Old 08-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/230/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Any Picky Eaters Out There??

OK I want to eat better but I am a very picky eater. I am a grown woman and still I do not like lettuce, tomatos, onions, or peppers or mustard mayo or salad dressing. I do love some vegetables like brocolli, cauliflower, cucumbers and lots of others. however, many diets recommend salads and although they look pretty i just can't get the ruffage past my taste buds. I'm the kind of person if I know exactly what to eat every day i can stick to a plan but if it's up to me to plan the menu i get overwhelmed and do nothing and end up getting a fried chicken strip sandwich that adds FAT and HEARTBURN me feeling miserable.

I would like to know where i can find a "pick eater" menu-with recipes (that someone other than me has made up.)

Any suggestions? Anyone else feel that way?
Jessica9190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/230/150

Height: 5'7"

Am I The Only Picky Eater????
Jessica9190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #3  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

I'm not a picky eater, but husband used to be. Since I'm a foodie and I cook, he eats what I eat now.

I found easy ways to sneak things in - pureed cauliflower into potatoes, pureed eggplant into marinara sauce, diced veggies into rice/pasta, etc.

Basically, you can puree any veggie and add it to a lot of things.

My husband doesn't eat salads, but he gets ample veggies due to that.

You can google "kid friendly low calorie meals" and that should get some results for a picky eater.

Hope it helps some.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica9190 View Post
OK I want to eat better but I am a very picky eater. I am a grown woman and still I do not like lettuce, tomatos, onions, or peppers or mustard mayo or salad dressing. I do love some vegetables like brocolli, cauliflower, cucumbers and lots of others. however, many diets recommend salads and although they look pretty i just can't get the ruffage past my taste buds. I'm the kind of person if I know exactly what to eat every day i can stick to a plan but if it's up to me to plan the menu i get overwhelmed and do nothing and end up getting a fried chicken strip sandwich that adds FAT and HEARTBURN me feeling miserable.

I would like to know where i can find a "pick eater" menu-with recipes (that someone other than me has made up.)

Any suggestions? Anyone else feel that way?
You don't have to eat salads!

Eat the vegetables you like, combine them with a lean protein -- grilled chicken instead of the fried chicken you're eating -- and enjoy it.

Who says you have to eat tomatoes?

I HATE tomatoes raw. They are slimy and gross.

You don't have to eat peppers to lose weight!

And it's better that you don't like mayonnaise, because it's full of calories! (I love it, especially the homemade one I made recently...)

Grab your broccoli, cook it, make fish, and call it a day.

You don't have to eat onions! (Raw ones hurt my belly anyway, I have to eat it cooked...)

Anyway, my point is, you don't have to eat salads or raw vegetables. Sauteed, steam, and enjoy your foods.

As an aside, just in case you want to do this too -- to make any stew/chili/soup "healthier" I will add carrots, onions, and celery (the magic three) and put them in the food processor to cut them up. My food processor is stupid, so it will usually just make it into mush. But that's okay -- it thickens my soups, stews, and chili, and you can't tell that I added those vegetables into it.

But don't force yourself to eat peppers or tomatoes or lettuce if you don't like them. I can't eat any foods in the broccoli/cauliflower family and I've lost weight and I am relatively healthy. So, you'll be fine too!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #5  

I, too, am a picky eater! I had a work lunch where the secretaries ordered in, and they messed up my sandwich order, and I got a sandwich with globs of mayo. Gross! But I was sitting by 2 VIPs, and I didn't want to call attention to my pickiness, so I pretended I was too engrossed in the conversation to eat. I can usually force a few bites, but not mayo.

Sorry. Back to topic. As the prior poster said, there is no mandatory food required to lose weight. I don't like iceberg lettuce, but I enjoy spinach and Romaine lettuce. Hate peaches. Love blueberries. Experiment. But don't feel like you have to eat food you don't like. And another truth I embrace is that I can eat the same food virtually every day and lose. And I often do. Easier to plan, and I am less likely to eat just for the taste.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Height: 5'5

I'm the pickiest eater. I hate almost everything but like the above posters if it's puréed I don't have to chew it. I hate iceberg lettuce but have come to love romaine and spinach as well. Also not a fan of dressing but I do like Caesar dressing on my salad but only the tiniest amount.

Bottom line do what works for you just try and make healthier choices.

Last edited by Meka150; 08-26-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Meka150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #7  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

im not a picky eater but maybe something you would like is buying protein powder also because I make my own protein bars and they are delicious or u can find tons of recipes for like protein pancakes protein cupcakes and brownies ect ect so u can feel like ur cheating while still eating good just something to check out.

i agree u dont have to eat salads with veggies u dont like just have the ones you do like with protein and ur good like has been said good luck to you.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote