Old 08-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 279/223/132

Height: 5'1"

Default What will you do for your team? Football Challenge

Just how much do you love your team. Enough to loose for them? I am so proud of Drew Brees and my Saints thsi year. They are pulling together through real hardship. So I decided that this year I'm cheering them on and celebrating a different way. In the past I rewarded points and wins with food. This year each score is rewarded with arobic style exercise minutes for points scrored. 3 points= 3 minute dance ect. Also each point = 5 calorie reduction for the week and just for you Drew 1 calorie per yard pass. Now considering Drew's all time passing record and usually over 300 yrd per game I'm thinking He'll help me loose lots of pounds this year.Each game won = 35 extra min. of exercise. My challenge is that you decide how you'll reward your team and do you stick with it each week. Saints start real season Sept 9th ends Dec 30th, but I'm sure I'll still be loosing for them in the playoffs. Check back here after your games and let us know what you owe your guys. Perhaps-days of abstainance-ounces of water- exercise time- miles walked . We are all at different levels of what we can do- but we can all do something. Geaux Saints!!!

Last edited by healthyginger; 08-26-2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Lost net before I finished
healthyginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #2  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I lived in New Orleans for a couple years so I can definitely get behind the Saints even though I don't know too much about american football. Geaux Saints, indeed.

I am European football (the soccer kind) mad and the season just started last weekend (and runs till May) but yeah I could definitely get behind doing a little extra exercise for my team as a celebration. That's an awesome idea. I support Manchester United and in football leagues, it's 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 for a loss. So I'll pledge 30 extra minutes of exercise for a win, 10 extra minutes of exercise for a draw and no extra minutes for a loss. I already exercise a fair bit so I may choose to change it to something food-related but let me try this. I like the idea of an exercise challenge for a sports team! Great great idea!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #3  

Welcome Toasted Smoke! Afrika ! WOW! I forget how global our community is. Thanks for reminding me. 9 months! Now that is a long season- wait till I tell my son. He goes into Football withdrawel every March.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #4  

I love your idea, and I am a huge football fan! So I pledge to walk at least as many miles per week as the number of touchdowns the RAVENS score in their game! They have a great defense but we need a good offense to win some games too!

Thanks for the inspiration!
42goingon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #5  

Welcome 42 goingon20!
All I gotta say today is my DSIL best be back befre The 9th. He's national Guard & has been sent to NOLA- So I'm babysitting while my DD works and they don't get TV or radio service !!!! My son will be glued to his set and pass along what happens to me -but it's not the same if I can't watch.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #6  

Hi Fottball Fans! So 1st Game day- watching right now- halftime- so I won't cry yet- but I haven't eaten yet! Only one dance so far- I just can't keep up with Drew's Yardage so I'll look it up after the game- though he's going way too easy on me so far I'm about to post this thread on the 100 pd Challenges thread- I don't know how I missed that one- will make it easier for you to find.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #7  

sorry your saints lost
my game is tonight
Go Ravens!
42goingon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #8  

Congrats 42goingon20!! Looks like you got a lot of walking to do. My Saints haven't got me doing much extra this week- I only had to add 4 min a day and cut out 220 calories this week. So at least the lost let me off the hook this week. I was so happy with a 4 pd loss the day before the game I was really mostly upset over the loss for my son's sake. He checked into rehab the next day and hated his team didn't give him a better send off. I stayed on 3FC through the game so I had great support.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #9  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42goingon20 View Post
I love your idea, and I am a huge football fan! So I pledge to walk at least as many miles per week as the number of touchdowns the RAVENS score in their game! They have a great defense but we need a good offense to win some games too!

Thanks for the inspiration!
I think our offense was looking pretty darn good last night! Who says Flacco isn't elite?
Ok, for my lovely Ravens, I will walk an extra mile per touchdown and I will do three sets of stairs for every field goal. I will cut out an extra ten calories per day for every sack and that goes double for one on Roethlisberger.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #10  

Welcome Shiskeberry! Another Raven Fan- since My Saints don't play the Ravens this year I'll cheer them on for you guys as well. Congrats on your big win last week and good luck for this week!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #11  

We Lost . Ah well!! I've already did my extra exercise. Drew threw 325 yards. So he did help me out there, Actually I was so sick this last week I didn't get all my exercise in so this week I did it during the game. At least it raised my endorphins to help cope whith loosing. This pass week my daily calorie count went down to 1,419 from 1, 450. This week it goes down to 1,404. I lost 2 pds last week.

So GO Ravens!!! Need some cheering around here.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #12  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

I would love to get behind my Cowboys but right now I think I could quarterback a whole lot better than Tony Romo!

What was up with that game? Was he having an identity crisis and thinking he was a Bear?
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote