South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday Daily Beach Chat for 08/28

Good morning, ladies. I'm about to head out to the gym in another hour and a half to meet up w/ my bestfriend. She's absolutely gorgeous but not happy at all w/ her weight right now and I've been encouraging her and guilting her into going to the gym every morning after she works.

From there I'll be heading up to Best Buy to pick up my new iPhone. I have been coveting an iPhone for YEARS and I finally bit the bullet and bought one since I found a good deal ($99.99 for a 32G iPhone 4!!!).

Oooh, and in other news, I got an e-mail telling me that I've made it to the third phase of the hiring process w/ a Police Department in Massachusetts. Another step closer to my big move!!!

What's everybody got going on today???
Old 08-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #2  

Oh, also, today was the end of my first week on Phase I. I've lost 12 pounds!!! I think some of that was alcohol bloat, though, b/c I had a big night out the last Saturday I was off.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:29 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning
Natasha, gee, am I glad you are back! It sounds like a big day for you, getting an iphone. I have dreams of that, too. Congrats on reaching the next phase of hiring for the job your interested in. Keeping my fingers crossed

Me, managing insomnia and a depressed DH. He sprained his ankle on the injured leg last week and is hobbling around not very happy these days. It's a bummer. I have work today then have to go right up and help my mom show a property. That's about it for my day.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Hello, everybody...

Here I sit, on a night shift (my last for quite a while!! hurray!) about to hit the wall.

Eats were pretty good today/yesterday (so hard to describe when you stay up past the wrong end of sunrise!), puffed scrambled egg (microwave) with salsa, fresh veggies from the CSA and a boca burger for "dinner," hummus pop chips and a 2 egg white omelet with veggies and cheese here at work plus a diet coke...

Gotta go to class when I get off, sleep for a couple hours, then head to choir rehearsal. Then bed, and up early for a day shift. This flip flop stuff is getting OLD!

Well, off to find a warm blanket and more caffiene... have a good day all!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:10 AM   #5  

Aww, thanks, Lexxiss...you sure know how to make a girl feel special. I am SUPER excited about my iPhone. I saw the deal on BestBuy's website and couldn't pass it up. The $$$ is coming out of my moving fund, but it's totally worth it. Ouch...sounds like you need to put your hubby in a protective bubble!!! Poor guy!!! Enjoy the time w/ your mom today. My mom and I are very close but our relationship has become strained since I told her I was moving. She is the master of the guilt trip, that's for sure, LOL

Eydawn, what kind of work do you do??? I couldn't deal w/ flip-flopping like that. For about a year I had to rotate between day and night shifts every 90 days. I *dreaded* the dayshift rotation b/c it meant I had to get up at 0330 hrs. YUCK!!! Your comment on today/yesterday made me laugh b/c I have that argument w/ friends and family ALL the time. I say it's not tomorrow until I've gone to bed, LOL
Old 08-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Good Morning my Chick. It is rainy and dreary here today and calling for 100 mls of rain and thunder and lightening. A total indoor day for the wee ones.

Had a great eating day yesterday a perfect phase 1.5 day for me. I cant do phase 1 anymore I need my fruit. I also stayed with in my calorie intake and did a kick butt boot camp class, you know the kind that makes you want to throw up.

Well gotta to dash and throw in a load of laundry and enjoy my tea. Have a great day my chicks.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, Natasha, so many reasons for congratulations!! The iPhone (SO JEALOUS!), the weight loss, and the third phase of interviewing. Good luck and keep us posted!

Lexiss - Nothing is tougher than a depressed DH, IMHO.

Eydawn - wow, are you young?! I couldn't handle that schedule, that would be tough!! Great job on staying OP!

For me - a little teared up on the couch this am - pup's shoulder is getting so nasty she was uncomfortable laying next to me and got down . I get to bring her to work today to check her blood levels, and it's a loooonnnnngggg day at work today. We leave on our mini vacation after work tomorrow, so need to pack tonight.

I'm realistic about diet...I'll try to be decent while gone, but....it's a huge flea market. When I get back, I hope to be fully on the beach!!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My goodness, it's only 6:30 am and you chicks are chirpy and chatty this morning!

Natasha, your weightloss is wonderful for the first week of Phase 1! Have fun with your new iPhone, and woohoo on the good news about your job prospect!

Debbie, sorry to hear about Kirk's lastest woes. It's probably harder on you than on him, if he's like my DH.

Eyedawn, your work schedule sounds awful! Hang in there and I hope you can get some quality sleep before your am shift.

L.C, I love the cartoon!

It's another rainy morning here and when I opened the front door it felt like a sauna. Ugh.
I have to leave shortly for my hairdresser appointment before heading over to the farm. I told Cindy I'd tackle her oven today, but now I wish I wouldn't have volunteered. But I do need to find things to do while the girls are in school. Sigh........
On the other hand, I had a pretty good OP day yesterday and am looking forward to stringing two in a row.

Aw, Tammy, I'm so very sorry about poor Reesie.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-28-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good grief - a chatty bunch this morning.

Dave is up and out on the front porch having a smoke. He is almost perfect, except for that but is a very polite smoker. They all had a good day in Ottawa yesterday and, I must admit, I enjoyed my alone time. The dogs slept ALL day.

Hey! Matthew is up! I didn't think teens ever got up before 10 a.m. or later. My DD is zzzing away but I'll cut this short and start breakfast for my "men".

Have a great day.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm off to a short shift at work late morning then this afternoon am visiting with my senior friend. DH and I missed her 90th birthday party this summer and she wants to share photos.

Still researching where to stay in LA in October. Had a vacation rental all picked out and then learned it is not available. Back to the drawing board.

Have a great day, all.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Wow I feel like I slept the day away! Natasha enjoy your new iPhone. I broke down and bought one too and I love it!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you about the job. Great job encouraging your friend to workout

Debbie hang in there hopefully DH will come out of his funk soon

TwynnB sending hugs and positive thoughts to you and Reese

Eydawn I did steady midnights for over 10 years. Been on day shifts for the past 2. I do feel more human again. it does get easier in time

Cottage we are in sauna mode too. Not a good hair day for certain!

Ruth enjoy your time with the family. A teenager up before 10 is a miracle!!!!

it is a dark dreary day here. I do need to look for a dress for a wedding this weekend. It is a second wedding for both and not too dressy which is good. I have a standby dress if I cannot find one. Other than that I might clean out the dressers in the gues room. Funnyni haven't had any guests in awhile, but the drawers are full of crap hmmmm. I know I'll blame it on my son lol

☔ don't forget this today. Have a great day
Old 08-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good afternoon Yes, still drinking coffee here

Feels like every day is just super busy lately. I'm not complaining but work sure is taking lots of time, then there's dehydrating, dealing with leftover paperwork, and planning the Memorial in early September. I am going to sneak away to the beach for this weekend's blue moon. Couldn't resist.

I'm flirting with being off plan. It's not intentional, just lack of attention to planning and good choices. I've got a couple of good days back under my belt and plan to make this the start of a good stretch again. I get so annoyed with myself when I get sloppy!

Tammie - Thinking of you and Reesie pup. I'm so sorry

Debbie - hugs and lots of strength to you

Okay, back to work for another couple of hours. then my favorite time of the week - CSA pick-up!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #13  

Oy vey, ladies...I didn't get to bed until 1:30 this afternoon!!! But, on the plus side, I am LOVING my new iPhone!!! I'm still working on setting it up completely, but it'll get there.

On the job front, they are checking w/ the department to see if they will allow me to interview by phone or video call. That's encouraging b/c, to me, it says they're interested enough to work things around to accommodate me. Thanks for all the well wishes...keep your fingers crossed or prayers said for me, please!!!
Closed Thread