South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #1  

Talking Hello Milton Keynes calling :)

Hi I'm from Milton Keynes, UK and I'm starting back on SB. I treid in feb this year but i was a total fail, didn't lose at all so later on i ended up doing Atkins, lost 11lbs just before my holiday to Ibiza, Spain.

But when i came back I'd only gained 3lbs which was cool, but I didn't get back on to the Atkins treadmill. I've added another 4lbs so i need to do something quick before it gets out of control.

I was getting bored with Atkins (thats what normally happens) so I remembered I had the SB book in my cupboard, I've brushed off the cobwebs and here I go!

I need to re-read the book (I quickly skimmed through it the other day, but haven't had time yet to sit down for a better catch up ) will do by the weekend though.

Anyway can someone just very quickly look at what I've ate today and tell me yay or neigh:

Brekkie: 1 large portobello mushroom, topped with 1 sliced salad tomato, 1 tsp red pesto and 20g of low fat cheese, 1 scrambled egg with a little soya milk for consistancy and 2 turkey bacon rashers.

Late Lunch: 3 tablespoons of red pepper hummus (no sugar in it), 3 red pepper sticks, 3 sticks of cucumber to dip in, 2 slices of smoked ham with low fat soft cheese in the middle rolled up with a lettuce leaf wrapped around.

150g low fat fromage frais with 20g of nuts mixed in.

I think the above sounds ok to me, oh and i had a glass of water with each meal.

anyway nice to meet all of you, and anybody in Louisiana or nearby I hope the weather isn't too bad, fingers crossed it's not as bad as last time.

Claire xxx

Last edited by CBeeN; 08-29-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/163/140

Height: 5'4

hello! welcome to the beach.. I am fairly new to SB as well, I did it a few weeks ago and lost 7 pds then went on vacation and gained 2 back and went off the beach. Just restarted on Monday and am down 1 pd already!

Your meals sound great!!! Im not expert but they sound a lot yummier then I make myself. I may have to copy the idea!

good luck and welcome!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonclaire View Post
hello! welcome to the beach.. I am fairly new to SB as well, I did it a few weeks ago and lost 7 pds then went on vacation and gained 2 back and went off the beach. Just restarted on Monday and am down 1 pd already!

Your meals sound great!!! Im not expert but they sound a lot yummier then I make myself. I may have to copy the idea!

good luck and welcome!

Bless ya, thanks xx
Old 08-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Your meals sound great! Welcome
Old 08-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, Claire! I'm glad you've decided to give SBD another try.

Your menu sounds good, except that keep in mind smoked meats are very high in salt, which will cause you to retain water, so go very easy on them and drink lots of water to counter-balance it and flush it out of your body.

Good luck, and we hope to see you around here often!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Nice to meet you! Sounds to me like maybe you are actually eating too little. Crazy notion, isn't it.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaistingTime View Post
Nice to meet you! Sounds to me like maybe you are actually eating too little. Crazy notion, isn't it.
Nice to meet you too

I forgot to put down my dinner too
Old 09-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #8  
American in UK

S/C/G: 149/145/130

Height: 5'7

Claire, as a fellow UK girl, please tell me where you found turkey bacon rashers please!
Closed Thread