General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #1  
ShrinkingHottie

S/C/G: 250.6/See success slider!!/137

Height: 5'2"

Default Quick Weight Loss Center's Diet

I just joined Quick Weight Loss Center. Is anyone else out there doing this? I would love to start a mini support group to help each other out. Is anyone out there interested?
Old 03-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #2  
Go For Your Dreams!

S/C/G: HW340/340/160

Height: 5'6

Quick weight loss centers...did this used to be LA Weight loss??? If so, I'm following the LAWL diet. I started Tuesday and already down 5lbs from this morning! Lemme know if this is the same place!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #3  
ShrinkingHottie

S/C/G: 250.6/See success slider!!/137

Height: 5'2"

Gosh, I don't know if they are the same thing or not....Quick Weight Loss Centers are located in Georgia and Florida that I know of.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #4  

I also started on QWL Monday...from what I read I think it is sort of like LAWL...

How are you doing now? I'm hoping to meet others that are on the diet as well or something similar to swap notes....plus get to know others that are on the same journey as I am.

Take Care
~Sally
Old 05-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Im on qwlc diet and have lost 14lbs in 6wks. Ive cheated and now im having the hardest time getting back on plan but I can say that it does work!!! I would love to be on here to have some support, I cant find any support groups online for qwlc
Old 05-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I did QWLC for a while. It would help if they did have some on-line support. It is a good program. It is in Texas too.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #7  

ProudMommy09 ~ I know what you mean regarding online support! Just now I did a search to see if I can get some tips for picking up dinner. I don't feel like cooking anything else today and need to just chill w/the fam! I'm basically a slave of work, school and now this diet all of these for my own well being and doing of course...I've dropped about 5 lbs in a week. We'll see on Monday how it goes!

Stacygee ~ Way to go w/your weight loss! Amazing! How did you do it? Was it various different diets, tips and tricks? I would LOVE IT if QWLC had some form of on-line guidance! Even if it's a membership only, must sign up, validate, give up your first and last born kinda of headache to log into but it would be helpful! Just kidding about the first and last born piece...LOL...
It's great to see the LAWL is somewhat similar to QWLC's plans...

Hope to keep in touch w/you ladies as we continue down this evolving journey!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Could you provide some specifics on what this program does/requires? I think I may be doing a similar plan, just with a differently named center, as I'm on the West Coast.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #9  

Hi Ferumbras ~ it's a 3 stage program

-Weight Loss (few months)
-Stabilization (couple months)
-Maintenance (a few visits a year)

It has around (3) set plans - I'm on Plan 1 which is:
2 Proteins
4 Veggies
3 Fruits
2 Starches
1 Fat
80 Oz Water
8 Oz of FF Milk (of desired)

Plus all the other supplements, vitamins, minerals, etc...

Does it sound the same? I realized that there's no pork on the options list for protein and rarely no cheese. Which might be a killer for me...I like the program so far because of the accountability factor of going in at my leisure to get my measurements and weight logged. As opposed to WW where I had to be there at their scheduled time.

I'll probably have more to say in a few weeks about the whole thing

Let me know if it sounds like what you might be doing...I'm on the East coast.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #10  

Similar, but not quite the same. My plan has the same basic 3 phases, and I'm also in phase 1, but there things begin to differ. My plan looks like this:

Eat every 2-3 hours, including within an hour of getting up and an hour of going to bed. For me, that translates into 6 mini-meals a day.
Minimum of 10 g of lean protein per mini-meal.
Keep carbs low, at least 10g lower than protein over the course of the entire day.
Drink lots of water.
Calorie restricted, based on personal circumstances (for me, I'm at or below 950 every day).

There are no specific restrictions on fat or sodium, or requirements about veggies or fruits. I try to eat veggies every day (have slacked off the past few days) and keep my fat and sodium intake low on general principles.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #11  

So how is everyone doing on this plan? I so need a kick in the butt over here. Also a quick dinner when you dont feel like cooking is a rost. chicken shredded with celery, mayo and some green grapes. yummy and easy.

I know ive prob gained back 5# back. Im gonna start back at it tomorrow I had a busy birthday weekend. Im unsure as to just start back with normal plan or maybe a two day prep phase again.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
I did QWLC for a while. It would help if they did have some on-line support. It is a good program. It is in Texas too.
So why did you get off qwlc just curios?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #13  

I wish there was a sub forum for this instead of having to search for it every time I visit.

I started QWLC plan 2 on Friday. There is very little online for support so I decided to join up here. I'm really feeling exhausted, have a head cold, and am wondering if this is related to the new diet plan? Anyone else get sick right away when they started QWLC?

Lets also discuss how the products taste - I didn't buy much yet because I think most bars and shakes taste awful and would rather use things I got from WHole foods to have no weird ingredients.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:23 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alitig1 View Post
I wish there was a sub forum for this instead of having to search for it every time I visit.

I started QWLC plan 2 on Friday. There is very little online for support so I decided to join up here. I'm really feeling exhausted, have a head cold, and am wondering if this is related to the new diet plan? Anyone else get sick right away when they started QWLC?

Lets also discuss how the products taste - I didn't buy much yet because I think most bars and shakes taste awful and would rather use things I got from WHole foods to have no weird ingredients.
Im on plan 2 also, im sure the headaches are your body getting adjusted. About the bars and stuff Ive had success using pure protein bars from walmart and i heard you could use atkins and south beach bars as well alot cheaper!! Anyway hope to find more people on qwlc for support

Im starting back up tomorrow after a week long hiatus from plan, wish me luck
Old 05-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #15  

Think Thin bars are pretty tasty, and I only use 1/2 as a serving, which essentially means I get twice as much for the price. Don't know how it'd compare in cost to the bars your program uses. Same with the Health Wise brand (though for them I eat a whole bar for a serving).
Closed Thread