Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/192/155

Height: 5'2

Default Seasons and Cycles

I always feel like Fall is a new beginning for me. Maybe it's because my birthday is in the Fall. When I've been successful at losing weight in the past, it seems I always started my diet in the Fall. I know that Fall is considered the time when things begin to die. I was wondering if maybe our personal cycles are more dependent on the season of our birth. Which season do you feel most deeply as the Beginning and does that sync more with your birthday, the Wheel of the Year, or the cultural traditon from where you were born?
Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #2  

I still very much consider Samhain as being the beginning of the new year, whereas my birthday falls after February's cross-quarter at the beginning of spring, and frankly I am such a mutt genetically that I am not sure if the fact that all my ancestor were from Celtic areas of Europe would make a difference.

For me autumn feels wonderful, but I think it is the excitement of letting go of the old to make way for the new. And early spring like February feels awful, maybe due to lack of sunlight and being just plain tired of snow. Late autumn to early winter and late spring to early summer are my high energy times.
sheski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #3  
can't cook.

S/C/G: 165/159/125

Height: 5'11"

Fall feels freshest to me as well, mostly because I'm from sunny Southern California where 9 or 10 months out of the year it's warm and clear-skied. Around Fall, things start to cool down and it's a pleasant change from the monotony of the same old weather day in and day out.
battybettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #4  

my favorite month is october love the crisp air, sweaters, the crunch of leaves under my feet, the beautiful fall colors and of course pumpkins!
I feel more alive once october comes around - refreshed
lady hawke is offline   Reply With Quote