Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Default Biscoff Spread?

I was in the peanut butter section looking for my usual peanut butter which is *see 1st link below)

Naturally More
http://www.naturallymore.com/products.html

I saw this "spread" called Biscoff. Does anyone eat this? If so, how does it taste? I want to try it but I"m not sure.
http://www.biscoff.com/DirectionsWEB...hp?itemid=0814

Ingredients:
Biscoff (Wheat Flour, Sugar, Vegetable(s) Oil [Contains One Or More Of The Following Soybean(s) Oil, Sunflower Oil, Canola Oil, Palm Oil] , Soy Flour, Sugar Brown, Leavening [Sodium Bicarbonate] , Salt, Cinnamon) , Canola Oil, Sugar, Soy Lecithin Emulsifiers, Citric Acid

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 tbsp
Servings Per Container: 27
Amount Per Serving
Calories 85
Total Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 33 mg 1
Potassium mg0%3,500 mg
Total Carbohydrate 5 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 0.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily vailues may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 239/173/155

Height: 6'

It's a spread from Belgium! My roommate was just there and brought some back. It's basically cookie in the form of spread. It tastes like tea cookies, it's really good...too good...
raspberry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberry13 View Post
It's a spread from Belgium! My roommate was just there and brought some back. It's basically cookie in the form of spread. It tastes like tea cookies, it's really good...too good...
Ooooooooooooooooooo. So glad to hear that. Thanks for your input.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Biscoff spread is SO GOOD!!!! It tastes just like those little cookies you get from Delta Airlines. It's a total trigger food though for me because I have been known to just eat it with a spoon out of the container
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
Biscoff spread is SO GOOD!!!! It tastes just like those little cookies you get from Delta Airlines. It's a total trigger food though for me because I have been known to just eat it with a spoon out of the container
Uh oh, sounds like it may be a trigger food for me. I read on Amazon, the reviews for this spread and one lady said that she had to throw it away because it was so good. She said that she couldn't stop eating it. LOL

I just have to try this. LOL. I think I"m going to get some today.

Thanks for the input everyone.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #6  

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!! I went to WalMart and bought a jar of Biscoff!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD !!!!!!!! I am in trouble. Everyone was right when they said it tastes so good and that it tastes like cookies. This knocks my OLD peanut butter OUT of the race!!! I am so done with my old peanut butter. LOL

It was late last night when I got back, so I ate 1 tsp and I was hooked. I should have never bought this. LOL. All I can say is OMG!!!!!!!! Thanks for the reviews everyone. You all were right. THIS IS SOME GOOD STUFF!!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I used to work for an airline. We had cases of the Biscoff cookies in the back room which were supposed to be for stocking the aircraft...These are the most wonderful cookies in the world, and I am sure the spread is equally wonderful, and something I probably need to leave on the shelf.

One of our passengers liked the cookies so much, he looked into buying some for himself. According to our passenger, the cookies were prohibitively expensive, so I guess the spread is a good substitute.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #8  

I had to give the spread away. It was just that good. If I were to keep it in my house, I would gain too much weight AND get sick because I would eat the entire jar.. That was some GOOD stuff but I had to part with it. :'(
Old 08-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I'm sure it tastes wonderful, but it makes Nutella look like a healthfood. It's essentially a high-fat cookie dough.

Even if I weren't allergic to wheat, I'd steer clear of this, because it's the epitome of the addictive salt/sugar/fat combination that David Kessler talks about in his book, The End of Overeating. Kessler reports that even lab rats and thin people have a hard time eating reasonable portions of foods containing the salt/sugar/fat flavor combination, which may be part of the reason that historically these foods were reserved for special occasions - of course the main reason being that until very recent times (like the last 100 years, and even more so in the last 35 years), the ingredients for these foods were very expensive (until about 100 years ago, only the very wealthy could eat large amounts of sugar on a regular basis).

There's no way I could keep something like this in the house (I don't even buy nutella anymore unless I'm going to put it out for a party, or can find the little individual packs).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

FYI-You can buy Biscoff cookies at Walmart and Walgreen's. I like to get them at Walmart as they come packaged up in 2 small cookie packages. Usually, one small pack will cure my snack urges and below 100 cal. for the two cookies. Not too expensive, either!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I'm sure it tastes wonderful, but it makes Nutella look like a healthfood. It's essentially a high-fat cookie dough.

Even if I weren't allergic to wheat, I'd steer clear of this, because it's the epitome of the addictive salt/sugar/fat combination that David Kessler talks about in his book, The End of Overeating. Kessler reports that even lab rats and thin people have a hard time eating reasonable portions of foods containing the salt/sugar/fat flavor combination, which may be part of the reason that historically these foods were reserved for special occasions - of course the main reason being that until very recent times (like the last 100 years, and even more so in the last 35 years), the ingredients for these foods were very expensive (until about 100 years ago, only the very wealthy could eat large amounts of sugar on a regular basis).

There's no way I could keep something like this in the house (I don't even buy nutella anymore unless I'm going to put it out for a party, or can find the little individual packs).
I have been eyeing Nutella as well. I"m glad that I didn't buy that one either. I read the ingredients for for the Biscoff and it definitely isn't a healthy spread. I'm so glad I gave it away.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
FYI-You can buy Biscoff cookies at Walmart and Walgreen's. I like to get them at Walmart as they come packaged up in 2 small cookie packages. Usually, one small pack will cure my snack urges and below 100 cal. for the two cookies. Not too expensive, either!
Ooooooooooooo, you shouldn't have told me that. Now I will be on the look out for them. LOL

Below 100 calories is not bad at all.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

The two-pack cookies are a good snack...especially considering the two cookies are only 73 calories or something.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I didn't need to know that either! I would sure consider the actual cookies for a little treat. Kaplods is right about the addictive qualities of the spread. I know that even though I've never had it. I [who adore cookie dough] must be clairvoyant.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I recently discoverd Nutella. Just never bothered with it in the past, but for some reason just HAD to try it....

Anyhoo....my son's girlfriend is allergic to peanuts. I replaced the peanut butter in my PB cookie recipe with Nutella and oh. Good. Lord. I think you can imagine how good they were. That was definitely a mistake, LOL!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 08-28-2012 at 02:31 PM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote