Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 08/22/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 08-22-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #2  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

Good Wednesday morning. I am such a night owl, but am making an effort to get up at 6 when my husband leaves for work so I can make him a spinach chocolate shake. I know it is only day 2 but it is so nice to a have a couple of hours before all the little girls get up.

WI#4 -1lb and 1-1/2in for a total of 13.6lbs and 12-3/4in!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning IP Family!
I've just returned from another trip... this time to the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire and gorgeous forests of VT! Definite highlight of the trip was meeting USMCVET!! He is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet and hubby and I look forward to hosting him and his wife in our hometown the next time they come to see his family. I'd go see him again in a heartbeat, even without stopping at Ben & Jerry's for the factory tour! lol ( An added surprise of touring VT!)

As some of you know, I've had some difficulty deciding on a "goal" weight. (Who hasn't?) and I'm toying with the decision of doing P1 again to see where I can go. It's just a timing thing... with school starting again, but then the 4 day weekend and camping with a group of friends, maybe I should start after Labor Day. I know that it would definitely do my body good to get back into the strict routine of P1 again. I've been slipping with the quantity of veggies with meals lately, and while I have not seen a gain, I don't feel good about it.

Wishing everyone a great OP IP day!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning IPeeps:
I made it thru day one, again, with no problem. I just got finished reading thru yesterday' posts. For those of you who know me, you know that I have been trying ot lose weight for the past 19 years. In 2000 I found out that I had cervical cancer and at this time I was traveling with DH and everytime we stopped for gas, I would buy enogh junk food to eat to make it until the next gas stop. This was comforting me. Well, before you know it, 10, 20, 30 pounds just appeared on me. I noticed, but I didn't care, DH told me the he would love me no matter how I looked. Then one day I got on the scale and to my amazement more had attached itself to me, so now I was 90 pounds overweight. I was always too tired to exercise, so I just stayed on the couch. On Sept 8 2002, I joined LA and had wonderful success, I had lost 50 pounds by the end of Janurary. Then I began to have problems as work and where did I trun? Right back to my comfort.....FOOD. Gained all the weight back and then some. I tried Phen Phen, I tired the cabbage soup diet, the hot dog diet, the heart diet, I joined weight watchers, even tried over the counter diet pills. Nothing worked. I loved food way to much to stay OP on anything. Then last year I was out shopping for clothes, I went to the dressing room to try on what I thought was my size and it didn't fit, I went and got another and and another and the same thing. Finally on the fourth try I had found the one that fit and it was 4 sizes bigger than I thought I was. I just broke down and cried.......I had finally had enough. I didn't know what to do, because I had tried everything and nothing worked. I stumbled across this site and I lurked for awhile, I watched Wuv's posts and watched her lose. I researched this plan until I was going crossed eyed, and I decided that I would give it a try. But I could not afford the cost of the plan and Dh woudl not be too happy to fork out the money again and then me fail AGAIN. So I decided to try doing it with Alternatives. I began to lose and I was feeling to much better. I have done wonderfully so far on the plan and I am amazed that I have stuck with it.

DH asked me a couple of weeks ago if there was someone else, and I told him no and asked him why. He said because I am losing weight and changing the way I look. He said that he has been begging me for years to lose weight and I haven't done it and all of a sudden I am doing it so there must be someone else. I told him no, that I had finally had enough. He said that I have said that before, I told him that this time I had, that even tho I tried to lose weight before my mind was not in the right mindset. That I had to have the right mindset and this time I have it. And I am determined to lose this weight and keep it off. I have finally come to realize that I am not giving up certain foods forever, they are going to be there when I am finished. I am giving up the foods for now to better myself and cleanse myself from all the damage that I have done to my body. I am learning how to eat, how to have self control. I have learned that I AM CONTROLING THE FOOD, THE FOOD DOES NOT CONTROL ME!!!! Do I want to sneak a taste of something? Sure. But I don't because I love myself too much to ruin what I have been working so hard for. So trust me when I say that I totally understand where some of you come from when you say that you want to have extra bars, or just a little taste of something, what can it hurt? Maybe nothing, but yourself. Yes, this is a strict plan, but you are worth it. Go get a pen/pencil and some paper and sit down and write a letter to yourself as to why you want this this. Be honset and don't hold anything back. I know that I had posted somewhere on here my letter. Keep the letter with you, any time that you want to cheat, taste, have extras etc.....pull that letter out and read it.

We are all here to support one another and always will be. That it the good thing about this site, we all know what each other is going thru in one way or another. We understand slip ups, they are going to happen, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get right back on the horse, but intentional slip ups are not understandable. If you purposly do it, then you need to step back and rethink this, try and figure out why you are doing it and if you are really in the right mindset to continue on this plan, you are only hurting yourself by doing it. Don't you thing that you are worth it? Do you not think that you deserve it? You know what?? I do, I think every single one of us is woth it and we deserve it!!! We deserve to look good, feel good, be HAPPY with ourselves and with life.

So..........remember everone, any loss is a good loss not matter how small. It is just that much less you are carrying around on your body this week than you were last. And if there is a gain, it is no big deal, because we are not eating enough for it to be "fat". Just hang in there, this plan does work.

Hugs and Kisses all!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all! Perfect trifecta today!

DH and I have both been on IP since Memorial Day (he a bit longer.)

Today - he weighed in at 199.2 (down 68 pounds) and I hit my original goal of 135 (down 32 pounds). This also means we hit a combined weight loss of 100 pounds - and we start planning our dream vacation to Maldives (probably 2 years away, but something to anticipate.)

DH looking to lose another 25-30 pounds. I am thinking 5 more? 10? it's kind of addictive! No lower than 125 -

With luck DH will reach goal by late October, getting him to Phase 4 by the holidays.

thanks for being a place i can show off.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #6  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
It's just a timing thing... with school starting again, but then the 4 day weekend and camping with a group of friends, maybe I should start after Labor Day. I know that it would definitely do my body good to get back into the strict routine of P1 again. I've been slipping with the quantity of veggies with meals lately
I am the queen of camping on IP -- spent 2 lots of 10-14 days without hydro on IP this summer. I confess that I did have a very small propane fridge, so could keep my veggies cool, but I couldn't go buy any new ones. What I brought in to the spot was all I had. What is it about the camping trip that makes you think you can't do IP? A few good ideas:
-- freeze ahead (I had some veggies pureed and frozen-- that was my "ice" for cooler, and then I added to my soup to eat! I also bought frozen spinach in cubes so I could grab a few of those at a time
-- bags of premix salad and veggies so it doesn't matter if ice melts on them, they'll be dry
-- the "green" veggie keep tupperware really do work (got my "As seen on tv" set at Giant Tiger) I presliced celery to fit, and it kept fruit for my kids like cherries not squished and not slimy. The food kept for the whole two weeks without going gross
-- RTD drinks in a pinch, lots of bottles of water, and I confess I had some Coke Zero if I felt like I needed a pop
--Shrimp kebabs, Chicken burgers, salads... all camping friendly (just no bun)
-- when everyone else cracks the chips and s'mores, I cracked my BBQ Ridges and begrudgingly shared "just one" to all the people who wanted to try them.
-- You don't need electricity to use your shaker, but if you need your magic bullet to make shakes, and are not at a site that has electricity, buy a car adaptor so you can have a "plug" option. We had no car, so my hubby brought in a charged battery thing that I could plug my magic bullet into. Not that is love
-- And finally, I suspect "booze" is the real culprit for a lot of "long weekend getaways". I once had the low carb beer and Skinny girl wine one weekend so I felt like I was doing low carb drinking, but now I know that even low carb beer has 67g of carbs and that's too high so I say the booze isn't worth it.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #7  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Good morning all! Perfect trifecta today!
he weighed in at 199.2 (down 68 pounds)
I just joined the "never to be 200 again club" this month too and am excited... I send you both cheers, but these are BLUE for hubby
Old 08-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Rissimo - that is so well said! We need to love ourselves more - because all that food certainly didn't love us back!!!

Today is WI Wednesday! I don't really feel like I've lost anything this week though - it's felt like TOM has been on his way for the last week and a half, but nothing has happened yet. (I know I'm not pregnant, it's probably from the diet and my body adjusting). Hubby says I look like I've gotten a little smaller again, so maybe I'll see an inches loss if no pounds. I've stayed OP all week but haven't been quite as good about my water as usual so we'll see how it pans out.

I've seen many folks on here who had TOM come sooner or stay longer than normal - but has anyone else NOT gotten their visit after starting IP? Just wondering if it's something I need to have looked at.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #9  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Good morning, all

Just checking in to let you know I'm still out here and OP. I'm up in northerm Michigan with rural archiac phone lines and PeoplePC dialup. Makes it hard to be online, plus there's a ton of wonderful things to do here, so I'm busy. I miss everyone and reading the threads on the forum. I do not have a scale here, but it appears that at least the inches whoosh fairy found me. Pants that were fine last week are sagging and about to fall off.

Have a great Wednesday
Molly
Old 08-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #10  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Hi everyone. I'm so excited that I have the day off today, so nice. But, no sleeping in much for me. Dentist at 8:30, car recall part work at 10:00, having a lamp post in front yard replaced at 1:00, then WI at 3:30. I'm going to run by the Sprint store just to look at the new phones (I love technology) May think about getting one pair of new pants. I really need them but want to wait until I reach my goal. Who knows, I'll wait and see where the wind blows me.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

rissimo - great post - a lot of what you wrote are things I need to remind myself of.

I also need to go back and read some of the previous threads of the mental aspect of losing weight. I had my picture taken the other day and I hate looking at it. To me, I don't look like I've lost 30 pounds. the other day I commented how not many people have noticed my weight loss. About 5 minutes ago, a woman here who weighs about 80 pounds told me that I looked Fabulous!! She knows that I'm dieting, but she obviously didn't have to say that. And of course I can't just say "Thank you", I have to go on and on about how I need to lose more. This morning I weighed in at 189.4, my lowest to date.

Those are just my random thoughts for today....!!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Rissimo - that is so well said! We need to love ourselves more - because all that food certainly didn't love us back!!!

Ditto! I appreciate what you had to say so much Rissimo!

Today is WI Wednesday! I don't really feel like I've lost anything this week though - it's felt like TOM has been on his way for the last week and a half, but nothing has happened yet. (I know I'm not pregnant, it's probably from the diet and my body adjusting). Hubby says I look like I've gotten a little smaller again, so maybe I'll see an inches loss if no pounds. I've stayed OP all week but haven't been quite as good about my water as usual so we'll see how it pans out.

I've seen many folks on here who had TOM come sooner or stay longer than normal - but has anyone else NOT gotten their visit after starting IP? Just wondering if it's something I need to have looked at.
Good Luck on your WI today!!!

I am weighing in today and very anxious! I haven't been on my scale since returning from my LONG working vacation. I will be happy if I didn't gain but I really am hoping for a loss. I worked very hard to stay OP on my trip despite my MIL. Wish me luck!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #13  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Ugh...allergies are really kicking in this week. So glad my dad is here to help out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
I've just returned from another trip... this time to the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire and gorgeous forests of VT! Definite highlight of the trip was meeting USMCVET!! He is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet and hubby and I look forward to hosting him and his wife in our hometown the next time they come to see his family. I'd go see him again in a heartbeat, even without stopping at Ben & Jerry's for the factory tour! lol ( An added surprise of touring VT!)

As some of you know, I've had some difficulty deciding on a "goal" weight. (Who hasn't?) and I'm toying with the decision of doing P1 again to see where I can go. It's just a timing thing... with school starting again, but then the 4 day weekend and camping with a group of friends, maybe I should start after Labor Day. I know that it would definitely do my body good to get back into the strict routine of P1 again. I've been slipping with the quantity of veggies with meals lately, and while I have not seen a gain, I don't feel good about it.
Oh Dakin...you are making me soooooo "homesick"...I lived in New England for 5 years and it is my dream to move back "someday". Such a beautiful area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
DH looking to lose another 25-30 pounds. I am thinking 5 more? 10? it's kind of addictive! No lower than 125
It really is addictive to see the weight drop and the body transform! I probably would have kept going if I wasn't in a baby making time crunch, but at 38 I need all the time I can get! I am still a work in progress though, surprised to see the changes even with what seems to be a gigantic amount of food (ate 1/2 a pumpkin pie for breakfast...and I had to eat ALL of it for P3!!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Hugs and Kisses all!!!
Well said Riss!! I remember your letter very well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I skipped this last TOM, took 2 tests just in case, both negative (hoping for the opposite in a few months of maintenance).

Last edited by LizRR; 08-22-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

LizRR - I'm sure you posted it days ago, but I've been MIA. What is this pumpkin pie you speak of?!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #15  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 180/136/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello!! Today is WI #4 for me....don't feel like I have lost much but my TOM is coming next week so I think it has something to do with it....I am so happy that I found this website because it totally helps me stay on track! You are all an inspriration to me and whenever I feel like I can't do it I come here and get the encourgement and "tough love" that I need to push through. Thank you all so much!!
Closed Thread