Old 08-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/180/110

Height: 5"1

Smile Susan's Weight Loss Journey: At The Lord's Table

I was posting in the Support section of the forum and realize that my dieting will be more God-centered than Susan-centered.

At The Lord's Table is a 60-day program.

Just finish Day 1.

Day 1 made me realize that my motives for losing weight was all wrong. I wanted to lose weight because I want to feel good and look good. My motives should be on God so I can glorify Him and be transformed into His likeness.

I was vain and was focusing on myself. It was basically self idolatry.

I pray for forgiveness and ask for strength to overcome my temptation with food and resist the flesh.

Praise God!
HappySusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #2  
Jonah

S/C/G: 440/Ticker/220

Height: 5" 11

YES!!
i know that being fat is only the result of the underlying cause of gluttony/lusting for food.

i want to get to the point where i can say jesus, you are enough for me
jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #3  

Thank you so much Jonah!

Bless you!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #4  
cancerfree!

S/C/G: 295/145

Height: 64"

Default Info on the Lord's Table weight loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySusan View Post
I was posting in the Support section of the forum and realize that my dieting will be more God-centered than Susan-centered.

At The Lord's Table is a 60-day program.

Just finish Day 1.

Day 1 made me realize that my motives for losing weight was all wrong. I wanted to lose weight because I want to feel good and look good. My motives should be on God so I can glorify Him and be transformed into His likeness.

I was vain and was focusing on myself. It was basically self idolatry.

I pray for forgiveness and ask for strength to overcome my temptation with food and resist the flesh.

Praise God!
Happy Susan,
I just read your post and had a few questions. Would you please share your info on Losing weight at the Lord's Table? Where would I find info on this? ANy info would be appreciated. Thank you and good luck on your journey!
5yearscancerfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #5  

Day 2 with the Lord's Table.

I had to eat late again...sigh...

My friend came over and didn't have dinner. So I had to feed him and didn't want him to eat alone so I ate with him. Sigh...

Was that a good excuse to eat with him? I don't know...

I am stuck at 186 lbs today.

My second lesson with the Lord's Table was good. Focus today was on Jesus Christ instead of food as He is the bread of life.

My eyes are on Christ.

I did very well on my diet today as I was focusing on Christ. But when I got home...it all went crashing down. Oh well.

I pray for continual strength as I embark on this journey.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5yearscancerfree View Post
Happy Susan,
I just read your post and had a few questions. Would you please share your info on Losing weight at the Lord's Table? Where would I find info on this? ANy info would be appreciated. Thank you and good luck on your journey!
Hi 5yearscancerfree,

Congratulations on being cancer free! God is good!

The Lord's Table is from the website "Setting Captives Free". If you google them, they will show up as I am not allowed to post any links on this forum. It's a FREE program. You go through it day-by-day, there will be a mentor with you who have gone through the program. Your mentor will cheer you on and give you wonderful insight on your weight loss.

I just finish Day 2. Going to start Day 3 tomorrow and looking forward to it!

Wishing you all the best!

Bless you!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #7  

Thumbs down

Awful night.

I stayed up till 1AM filled with remorse and shame for eating late at night.

Sigh...

Today is another day.

I am focusing more on God to give me strength to help me resist the flesh.

I need to feast on the Lord's Words and stop worshipping food.

I am thinking of going to the gym across the street from my work and sign up. I should work out during my lunch break.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #8  

Talking

I am down to 183 lbs!

But I realize that this may be just water weight.

I started my 24 hour fast yesterday around 6pm. My last meal was technically around 4pm but I am ok fasting till 6pm.

I have learned to forgive myself. And move on from my mistakes. And learn from every lesson that I go through.

I also realized that it took me YEARS to develop these bad eating habits. Changing these habits won't happen over night.

I will falter here and there... The best thing for me to do when I fall is to GET UP and continue moving!

I didn't eat late last night! Yaaay! Victory! It is a small step but it's worth celebrating for!

I am continuing the Lord's Table lessons and moving on towards victory!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Good for you! That lesson is a good one. I had a friend do it and she had me be a 2nd accountability person for her journey.

Having a plan for when the temptations come is a great idea. What will you do in order to turn to the Lord instead of food?

Congrats on your good success!
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #10  

Default Any updates?

Thank you for sharing this program with us. I had never heard of it, and I am up on these things So how is it going? Does the mentor idea work?
time4renewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by time4renewal View Post
Thank you for sharing this program with us. I had never heard of it, and I am up on these things So how is it going? Does the mentor idea work?
I have been away for 2 months.

I was in the midst of doing this course (it was my second attempt at it)...I suddenly got caught up with so much work and school work.

I than suddenly didn't have time for this course.

Than the Holy Spirit convicted me. He stopped me in my track. And He lovingly pulled me back into His arms and told me that He misses me. I stopped what I was doing and burst out into tears...I have been neglecting the love of my life for two months without realizing it.

I quit my course that I was studying for because it was making me unhappy and pulling me away from God. I reduced work to focus on God.

I know the enemy is really trying his best to keep me from accomplishing this course as he succeeded twice in the past. I am in the midst of a spiritual warfare. I am praying for strength from God.

I started the course again. I just finish Day 2.

I am asking you all for prayers.

Will keep you updated.