader does that all the time, rather than crackers. I never thought about using croutons. Good idea. I didn't know that snails liked geraniums, nor that people would eat fish eyes. Yuck! I learned two new things today! Thanks for starting the new thread.

I need to get busy and do some serious vacuuming. Hope you all are enjoying a terrific Thursday!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #3  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Friday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I hope we get more rain today. We got some last evening and through the night, and it was sure welcomed. Let the come down. We closed the doggie door early because Beanie likes to frolic in rain & hail and will come in wet & stinking from his play. The hail, when it hits so hard, could actually hurt him. We weren’t having any of it last evening but the rain came down at a good pace.

I just have to say that Greek yogurt is yummy with a couple spoonfuls of the WW oatmeal cereal and a few blueberries in it for a breakfast or lunch. Low point, yummy and sticks with me. I have a large variety of dried fruit so I can change up on the flavors. The roast turned out nice and tender from cooking it all day in the crock pot. I will make burritos today out of the leftover meat, beans, & rice. I will also add a bit of shredded light cheddar and salsa.

Will wants to call out for pizza for dinner this day so I will eat light till then. I can have two nice slices of pizza if I plan for it in advance. One slice of the meat lovers hand tossed is 8P+. I can deal. I really appreciate that he let me know last evening that he wanted pizza instead of waiting till time to order it. He is a help to my program.

Schwans® man came this morning and I hadn’t placed an on line order so Will bought a few things and I wonder what they were and am hesitating to ask. He usually does pretty good when he buys though, for he is also trying to lose weight and knows the things I like to have on hand. I am going to make a pot of Chili Verde next week and make some more burritos. A bowl (6P+) of it is good to eat with a nice tortilla though. I have a recipe that uses pork and another that uses chicken and both are yummy. If any of you want one of the recipes or both let me know. The is from WW and the from Cooking Light.

I haven’t been using my pedometer for my walk though. I thought I would wait until I have worked up to more minutes of walking to use it. I am really interested in getting one of the WW thumb drive things when they go on sale. The leader showed it to us last Monday and it is trick. It not only records walking but has other functions and you plug it into your computer for the read out. I want one but will just have to wait until they are on sale ~ probably when the new program comes out in November. In the meantime I will keep recording my minutes of walking in the booklet I made for that purpose. I have been faithful and done it for 3 days so far this week ~ started on Tuesday. I’ll go walking when I finish here.

JEAN Yes I have put popcorn in tomato soup before and it is good. I need to try it in other soups also but don't always have any left over or just sitting around to do that. However, I could purposely save some of the poped corn some evening for soup the next day. Or pop some fresh for that fact. Anyway it is a great idea. I could season the popcorn to taste like the croutons. I do try always to finish one thing before going to another for I have found it works better for me if I do that. I prioritize a list of what I want to accomplish in a day and try my best to follow it. Each person needs to find what works best for them to get things done. Has your WW leader shown you the new thumb drive device they are having the leaders try out before they sell them at meetings?

I am off now to do some walking. Have a wonderful day Magnolias.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-24-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! Bob left for Canada this morning, and I have been wide awake since 3 AM -- he left at 3:30! I couldn't sleep last night (headache and stuffy nose) so went downstairs to the recliner. Slept good for a couple hours but think I may need a catnap later. I had my nails done first thing this morning and ran a few more errands. It is more humid although not as hot today; wind still blowing though.

Maggie -- Send some rain my way! The weatherman did say thunderstorms during the night tonight but not to expect much rain. I haven't seen the WW thumb drive thing since I haven't stayed for a meeting lately. It seems like we are last to get whatever is new to the program. We still don't have computers so the receptionist and leader have to use the old paper and pen method. They do have locked storage so don't have to haul boxes in each week. Enjoy your pizza!

The mailman just went by so guess I will go and see what piece of political news we got today. I sure don't understand why either candidate is spending money on a nominating campaign. What a waste of money imo!

Hope you all have an enjoyable rest of the day!

Last edited by Jean; 08-24-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #5  

Good morning, ladies. 73 degrees and pouring a hard rain right now. It's rained every day this week.

Thursday was my 20th anniversary at work and the boss took us all to dinner last night. I got to choose so we went to Nawab which is an Indian restaurant. I had a mixed grill which had chicken, beef, lamb, goat, scallops and shrimp. It was served with rice and vegetables and so very good.

Yesterday was ago English paper piecing bee and we had a really good time. It looks like everyone is back from summer vacation and we were all there.

Today Sandy and I are going to lunch and then do some shopping. I have to get a pair of oxford type dress shoes for my appointment for my shoe orthodics is next Friday.

Maggie, the WW thumb is sort of like my FitBit I was given to do the walking research study except I just have to pass within 15 feet of the computer and it records. I love it. Congratuations on moving more. It is important.

Jean, I'd love to send you all our rain for a couple of days. It seems everytime we have a long holiday weekend it rains. Summer passed so fast this year.

Hi, Faye!

Have a wonderful day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #6  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a cool (66 degrees) rainy morning in my neighborhood with .65" of gentle rain so far. I got up at my usual 6 AM time, dressed, make-up, and hair combed thinking the contractor would be here bright and early like he usually is. Silly me -- I forgot . . . . never "assume" anything! Rumor has it the electrician will come Monday morning; he never calls but just shows up. I leave at 7:30 and lock all the doors so he may be in for a surprise.

Susan -- on your 20 year anniversary at work! It was nice of your boss to treat everyone to dinner in your honor. When one stops to think about it, that is a long time to perhaps drive the same route, sit in the same office, work with the same people, doing the same work. I know every day is a bit different but yet they are similar. I know when I drive by the high school it doesn't seem possible I was there for 18 years. I visited the school website and looked at the staff pictures. When I subbed I knew almost all of the teachers in all four grade schools, the junior high, and high school. Now I know very few, and there are even a few new ones at the high school. Enjoy your lunch and shopping with Sandy; I hope you find the shoes you need.

Maggie -- Thanks for the rain!

"Gma" -- Hope all is ok with you and Jack!

I have a load of laundry ready to go downstairs and need to vacuum the laundry room. Ernie got a little wild flipping kitty litter around. Have a super Saturday and enjoy wherever you are and whatever you are doing today.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #7  
Thin Within

Talking Rainey Saturday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It rained again last night ~ hallelujah ~ we sure need it and are grateful for every drop. I usually wake up a few times during the night but go back to sleep quickly most times. I slept through last night. All night I didn’t wake up once. I am surprised.

One of these days before Christmas I need to make a trip to the big city and get a few things I need that we can’t get here. First off I need some more Christmas roof lights for my little houses in my village and am hoping Michaels has them for that is where I got the ones I have now. I do hope that Michaels does have them. I also want to purchase a roll of one foot by two foot magnetic sheeting and a few other crafty things. We always like to go to Olive Garden or the Red Lobster (owned by the same company) or Chili’s when we go to the city. I think it is Chili’s turn. Always thinking about food but I need to know so I can plan ahead what I am going to order so as to stay OP.

I made 8 small burritos yesterday and now have them in the freezer. I froze them with my machine putting two in each bag. I love that appliance. I also bagged up several pounds of ground sirloin that Will found in the “used meat” bin yesterday. He also brought home a whole chicken that I froze in its own tightly sealed plastic wrapping for it will be fine in that since it is heavy duty from the factory. That bird will be cooked in the rotisserie one day this year.

SUSAN for 20 years at your job and what fun to get to celebrate with the workers. Sounds like you chose a restaurant that pleases your palate. Since you work for WW do you have one of those WW thumb drive devices or did they just give them to the leader? With all the exercise you do it must be a fun thing to check the information on your computer that has been recorded on the thumb.

JEAN You are quite welcome ~ it is nice to share. We are fixing to get some more rain this night also. What we have gotten the last couple days has soaked in nicely. In fact it is drizzling now as I type. I have one of those kitty mats in front of Cecil’s butt hut and it seems to catch all the sand that he transfers out of the hut. His feet are so huge that it isn’t a wonder that he transfers some sand. He hasn’t frolicked in there yet but that day may come. He is so funny ~ he eats all his food except a layer on the bottom of his dish then asks for it to be filled again. I dump that layer back into the container then fill his dish up again. It has become a ritual. He is fed on a wooden TV type table and loves to knock pieces off onto the floor where Beanie sits waiting for them. I have a piece of non skid on the table because the feeding dish got broken when he pushed it off the table onto the floor where the food went everywhere. Cecil can’t scoot the stainless dish I now feed him in. He just drops little morsels to the floor for his friend.

DONNA FAYE We miss you.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #8  

Good morning all. I posted on Thursday, but it isn't there so don't know what happened to it.

I had to go and pick up my contacts yesterday at Walmart and we did a bit of shopping. They carry this flavored coffee cream Jack likes and they don't have it anywhere else so we got some of that and I got a container of safety pins to take on the cruise.

Jack is going to shampoo carpets today though with this rainy weather it may take awhile to dry. Jack says the tropical storm is headed for Alabama so we are going to get a lot of rain this week. It rained here a deluge while we were out shopping of course yesterday and it is dark and cloudy this morning so we may get more rain. We wanted to cook steaks and asparagus out on the grill, but that may not happen. We may have to just broil them.

Susan: Congrats on your 20 yrs at your job. Sure isn't like it used to be. Employers wanted long term employees and nowadays 5 years and they want you to move on. Stupid way of thinking in my opinion. Hope you had fun at your paper piercing.

Maggie: I had read it was some kind of sea bass, but not the other. I imagine the sea bass type is what they will serve as the dining room serves real upscale stuff. Speaking of fish eyes, I was watching a rerun of Rizzoli and Isles the other day and Mara took Jane to this funeral memorial of these really rich people and they had a sit down dinner. They serve a whole fish and of course Jane was you typical Boston blue collar gal and ewwwwd the whole idea of a fish with eyes looking at you. Mara tried to show her how to eat the fish and Jane got impatient and just stabbed it and threw fish juice on all these high falutin people. It was pretty funny. I am not sure I am your whole fish kind of person either, but who knows???

Jean: How the heck is the rain missing you? We all are getting rain around you! We get all that nonsense too. Most folks have strong opinions and have decided months ago who they would vote for so I am like you, why waste the money. Of course catalogues are starting to come for the holidays, ugh!!! I noticed when we were in the commissary last week that they had the Halloween candy all out already. Sheesh. I did order the yarn for Jay's birthday socks and for the boy's socks for Christmas. I hope to work on those and Kelly's socks for her birthday while on the cruise.

Nothing much else going on around here. It is pretty quiet most of the time. Gonna work to finish that sock today. It needs to be done and washed and blocked. Have a lovely day today. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #9  

Good morning, ladies! We had 7 inches of rain and a lot of flooding again yesterday with more rain today. We are so wet right now.

Sandy and I went to Jason's Deli for lunch yesterday. They have a great salad bar. We had golf umbrellas and had fun running from the parking lot to the stores and deli.

I'm working on my quilt for the retreat today and doing laundry. Tomorrow is the dentist to have my teeth cleaned. The Y is closed for it's semi-annual top to bottom cleaning so no gym.

I think I'll make chicken for supper.

Have a great day.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! Just got home from church; today we had a gospel group visit with a lunch afterwards. They sang and talked for almost an hour and a half -- they were so good. Several people asked where Bob was and commented that he would have enjoyed the singing. Now I need to do some serious vacuuming and sorting in the basement in case the electrician needs to get to the electric box tomorrow.

Maggie -- You mentioned needing more Christmas lights; when I stopped in the hardware store they were checking in Christmas merchandise. I know some of the Hallmark ornaments were on display in July which is normal for them. Beth called yesterday and told me to watch the Animal Planet. The program was The Cat from He**. Basically it's about cats with BAD habits and a guy who offers advice on how to retrain them. One in particular was a biter; he would attack and hang on to the gal's leg but never bit the man. At least Ernie bites and runs. Part of the retraining was to take the cat outside on a leash. In the end the retraining did work but it took a long time.

"Gma" -- I'm glad to see you here today! We got .86" of rain yesterday. It drizzled all day, kind of a clammy chilly day. Both Jason and Amanda have run into looking for jobs where they made too much money in their previous job and/or had too much experience so weren't hired. I know there are companies (WM is one) that give crappy hours and assignments so long term people will get fed up and quit even though they have to give up vacation time, health benefits, etc. It's not fair but that's the way it is.

Susan -- I can imagine you are water logged! Will you get more from the hurricane? Did you find shoes yesterday? I was wondering if you have one of those exercise balls at home. Since the Y is closed, you will have to be creative.

I need to get busy while I still have some energy left. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Last edited by Jean; 08-26-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Talking Simply Sunny Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

What a beautiful day in the neighborhood. It is in the high 70º and the wind isn’t blowing for the first time in ages.

I just got in from eating out and stopping by the store. We went to our favorite Mexican place and I had 1 shredded beef taco for 4 points+, rice for 3 points+ and for starters had 10 corn chips & salsa for 4 points+. All in all 11 points+ is not a bad amount to pay for such good food they have there. On the way home Will stopped by the market for he wanted a “sweet.” He came out with a package of those mini chocolate éclairs which are only 4 points+ each. I ate one and he is welcome to the rest of the package. The regular sized éclairs are 11 points+ and I definitely stay away from them. I now have plenty of points+ left to spend on dinner.

Not much going on in this neighborhood ~ all is quiet and peaceful.

JEAN Sounds like a nice concert you had today with a meal served afterwards. I am sure glad that Cecil isn’t a biter. I couldn’t abide a dog or a cat that bit me. Something would have to be done to change that behavior to live with us. I imagine by the time we get to the "city" Michales will have their Christmas things out adorning the shelves and I can get the miniature lights for my houses.

DONNA FAY Wonder what happens to those posts that go out into cyberspace and don’t land on this tread as they are supposed to. Just floating around out there somewhere. I can just see that fish squirting those folks. What a hoot. My brother never brought back any sea bass but I got a lot of nice canned tuna when he went out on his boat for a "vacation" each year. My very most favorite fish is Red Snapper.

SUSAN I imagine your area is quite waterlogged now with all that rain. We can sure use some more here in the ♥-Land. I imagine you have enough exercise equipment and know how to keep yourself going while the Y is closed. A change up in a routine is a good thing "they say". How many days in a row do you exercise before taking a day off?

Old 08-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #12  

Good morning to you gals. We should be getting rain soon with the tropical storm movine towards New Orleans. You feel for the folks along the borders, but on the other hand, they know what they get in to and there is a trade off, great weather most of the time and possible dangerous some of the time. It is very overcast here and yesterday we had a spot of satellite outage with the HD satellite but only about 5 minutes or so. Funny thing, the regular satellite picks up the stations just fine.

Well, I should get Jackson and Thomas's and Jay's yarn for their socks this week. I already have Kelly's. I wanted to show you what the yarn looked like, but the photo upload hasn't been working for over a week now. I did send them a message about it. Jay's socks will be smoky blues and grays and the boys are all these fall colors. The yarn is called hayride so it gives you an idea.

I still haven't gotten that sock done, but I am almost at the toe so should be able to finish it today. I then can finish up the wrap and will have the "have to" knitting done.

Jean: Butterscotch wasn't a biter and only had his back claws, but he could scratch the heck out of you anyway. Even Fortune scratches me crawling all over me all the time. I have seen that program listed, but never watched it. Now that my shows are all on fall hiatus until November, I doubt I will watch much tv except in the daytime. I got hooked on The Mentalist during the day last week and I like the CSI NY and the Miami one a lot. I have seen all the Las Vegas ones and don't care for the format as much as the other two. I am a big fan of Gary Sinise as he does such wonderful things for the military. Hope Bob got home all safe and sound today.

Maggie: I like those creme horns, but I stay away from them. Down here they have frosting in them, which I don't like. Up north they put like a marshmallowy meringuey filling that I like a lot better. I like watching "The Best Thing I Every Ate," on the cooking or food channel and they had these italian pastries that looked to die for. We have one bakery that makes real pastries. It is a french patissierie clear on the other side of town and very small selection so I never get in trouble with it, but other than that all we have here are donut shops for the most part. I am going to have to really watch the sweets on the ship. They have some hum dingers for sure and you can get the stuff 24 hours a day!

Susan: Jack and I have talked of rejoining the Y so we can now swim year round. They put a temporary covering over the pool during fall and winter now and take it off in the summer. They didn't have that when we belonged before. We have 2 Jason's Delis here and I love their salad bar. It has such a wonderful selection of stuff.

We are under 4 weeks now and I am a nervous wreck. I have so many lists and things we have to do besides I am a bit nervous about spending a week on a ship out to sea. I know I will easily get used to it, but the thought of not seeing land I have to get used to. I was on the aircraft carrier once and they went out into the Atlantic for the day so was surrounded by water but wasn't up on deck all the time. Ah well. I am just glad they have swimming even if they pool isn't deep.

Everyone have a good start to the week. I am going to read and knit then get my chores going. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #13  

Good morning, ladies! It'll be in the 80s today with - you guessed it - rain.

Nothing happening today. I brought stuff home from work so will have to work on that a couple of hours. I had my teeth cleaning this morning so that's out of the way. Guess I work on beading a scissor case for my friend this afternoon!

Jean, I sit on a stability ball when I'm on the computer and also do some exercises with it. I have that, toning bands, weights, and dvds for yoga, pilates, and walking so I can exercise at home when I can't get out. I didn't find the shoes I wanted yet so will have to shop some more.

Faye, I have never wanted to cruise because I get paniced when I can't see land from a boat. I love going to the Y, as you already know.

Maggie, we are water logged. If the rain doesn't stop and let us dry out, the trees are going to start falling over. It'll be really bad if we get even the remanants from a hurricane.

Have a great day!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #14  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood. I thought the electrician would be here this morning so yesterday I half heartedly cleared a path to the panel box in the basement, wrote a note telling him the back door was unlocked and not to let Ernie out, and double checked the door and note before I left. He hasn't shown his face yet. GRRRRR! Last week he was bright and early before I was even dressed. I didn't answer the door because I didn't recognize him and there was no writing on his truck. We balanced at church and I have the gift shop money ready for the bank. I need to pick up a few things at the grocery store; not sure what time Bob will be home although they cross the border at 8 when it opens.

Maggie -- Your Mexican dinner yesterday sounded good.

"Gma" -- Your knitting will keep you busy until cruise time. So far I haven't seen any show previews that interest me. I do like Dancing With the Stars and notice that will start in September. IMO there is way too much violence on tv. Give me the old half hour funny shows any day.

Susan -- I thought I remembered you had a ball. You are well equipped for exercise! I hope the rain stops and Isaac takes a detour back out to sea.

I'm off to make a bank run and hit the grocery store. Enjoy a Marvelous Monday!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Monday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

A group of us went out to eat at Wendy’s after church last evening and I got a grilled chicken sandwich without the sauce and tossed the bun and just ate the meat and veggies for a whopping 3P+ and was just as happy as I could be. They were out of some of the items that I would have ordered but that is what happens in this small town ~ not enough call for some items and I totally understand. I wanted the roasted asparagus and mushroom mix for 2P+ and they didn’t have it nor did they have the Mandarin orange half cup. I had ordered my chicken and veggies without the bun but I guess they have to serve it in a bun. I have gotten to the point that I don’t eat bread unless it is of a special kind. What I ate was good and I had a great time with the folks. I can go out now anywhere to eat and pick and choose what to eat and stay OP. None of this ordering willy nilly then trying to figure out what the points cost is. I stick to baked, broiled or BBQed and am usually safe with that when eating out. And stay out of the bread basket. Don’t get me wrong I love bread but it doesn’t love me.

I am going to make dinner today after WW for Will has a meeting to go to. I’ll weigh in and not stay for the meeting so he can go to his after dropping me off at home. There is a chance there won’t be a meeting at WW but just “weigh in” for the leaders mother-in-law passed away and she is attending the service this afternoon. Any of the ladies that work at the WW place can answer any questions folks may have about the program. I weighted this morning on my scale and it shows me down a pound. Hopefully the scale at WW will show the same. I can only hope.

DONNA FAYE I love the ocean but don't want to go out so far where I couldn't swim to shore. Never had the desire to go on a curise and be confined to a floating vessile that I couldn't get off of until it docked somewhere. I am one of those folks that needs the wide open spaces on tera firma with its mountains and valleys. But I wish you fair sailing. It's just not my cup of tea. Like I say "different strokes for different folks." I do hope your time out to sea is a pleasant one and all you have hoped for. I don't like those cream horns ~ but I love chocolate eclairs. Like I always say ~ "different strokes for different folks."

JEAN Isn't it irritating when those contracters don't come when expected. They seem to over book themselves and don't finish one job before flitting off to another.

SUSAN I sure do hope your trees don't fall over. That is so sad what damage those beautiful trees can do to homes and property in a storm. Too bad they can't be replanted. Sounds like you just about have the same exercise items at home that I do except the stability ball. Come the first on next month I am going to order one to use here in my office.

Time to see about getting some lunch. Have a great afternoon Magnolias.

Back from WW to crow~ I am down another pound. YIPEKIO

Last edited by Maggie; 08-27-2012 at 07:03 PM.