Old 06-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/222/150

Height: 5'8"

Default I wish this forum was more active

Hey Paganchicks!

I've been a 3FC member for quite a while, but somehow I only just realized that this was here. It makes me super happy to see that there is support for pagans on here. I was browsing the faith-based forum trying to find some kind of thread started by/for pagans, and was distraught to not see a single one! Well, now I know why.

So, It's great that we have our own sub-forum all to ourselves, but where are all of you Paganchicks? I noticed that the general discussion for the Paganchicks is still on 2011. Maybe we should start one for 2012?

I'm so happy to see that there is a Pagan population on here, and look forward to getting to know all of you better!
AbstractSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Post something everyday and you may revive interest in it.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/222/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Post something everyday and you may revive interest in it.
Okay! : ) I'll try and make a habit of doing that. I think it is a great support for people with belief systems that don't fit into the mainstream expectation of our society, and would love to see it become active and thriving. Thanks for the advice!
AbstractSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

I'm around, but I don't come here for my pagan needs.

I have my pagan group for that.

I mainly come here for PCOS support and losing a LOT support (100 lbs).

But I don't mind chiming in if there's a thread popping up.

What's on your mind?

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/192/155

Height: 5'2

I just joined this week and was happy to find Paganchicks--then disappointed to find it is not often posted in. Perhaps we can change that.
Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I don't call myself a Pagan. I'm an atheist. I am a director of a Sunday School for an Ethical Society which is non-theist. I guess most would consider me a heathen! LOL

But yes, there are those of us with little faith needs here.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #7  

Location: Boulder, CO- but moving back to NJ in less than one week!

S/C/G: 252/185/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Merry Meet and an Introduction of Sorts ;)

*waves hello* I'd like to see this forum more active, too.

I'm Sue, aka Xirene, aka Amber Ravenstar. Mostly solitary witch/Wiccan, was in a coven back in the mid 90's but found that solitary practice suited me best.

Last Samhain was a major turning point in my life. It's all about endings- well, that day I ended a 12 year, miserable codependent relationship and decided I was going to move back east to where my family and friends were. I also decided I wanted to take control of my body back. I wanted to be creative again. And I wanted to be happy. I'd lived in a fog for years- it was easier that way, I didn't have to think or make hard decisions. I asked the Lord and Lady to help me and keep me strong and focused. I'd never stopped loving and honoring them, but it had been a long time since I'd last actively participated in my faith and I wanted that back, too.

Well, I'm more than 50 lbs lighter than I was that day. I'm safely off blood pressure and anti-depressant medication, and don't need either any more! I'm moving back east in less than two months (and I get to keep my job, since I work from home!). I didn't take the ex back, but I've gone and fallen in love with someone who's been a friend for almost eight years- neither of us saw it coming, and I've discovered that all those cliches about falling in love with someone who's your friend first are true. I went from not having drawn or painted in about 15 years to becoming a published artist, with three book covers to my credit. And I've written the novel I always knew was in me- and it's gone and turned into a series! I'm halfway through writing book two.

What a ride it's been! I am especially looking forward to Samhain this year, to mark the changes, give thanks for the strength to keep going, and to set some goals for the next year!
xirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/192/155

Height: 5'2

Xirene, congratulations on all the success so far--sounds like you're definitely on the right track now.
Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/225/120

Height: 5'0

I guess this forum isn't too active, because either a) You don't have that many alternachicks who need to lose weight or b) there's a lot more out there who just don't believe their tattoos and piercings make them alternative because they've become so mainstream.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/180

Height: 5'6"

What does having tattoos and piercings have to do with being Pagan?

I can tell you from experience... not a damned thing.

Just got back from a year long self sabotaging hiatus. Anyone still out there?
ShelBl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/225/120

Height: 5'0

Oh I thought they meant the "alternachicks" forum.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote